Jump to content


new maps


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

will78 #1 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 60477 battles
  • 4
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011
I don't know if wargameing is seeing this but we need new maps because I'm completely bored with the ones we've have plz sort it out

Sfinski #2 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 31749 battles
  • 2,640
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
They've said that no new maps are going to come this year. Yeah. Sucks. Lets make them crappy corridors to HD! Wicked smaht.

will78 #3 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 60477 battles
  • 4
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011
sad days its like a revolving door of a game right now

IncandescentGerbil #4 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35679 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015

I've often wondered why the set maps can't include multiple minor variations. Not all over, just in five or six key squares. Raise the height of a mound here; lower it there. Add water in one spot, remove it elsewhere. And so on. That way it wouldn't matter as much if the terrain mostly looked the same, as each game would require a different strategy. It might result in some maps being unbalanced, but many of the maps are unbalanced anyway. And if it were only a few map squares being affected at each loadin, then surely the memory / download requirements wouldn't be much altered. 

Might also give scouts something to do, as well, as they scope out available lines of sight etc.

I guess there are technical reasons why it couldn't be implemented.  



will78 #5 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 60477 battles
  • 4
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C
  • Member since:
    08-08-2011
god knows but ill take anything right now map wise

signal11th #6 Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37199 battles
  • 5,721
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

ohh maybe too soon for that joke I was going to write...



Isharial #7 Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19841 battles
  • 2,352
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View Postwill78, on 05 July 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

I don't know if wargameing is seeing this but we need new maps because I'm completely bored with the ones we've have plz sort it out

 

you played 52k games.. at 5 minutes average a game, which would equate to around 4.3k hours, or 180 days of consistent playing.. its only right that you would be bored by that point really

 

they should work on some new maps, but in reality, would WG really be inclined to do such considering the hate they've had on the latest new maps to be added?


 

an artist who's works are not liked or wanted, will not stay an artist for very long



Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,865
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostIsharial, on 05 July 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

 

you played 52k games.. at 5 minutes average a game, which would equate to around 4.3k hours, or 180 days of consistent playing.. its only right that you would be bored by that point really

 

they should work on some new maps, but in reality, would WG really be inclined to do such considering the hate they've had on the latest new maps to be added?


 

an artist who's works are not liked or wanted, will not stay an artist for very long

There are things like research and improvenent. 

Problem with WG is they do something and players gate it so they drop the project instead if investigating why they hate it and doing what is written in the forum. But no they do the same crap again in another part of the game. They either never learn from their mistakes or are really just stupid. Any other company would have already gone bankrupt. What allows them to do this again and again is the fact that there is no direct competition that could draw unhappy customers away. 



SABAOTH #9 Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 36793 battles
  • 2,914
  • [-133-] -133-
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 05 July 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

I've often wondered why the set maps can't include multiple minor variations.

 

We have that:

 

  • Himmeldrf - WInter Himmeldorf
  • Prokhorovka - Fiery Salient
  • Ruinberg - Winter Ruinberg
  • Malinovka - Kampinovka

 

I am at risk to start missing Komarin... :hiding:

 



Browarszky #10 Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16096 battles
  • 3,737
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
Where have all the great maps gone...

IncandescentGerbil #11 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35679 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015

View PostSABAOTH, on 05 July 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

 

We have that:

 

  • Himmeldrf - WInter Himmeldorf
  • Prokhorovka - Fiery Salient
  • Ruinberg - Winter Ruinberg
  • Malinovka - Kampinovka

 

I am at risk to start missing Komarin... :hiding:

 

 

​Nyeeessssss, but they are still the same, really. But just imagine how differently certain maps would play, if just one or two squares were changed. There are vast spaces on most maps I never visit, at the moment, because the "design" funnels you a certain way (which is another story, I know). 

Vasilek #12 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 47692 battles
  • 158
  • Member since:
    02-26-2011

Bring all the old maps back , they may not be balanced but nothings balanced at present.

Just throw them all in the mixing pot , might help with map rotation , whats to lose  ?(all sanity in this game was lost years ago :amazed:

 

 


Edited by Vasilek, 05 July 2017 - 04:18 PM.


Browarszky #13 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16096 battles
  • 3,737
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 05 July 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

 

​Nyeeessssss, but they are still the same, really. But just imagine how differently certain maps would play, if just one or two squares were changed. There are vast spaces on most maps I never visit, at the moment, because the "design" funnels you a certain way (which is another story, I know). 

 

It's always a bad idea to go where the enemy expects you. Of course, if the enemy knows you know this, they will know to expect you where you think they won't be expecting you.. help! This is getting too complicated! :confused:

Ulicum #14 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 39597 battles
  • 1,961
  • [3VS27] 3VS27
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

We do not need new maps, 95% of players have not yet learned to play the old ones....

 

 



Isharial #15 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19841 battles
  • 2,352
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostUlicum, on 05 July 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

We do not need new maps, 95% of players have not yet learned to play the old ones....

 

 

 

^^

but they'll never learn it.. better to adapt to those that can, than cater for those that cant


 

wait, that sensible thinking.... :facepalm:

 



Hammerhead20 #16 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25370 battles
  • 1,787
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011
They should bring back some old maps and re-work them so we could play them.

veso_vn #17 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 18910 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014
yes new but not 500x500 :) i want big maps :) open maps not corridors 

IncandescentGerbil #18 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35679 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015

View PostBrowarszky, on 05 July 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

 

It's always a bad idea to go where the enemy expects you. Of course, if the enemy knows you know this, they will know to expect you where you think they won't be expecting you.. help! This is getting too complicated! :confused:

 

​Indeed, sir. Thing is, visiting 95% of unexpected places will get you killed in about twenty seconds.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users