Possible new match making, non tier based?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

a lot of threads go on and on about the MM

a lot of threads go on and on about tank imbalances

so I have been thinking  (dangerous I know :teethhappy:​)

remove the tier totally, happy to keep the trees roughly as they are for xp etc

make all tanks realistic values armour guns used etc, for example tier 6 tiger 131 is much better balanced than tier 7

then give every tank a battle weight that adjusts every game according to the wins losses of that tank

soon you will have tanks getting even battles 

this would remove the balancing issues as whenever you tweek/nerf a tank it creates problems elsewhere

just a thought

SABAOTH #2 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36377 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

15 AMX 40 vs 15 AMX 40

My gosh... :ohmy:

dan_dix #3 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12659 battles

View PostStewie2ie, on 05 July 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

then give every tank a battle weight that adjusts every game according to the wins losses of that tank

You mean wins/losses of the tank overall (all players, all modes, all servers, etc) or win/loses of the tank per player?

In the former there wouldn't be that much difference compared to the tiers as they are now. You'd just have tanks automatically balanced into a tier rather than a tier imposed as they are now. But my feeling is that you won't end up with something much different that what you have now. Tiger I will still be at least 1 tier over Tiger 131

Or perhaps you meant something else.

Dru_UK #4 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

all for hearing new ideas, but think this one is a bad idea, and actually not implementable at all.

Particularly when certain nationality vehicles are over or under achieving. stat padders or seal clubbing tanks will become completely OP in the right hands, whilst being kept low because of the 'player-bases' general performance in them.

I'd like to see an actually much easier and cleaner MM, whereby they are flexible with the 3/5/7 system depending upon amount of vehicles waiting in each tier and also possibly, looking at having 'basic tank match making' and 'elite tank match matching' - this would work on the theory that as a stock tank you only play +1 tier, but when you unlock all modules/top gun, then you automatically get put into +2 tier territory'

T8 Premium tanks as already unlocked would therefore default be +2

Isharial #5 Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18327 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStewie2ie, on 05 July 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

a lot of threads go on and on about the MM

a lot of threads go on and on about tank imbalances

so I have been thinking  (dangerous I know :teethhappy:​)

remove the tier totally, happy to keep the trees roughly as they are for xp etc

make all tanks realistic values armour guns used etc, for example tier 6 tiger 131 is much better balanced than tier 7

soon you will have tanks getting even battles

this would remove the balancing issues as whenever you tweek/nerf a tank it creates problems elsewhere

just a thought

so, what?

would this mean my AC46 will drop a tier to T6? (because its regarded as the one of the most useless T7 TD's) with its actual stats, it would be a bit broken there however, the armour would be enough to be more useable than a lot of heavies, and the speed and gun would be powerful enough to rip apart anything it came across (essentially, it would be a very fast moving T-150 with a lot more pen)

not exactly the balance you were looking for was it?

this idea just wont work

and the tanks that people fail in, even though they are actually decent tanks, like the T67, would be dropped down, making them even more powerful in the right hands... sealclubbers delight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users