• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #401 Posted Today, 06:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16656 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostSlyspy, on 27 July 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Given that they released a video on the old MM stating that the system didn't care for player skill and yet people still didn't believe it I think that we can safely assume that those most in need of convincing will never be convinced. 

Player skill is not the only factor that can be taken into account, there could be hundreds of variables used by WG for whatever purpose, for example stacking vehicle winrates in one way or another.

There is enough empirical evidence to at least acknowledge a possibility that matchmaking behaves differently depending on the time of day and produces different winrates at these times.

My winrates vary from 70% in the early mornings to 40% in the evenings.

One thing I noticed is that I see very few premium tanks in the early mornings and a lot in the evenings. It may have nothing to do with what I observed about winrates.

Or the effects of some things on the matchmaker might be completely unexpected and unintended. Or not.

At the moment, I don't know if WG and the players are on the same boat regarding team balance.

If the matchmaker really doesn't biais teams, then issuing a statement saying so is easy to do and costs WG nothing, end of story.

Baldrickk #402 Posted Today, 07:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26047 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 28 July 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

Player skill is not the only factor that can be taken into account, there could be hundreds of variables used by WG for whatever purpose, for example stacking vehicle winrates in one way or another.

There is enough empirical evidence to at least acknowledge a possibility that matchmaking behaves differently depending on the time of day and produces different winrates at these times.

My winrates vary from 70% in the early mornings to 40% in the evenings.

One thing I noticed is that I see very few premium tanks in the early mornings and a lot in the evenings. It may have nothing to do with what I observed about winrates.

Or the effects of some things on the matchmaker might be completely unexpected and unintended. Or not.

At the moment, I don't know if WG and the players are on the same boat regarding team balance.

If the matchmaker really doesn't biais teams, then issuing a statement saying so is easy to do and costs WG nothing, end of story.

Actually, they have issued that statement in the past.

They made a fancy video too, and that will have cost them money to make so...

Literally outright stated twice in the first minute and change.

Edited by Baldrickk, Today, 07:20 AM.

Also tagged with MM

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users