Jump to content


Additional Female Crew: Possible?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

SABAOTH #1 Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36437 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

I have this question because I just realized I will not manage to fit all roosters and I will have some female crew member mismatched.

 

I could not find a clear information in the internet, but I got some hints that it should be possible to have some female crew members other than those from personal missions.

Since we are having more nations it would be nice to be able to get one rooster for each nation.

 

Does anybody know if there is/was/ will be such a possibility? (earn / recruit/ buy)



captainpigg #2 Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30949 battles
  • 802
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014
Except that you don't need anything other than female commanders anymore since SoS works with BIA.

SABAOTH #3 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36437 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View Postcaptainpigg, on 05 July 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Except that you don't need anything other than female commanders anymore since SoS works with BIA.

 

They have the skill for free, so they are definitely better. Like the berlin trio crew ;)

Spurtung #4 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61592 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostSABAOTH, on 05 July 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

I could not find a clear information in the internet, but I got some hints that it should be possible to have some female crew members other than those from personal missions.

Apart from the 20 you can get from PMs, there were the 5 Swedish ones as rewards for pimping your Xmas tree.

 

Pimp mah Xmas Tri™



PointZero #5 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42189 battles
  • 1,069
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

View PostSABAOTH, on 05 July 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

They have the skill for free, so they are definitely better. Like the berlin trio crew ;)

 

Yes but it's better to recruit 20 fresh commanders with BIA, 6th sense and ready to start training on their 3rd skill which they will also do faster than to "waste" them on 2 skill Radio-operators and such ;)

SABAOTH #6 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36437 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 05 July 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Apart from the 20 you can get from PMs, there were the 5 Swedish ones as rewards for pimping your Xmas tree.

 

Pimp mah Xmas Tri™

 

Uh? I think I did not get it. :amazed:

Spurtung #7 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:07 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61592 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postcaptainpigg, on 05 July 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Except that you don't need anything other than female commanders anymore since SoS works with BIA.

 

The problem is that rules got changed mid-game, and a lot of people have full female crews in some tanks.

It's pretty shitty not to give anyone the opportunity to reset them to whatever they want after making such a change.



Spurtung #8 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61592 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostSABAOTH, on 05 July 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

Uh? I think I did not get it. :amazed:

 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/new-year-marathon-announcement/

SABAOTH #9 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:10 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36437 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

I also like to keep the same pace for my crew skills, so more or less they are balanced.

 

But compared to female crew to do this with normal crew members would require huge amount of free experience.



PointZero #10 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42189 battles
  • 1,069
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 05 July 2017 - 01:03 PM, said:

Apart from the 20 you can get from PMs, there were the 5 Swedish ones as rewards for pimping your Xmas tree.

 

I also recall that Steel Hunt/Domination on Rampage mode gave you 2 extra girls for doing the missions that people were rigging because of the T-22 Medium.

Spurtung #11 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61592 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostPointZero, on 05 July 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

Yes but it's better to recruit 20 fresh commanders with BIA, 6th sense and ready to start training on their 3rd skill which they will also do faster than to "waste" them on 2 skill Radio-operators and such ;)

 

Yeah..."people have asked BiA to work with SoS so here you go, nevermind the ones you already got: you're keeping them just as they are and will never be able to change their nationality, only their major qualification if you pay up" could have been their announcement on it.

Spurtung #12 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61592 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostPointZero, on 05 July 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

 

I also recall that Steel Hunt/Domination on Rampage mode gave you 2 extra girls for doing the missions that people were rigging because of the T-22 Medium.

 

True, forgot about the rig fest, 2 more there indeed.

SABAOTH #13 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36437 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

 

View PostSpurtung, on 05 July 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

 

True, forgot about the rig fest, 2 more there indeed.

 

Uhm, then I missed those being away for last 2 years.

 

I just wonder if they have plans to give chance to get some more. I kind of like the addition to have some girl only tanks in my rooster :girl:

 

Yes I know there are mods to do that but is not the same I prefer the real vanilla thing in this case. :medal:

 

(I believe I am not the only one looking forward to it)



PointZero #14 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42189 battles
  • 1,069
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011

View PostSpurtung, on 05 July 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

Yeah..."people have asked BiA to work with SoS so here you go, nevermind the ones you already got: you're keeping them just as they are and will never be able to change their nationality, only their major qualification if you pay up" could have been their announcement on it.

 

It's a good change, but once again they took way too long to implement it. Even someone as slow as me to do the personal missions had gotten all the possible girls from PM's before they made the change happen. I'm ok with the idea of having full girl crews since I mostly put them in tanks I play often but given a fresh chance I would propably end up recruiting them all as commanders to negate the pain of having to train a fresh new commander for every keeper I come accross while grinding up a new line.

 

If a new-ish player is good enough to complete both Stug IV and T28 Concept missions it will give him a chance to catch up with more experienced players when he can recruit 10 moderately skilled Commanders.



Spurtung #15 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 61592 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostPointZero, on 05 July 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

 

It's a good change, but once again they took way too long to implement it. Even someone as slow as me to do the personal missions had gotten all the possible girls from PM's before they made the change happen. I'm ok with the idea of having full girl crews since I mostly put them in tanks I play often but given a fresh chance I would propably end up recruiting them all as commanders to negate the pain of having to train a fresh new commander for every keeper I come accross while grinding up a new line.

 

If a new-ish player is good enough to complete both Stug IV and T28 Concept missions it will give him a chance to catch up with more experienced players when he can recruit 10 moderately skilled Commanders.

 

Commander or driver, as those are the crew members with the most skills to train. Obviously driver wouldn't be for every tank, but I really hate having radio operators because SoS wouldn't work with BiA and I'm now stuck with it, as thousands others for sure.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64420 battles
  • 15,439
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

As pointed out above, there have been some as event rewards to. But I highly doubt they will appear for "sale" as such. Tho you can mix them with a Berlin crew etc now.

 

But WG did say recently that there is a new set of PM coming soon. So then I guess you will have a chance to get 20 more if you want them on other nations. When? Who knows.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users