MM

• Please log in to reply
10783 replies to this topic

Igor_BL #41 Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41316 battles
  • [GX] GX

Do you have any dignity to start answering people on your forum?
Yeah, constant crying about every thing in WOT is not helping.

But here, you have obvios problem. Tier8 MM.
Is there any employe from WG, moderator on forum, CC, anyone? To answer the players.

If you dont have man for that job, hire one.

And, better dont answer anything, then some generic, *Edited answers. I.E. "we are analyzing the problem and looking for best possible solution" bla bla bla puke

Earning credits with premium tanks became so f painfull... And i mean normal premium tanks, not those powercreeps you put in the game in last year.

Edited by Nohe21, 09 July 2017 - 09:56 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

GrleREB #42 Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30943 battles
  • [FARM-] FARM-

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 06 July 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Since my thread was locked and you apparently want to cram everything in one thread: 3-5-7 is a complete failure, which surprises absolutely nobody except WG employees.

Results in from 100 tier VIII battles:

Spoiler

Battles played: 100

VI-VIII: 17

VII-VIII: 1

VII-IX: 18

VIII: 6

VIII-IX: 19

VIII-X: 39

I think that speaks for itself.

Tier VI results will be up within a week or so, if I manage to finish that run as tier VI isn't my thing to begin with and I've been getting annoyed more by my higher tier teammates than the fact I was bottom tier most of the time.

​Wow you were top tier in 3-5-7 17 times out of 100 games ... you lucky bastard :P

I was 1 in 75 games :confused:

torloisk #43 Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

Corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 30822 battles
  • [SHOR] SHOR

All MM problems are known.

Just one question: When will WG fix them?

stewe2013 #44 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8057 battles
  • [HEXED] HEXED
Well they could certanly start by REPLYING in any way shape or form, or just acknowledge the situation at hand. And no Im not talking about that formal bs that everyone pulls off "we are analazing the data" or whatever. We want/need concrete evidence and reassurance that someting is being done about the problem/s right now. How can Blizzard aond other companies have such interaction with their playerbase/fanbase for Gods sake WG...
(and yes I am aware that not all companies studios have interaction with their customers, but why have the forum in the first place then? whats the point?)

Hammerhead20 #45 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25417 battles

Ok, since you are "really waiting for our feedback", just let me ask you something:

When you are going to solve this nonsense? How long this will going to take?

Who actually decided that "medium vs. heavy" is a "perfectly" balanced thing?

https://s14.postimg....pid_balance.jpg

https://s24.postimg....id_balance2.jpg

Battle was lost in less than 4 min. Wake up already and start using your brain!

Edited by Hammerhead20, 06 July 2017 - 03:22 PM.

Pablo_Amenable #46 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10862 battles

View Posttorloisk, on 06 July 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

All MM problems are known.

Just one question: When will WG fix them?

Why are you so sure that they will even bother? :P

Noo_Noo #47 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 21939 battles

View PostPablo_Amenable, on 06 July 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

Why are you so sure that they will even bother? :P

They'll fix it by buffing certain premium vehicles to Defender levels and introducing new Chrysler OP premiums. 

That way people need to spend money to play tier 8. And use free XP, by spending money, to jump to tier 9 in standard vehicles. 

Pure speculation of course

1ncompetenc3 #48 Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37004 battles

View PostGrleREB, on 06 July 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

​Wow you were top tier in 3-5-7 17 times out of 100 games ... you lucky bastard :P

I was 1 in 75 games :confused:

They key is to keep switching between different premium tanks. The game will then recognise you as a whale and throw you a bone. A very tiny, already kind of chewed up bone.

Ocelot_Shalashaska #49 Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36025 battles

so my bro and I tried to make some silver today on his account with T-44-100 and Pilot for 140.

T8 matchmaking looks like this

T10 - 25 games (+2 mm)

T9 - 19 games (+1 mm)

T8 - 10 games (whole T8 mm)

T7 - 1 game (-1 mm)

T6  - 3 games (-2 mm)

working as intended? I call bs

Edited by Ocelot_Shalashaska, 06 July 2017 - 05:42 PM.

Slyspy #50 Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14205 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I wonder if it would help if they reintroduced battle tier twelve? It might draw some of the tier nine and ten vehicles off to play their own single and double tier matches. I think the tier nines can handle it. On the other hand this might simply move the problem which is currently experienced by tier eights down to tier six.

lord_chipmonk #51 Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34523 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostPrincess_Ema, on 05 July 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

Figured you were a troll with so much free time to talk BS over 95% or 99% , tier 8 is most of the times bottom tier that is a fact and now keep this topic clear of your spams and childish arguments .

EDIT : Oh no WG will definitely listen to a kid like you who is looking for some arguments that even a 3 years old will not engage in , and you are definitely gonna be listened to when you make useless arguments over some numbers .

That was my last quote of your posts , not gonna waste more time on a troll when we need a fix here and the troll is only looking for wasting time.

Yes, looking through my posting history clearly indicates that I'm a troll. Of course. Nice to see people can still take criticism on the internet in a nice, mature fashion. What can I say? I make no apologies for valuing concepts such as truth. 

On a more useful note, if MM is a bit messed up, presumably that could be alleviated by having a higher proportion of "tier 12" matches. Then there might be a knock-on effect for other tiers. This is assuming of course that people being bottom tier more isn't intentional on WG's part to encourage more gold ammo usage and more purchase of the oh so fantastically priced Fort Knox package. 

Hobbewulf #52 Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22222 battles
  • [TFVS] TFVS
To get things back in direction ... its not simply about playing T8 its the penalties that platooning causes and how that affects the 3-5-7 matchmaking which seems to be the most common setup. Its a disincentive to platoon anymore at any tier.

WindSplitter1 #53 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16685 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostAC130Pilot, on 05 July 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Too many battles in M53/M55 as top tier...

Time to get the ole Swinging Richard back to my garage then...

Thuis001 #54 Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

Even though this MM is better then pre 9.18 it still has quite a few issues.

-Platoon play: you are almost never top tier and same tier MM is the best you can hope for basicly.

-Tier VIII: seems to be *Edited, I don't have a tier VIII myself but I can see why this issue exists.

(after 9.19) The decrease of same tier and 2 tier battles, these two were literally the best thing about the new MM, because you don't have some 2 tier higher tank eating you for breakfast but you can actually play quite confident. Please bring this back. (more on this later in the post)

-Top tier players: ok so this isn't always but in most battles with multiple tier line-up, one team has good (or better in some cases) top tier players, and will thus win most of the time. When playing tier VI something that happens way too often is this: My team has 1 or 2 Tier VIII players that have 1k+ WN8 while the other team has 2 with 1.5k+ and 1 with 1k+ (and no, it isn't a 3-men platoon) or some idiot with <1k games and <200 WN8 playing a Tier VIII Prem. Which (given tier VIII being top tier) should carry the team dying in the first 2-5 minutes after doing 500 dmg or something.

-Also the "Tomatoes" V.S. "Potatoes" battles on Tier V/VI are just annoying, I mean I play this game to have a good time and if out of 10 games 5 or 6 you will most likely loose just because the MM put you in the worse team then it can be a reason to stop playing. I mean, I had a battle (tier V) where my team had 2 players that had 1k+ WN8 (according to XVM) while the othere team had 5 or 6, of wich 3 in a 3-men T67 platoon. And I saw this and was like, eh... a 4 year old could have made a more balanced game (ofc we lost this)

-"bots":  Me and a friend were playing a few rounds last night and then we saw a KV-1S with just shy of 1k games, 35 WN8 and 44% WR. So I was like, ok... how can you get such a low WN8 when playing those tanks, I mean seriously how. And after getting 1-shotted after about 2 minutes (IKV 103, so arty managed to pen my, yeay) and watching my friend getting a ton of damage and assistance before getting killed. I saw that the last player left was this KV-1S with 35 WN8. He was on full health and there was a Luchs on the enemy team. There were a few minutes left and he was near the cap. Against all Logic (and literally EVERYONE IN THE CHAT) he gets the completely idiot idea of "chasing" that Luchs. (eh... can someone tell me why any player would do that EVER? in a KV-1S). Well after a minute or 2-3 he gets out of the town (ruinberg) and has a few houses between him and the Luchs, he lost about a third of his HP while dealing none. (he has the 122mm) meanwhile everyone in chat is freaking out because this *Edited is about to throw the game. And in the next minute or so it becomes very clear that this is a bot. First of, he is "chasing" a Luchs instead of capping. Next of is him literally using just auto-aim and thus missing the tank. Combined with just sitting behind the building and not taking shots while the Luchs was exposed for almost 10 seconds, (and yes he was reloaded because there were like 20 seconds passed since his last shot) (at this point he was being called bot (most likely rightly) and he was being hated upon) At the end RNG allows him to kill the Luchs in the last 40 seconds or so. Yet still mainly because the Luchs does something remarkably stupid. And yes some may argue this is just a bad player, but a bad player would still have shot the Luchs during that 10 second gap (why not, I mean if you don't shoot you would kill him anyway) while this seemed more like a very badly programmed bot. And stuff like this isn't even that rare, (this was just very explicit because of the combo of strange and stupid things.) And kinda ruins the game. (instead of this bot we could have gotten a bad player that still would have been more usefull.)

Edited by Nohe21, 09 July 2017 - 10:03 AM.

jabster #55 Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostThuis001, on 06 July 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

-Also the "Tomatoes" V.S. "Potatoes" battles on Tier V/VI are just annoying, I mean I play this game to have a good time and if out of 10 games 5 or 6 you will most likely loose just because the MM put you in the worse team then it can be a reason to stop playing. I mean, I had a battle (tier V) where my team had 2 players that had 1k+ WN8 (according to XVM) while the othere team had 5 or 6, of wich 3 in a 3-men T67 platoon. And I saw this and was like, eh... a 4 year old could have made a more balanced game (ofc we lost this)

As WG seem pretty adamant that player performance will not be part of the MM for randoms the best advice I can give is to remove XVM in-game stats. You're still going to get unbalanced teams but why know about something you can do nothing about?

The next thing is realising that you both can't control who your team or the enemy team are and they also have the largest say in the outcome of the battle. That, for me, lead to an attitude that the fun in the game is not based on winning but instead making a personal contribution and having a 'good game'.

Lastly, when you look at the final board and see how many players performed badly try and remember how many times you are one of those players. 

gunslingerXXX #56 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11433 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Played 6 battles (yes, low sample size, fck off please) wednesday in tier 7, did not see a single tier 9 :teethhappy:

working as intended.

MattTheMiz #57 Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20343 battles
  • [ARBK] ARBK
best tier is t7 and t9, playing with 1375 was awesome, now playing with stock bc 12t *Edited, we should just stop playing t8, you rigged that, and in every single battle i see people raging about that, playing prems is frustating, and with gold spam needed not profitable, to make credits i prefer maus than lowe or other prems, ( standard acc), at least i dont get *Edited every battle, and as said with gold spam to pen t10 or t9 the income is similar

Edited by Nohe21, 09 July 2017 - 10:59 AM.

Slyspy #58 Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14205 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 07 July 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

The next thing is realising that you both can't control who your team or the enemy team are and they also have the largest say in the outcome of the battle. That, for me, lead to an attitude that the fun in the game is not based on winning but instead making a personal contribution and having a 'good game'.

Yes, this is a good attitude IMO. Sure it can be tricky to maintain when you see your team throw away yet another advantage but it is a sensible approach.

HUN_Sector #59 Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 25598 battles

Today with strv premium med - tier 6 - only(!) saw tier 8 battles, which means 7-8 games in a row. Than I had enough and quit.

*Edited

You totally ruined the game. I never ever pay you anything and really thinking about quitting from this *Edited.

Edited by Nohe21, 09 July 2017 - 11:09 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to insults.

jabster #60 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12598 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSlyspy, on 07 July 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Yes, this is a good attitude IMO. Sure it can be tricky to maintain when you see your team throw away yet another advantage but it is a sensible approach.

Well my LTTB is trying in my laid back attitude to the game. With the new MM I had a run with a lot of good wins. In the past few weeks my win-rate and performance has gone off a cliff.

Edited by jabster, 07 July 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Also tagged with MM

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

OreH75, MattFRI