ISU-152. BL-10. 9.20

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

TIGERMARK3 #1 Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16476 battles
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR

Ok, so, I was casually browsing my Facebook newsfeed and saw a post from World of Tanks page advertising the new changes of Soviet tanks, with IS-7 as cover. Well, what a I nice thing, I thought to myself, finally some extra penetration and RoF for my beloved, but *Edited T10 heavy, especially considering the new Chineese T10 tank. No, nothing of that, but the changes were nice. Meh, I thought, then I scrolled down to a paragraph that can be translated as: "We are removing the(actual historical tested) BL-10 gun and replacing with a shittier version of it whit the main characteristic of it being that it has lower penetration. Oh, and to compensate for that, we fart 90HP on it."

Ok, THIS WAS IT. I took your Speedy Gonzales high-alpha sniper(Scorpion), I took the freaking Frontal OP Premiums with almost no weakspots at the front(Patriot, Liberte, Defender, Chrysler), I took the buffs to other premium tanks that made their fronts op as well(Lowe), I took the buffs to other premium tanks because they were not that great before(M4 ReveIdon'tcare), I took the OP frontal armour of Jap heavies, I took the overly buffed Maus, the insanely buffed Type 5 Heavy(ps removing 10mm of armour at tier 10 its not a nerf) with it's gold HE spammer cannon. OK?! I took all that because I liked this game. But that is too much. Why the hell are you nerfing it? Is it because the combination of high alpha and penetration is the only one that can actually dig out your Pay to Win vehicles(And yes, this is the first time I called them like that) Is that it? How the hell is that tank not balanced? You can shoot the side of a freaking FV 4002(The T10 BOOMstick Barn with crap armour) and do nothing because the shot lands in the tracks without damage. You can fire a second time and miss the target by a mile. Should we also talk about the stupid armour, which, beside the mountlet, is paper. Or how poorly the tank traverses, making it a piece of cake to flank and destroy?  Who the hell plays that line just for the OBJ 268? NOBODY. You have the Strv 103B with awesome accuracy and Pen. The Grille, the alpha sniper, The Jg PzE100 with it's massive alpha, the HESH spammer boomsticks british TDs. Nobody plays that line just for the OBJ 268. ISU-152 with it's BL-10 is a legend. A symbol of that line. THAT'S IT. Calling for everyone who has a sweetspot for the ISU or who was entertained by the many replays of that TD failing misserably or turning into an awesome beast because of RNG. WE NEED TO SAVE THE BL-10

Edited by Nohe21, 12 July 2017 - 08:08 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

AvalancheZ257 #2 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:00 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3910 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

View PostTIGERMARK3, on 05 July 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

Ok, so, I was casually browsing my Facebook newsfeed and saw a post from World of Tanks page advertising the new changes of Soviet tanks, with IS-7 as cover. Well, what a I nice thing, I thought to myself, finally some extra penetration and RoF for my beloved, but *Edited T10 heavy, especially considering the new Chineese T10 tank. No, nothing of that, but the changes were nice. Meh, I thought, then I scrolled down to a paragraph that can be translated as: "We are removing the(actual historical tested) BL-10 gun and replacing with a shittier version of it whit the main characteristic of it being that it has lower penetration. Oh, and to compensate for that, we fart 90HP on it."

Ok, THIS WAS IT. I took your Speedy Gonzales high-alpha sniper(Scorpion), I took the freaking Frontal OP Premiums with almost no weakspots at the front(Patriot, Liberte, Defender, Chrysler), I took the buffs to other premium tanks that made their fronts op as well(Lowe), I took the buffs to other premium tanks because they were not that great before(M4 ReveIdon'tcare), I took the OP frontal armour of Jap heavies, I took the overly buffed Maus, the insanely buffed Type 5 Heavy(ps removing 10mm of armour at tier 10 its not a nerf) with it's gold HE spammer cannon. OK?! I took all that because I liked this game. But that is too much. Why the hell are you nerfing it? Is it because the combination of high alpha and penetration is the only one that can actually dig out your Pay to Win vehicles(And yes, this is the first time I called them like that) Is that it? How the hell is that tank not balanced? You can shoot the side of a freaking FV 4002(The T10 BOOMstick Barn with crap armour) and do nothing because the shot lands in the tracks without damage. You can fire a second time and miss the target by a mile. Should we also talk about the stupid armour, which, beside the mountlet, is paper. Or how poorly the tank traverses, making it a piece of cake to flank and destroy?  Who the hell plays that line just for the OBJ 268? NOBODY. You have the Strv 103B with awesome accuracy and Pen. The Grille, the alpha sniper, The Jg PzE100 with it's massive alpha, the HESH spammer boomsticks british TDs. Nobody plays that line just for the OBJ 268. ISU-152 with it's BL-10 is a legend. A symbol of that line. THAT'S IT. Calling for everyone who has a sweetspot for the ISU or who was entertained by the many replays of that TD failing misserably or turning into an awesome beast because of RNG. WE NEED TO SAVE THE BL-10

260mm penetration isn't terrible for a Tier VIII TD, although you'll struggle against Tier X's now. 

However, the Obj. 268 has been buffed, so maybe thats why? You said it yourself, no one plays the line for the Obj. 268, but by buffing the Tier X and nerfing the Tier VIII where everyone stops, they can get more people to grind the Obj. 268, which plays very nicely into WG's hands as grinding to a Tier X tank gets more people to open their wallets than grinding to a Tier VIII tank. 

Aikl #3 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Isn't the 260mm APCR pen? Most pro ISU players use APCR on BL-10 anyway, because of shell speed.

Nah, it was a joke. But the tears of ISU drivers... why not. ^_^

Edited by Aikl, 05 July 2017 - 04:13 PM.

TIGERMARK3 #4 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16476 battles
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR

View PostAvalancheZ257, on 05 July 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

260mm penetration isn't terrible for a Tier VIII TD, although you'll struggle against Tier X's now. 

However, the Obj. 268 has been buffed, so maybe thats why? You said it yourself, no one plays the line for the Obj. 268, but by buffing the Tier X and nerfing the Tier VIII where everyone stops, they can get more people to grind the Obj. 268, which plays very nicely into WG's hands as grinding to a Tier X tank gets more people to open their wallets than grinding to a Tier VIII tank. 

If 260mm isn't terrible for a Tier VIII, then why do Swedish TDs have more pen than any other Tier 8 TD in the game, ISU included? And It cannot be about the alpha. T28 and T28 prot have the same alpha as far as I can remember.  Also, I believe ISU has the worst handling amongst all TDs in that tier, with the exception of the derp 155mm on RHM. And I do not think I mentioned in the post above, how terrible ISU Moves. It is relatively fast(aka not slow) in straight line. But if it has to turn, nope. Not gonna do
Also, what I was saying with OBJ 268 was: you cannot make that thing work. Believe me, I tried OBJ multiple times thinking of wether shoudl I get it or not. And it has nothing to do with stats, but the concept itself. It is a tank with many weakspots despite the piked shape(Which also turns into a weakspot if a smartass shoots from the flanks. The gun arc on that thing is just HORRIBLE. As far as I remember, if you want to turn like 10 degrees, you have to turn the whole tank. And even with all the buffs they can give to it, it would not compare with what other tanks at that tier. It will never have the armour and the boomstick of the JGpZ or FV215b 183. Or the gunhandling, speed and DPM of Grille or STRV, which also get a wide gun arc and siege mode that allows you to keep things like binos and cammo net active

And finally, no. Giving a little buff to an unwated T10, but nerfing the ones below it, does not make it the golden apple that encourages people to pass the lower tiers to it. It makes it a disappointing reward after a long and horrible journey.

View PostAikl, on 05 July 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

Isn't the 260mm APCR pen? Most pro ISU players use APCR on BL-10 anyway, because of shell speed.

Nah, it was a joke. But the tears of ISU drivers... why not. ^_^

Dude. What? Only scrubs use the APCR on BL-10. APCR on BL-10 has over 300 penetration. Also, with the gun handling, I do not belive it is worth using premium ammo

Press2ForSkill #5 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1 battle
ISU is driven by terrible players anyways *looks at myself*, 260 pen is still really good.. it will only struggle against tier 10s maybe and uhm, thats how it is supposed to be, standard tier 8 ammo shouldnt pen tier 10 heavies, so considering 260 pen is sooooo bad, i bet the Skorpion is a disgrace with 246 pen?

1ncompetenc3 #6 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles
How terrible. Let's all pretend 260mm at tier VIII is bad, because we've decided that rather than taking medication we prefer to have fun by ramming our heads into the wall.

Tidal_Force #7 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
ISU is getting nerfed. How terrible.

Junglist_ #8 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36023 battles
IMO 260mm pen is fine for tier 8 TD

AvengerOrion #9 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25351 battles

No more 286 standard pen on a tier 8 TD?

ZOMG, it's ze end of teh world (of tenks)!

Yeah....

NO!

Edited by AvengerOrion, 05 July 2017 - 05:32 PM.

TIGERMARK3 #10 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16476 battles
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR

View PostPress2ForSkill, on 05 July 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

ISU is driven by terrible players anyways *looks at myself*, 260 pen is still really good.. it will only struggle against tier 10s maybe and uhm, thats how it is supposed to be, standard tier 8 ammo shouldnt pen tier 10 heavies, so considering 260 pen is sooooo bad, i bet the Skorpion is a disgrace with 246 pen?

I think I said it above. It is not only about pen. It is the whole thing that matters. When you speak about skorpion you also speak about that speed, traversible turret and accuracy.(And for comparisons sake also more HP than ISU with or without that 90HP fart)

What do you speak about when you talk about ISU? 286 mm of pen and 750 alpha damage.  That is it. Apart from an average speed, it has noting else. Gun arc is nothing special. Hull traverse is terrible.

There is a reason you see many teams playing Skorpions in Team Battles and being succesfful and few playing ISU and doing something. I know because I try getting the ISU involved in there from time to time. But it does not always work. Many times the shells bounce or miss because RNGesus deceides so.
You see that is the difference between Skorpions 246 pen and ISU 286. Skorpion has less because it has the speed to get into a position where it can use it and the accuracy to take advantage of that position. Add the gun depression and the turret to the number of positions it can take. ISU needs the 286 because once it gets into a position it needs the penetration and alpha to make any hits count. Apart from that, there is nothing to it. You can hide, but you cannot run, as the saying goes. you cannot manouver because it turns like a brick.

Also, if people say you do not need 286mm pen at tier 8 and that tier 8 tanks should not pen tier 10s, then why do swedish TDs have even higher penetration thant hat?

To sum up for you: Skorpion G: Reliable sniper and flanker. Fast to relocate

ISU: TrollCanon. Get into a position and start trolling. You succeed, move to another position and repeat. You do not, that's it.

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 05 July 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

How terrible. Let's all pretend 260mm at tier VIII is bad, because we've decided that rather than taking medication we prefer to have fun by ramming our heads into the wall.

What's the anallogy with the medication?

kripton69 #11 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1208 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Wow, who'd have guessed? Let's see. A 48.5% player who has 378 battles on ISU-152 with the most damage done of all his tier 8 tanks and 0.26 enemies spotted per game who wants ISU-152 to remain untouched.

Sorry to put it bluntly and to bring up the stats but it's exactly players like you who make ISU-152 so broken. You play the tank solely because it has 750 alpha and 286 penetration at tier 8 and it takes zero skill. Then you proceed to hardcamp the same useless areas game after game, doing nothing for your team and being hindrance to your enemies, teammates and the gameplay alike. This all just because you want to remove all the skill and interaction from the game and dumb it down to the maximum. I wish they'd nerfed the alpha to like 550 instead. But hey, 260 penetration is so bad at tier 8 right? The ISU players might need to learn the weak spots of a few tier 10 tanks, and that's not what an ISU driver should ever have to do!

Edited by kripton69, 05 July 2017 - 05:47 PM.

FluffyRedFox #12 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 22627 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

A riot over 22 less pen.

There may be a slight overreaction here

1ncompetenc3 #13 Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View PostTIGERMARK3, on 05 July 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

What's the anallogy with the medication?

Medication that would allow us to think calmly, clearly and rationally rather than go full Exceptional Individual over a minor penetration nerf.

Neyaru #14 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7891 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
This stupid TD still has 750 alpha damage and can one shot most tier 6 tanks. The best gun it should use is the 122mm BL-9S, not a tier X gun. 

Edited by Neyaru, 05 July 2017 - 06:11 PM.

Sons_Of_Horus #15 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 42631 battles
  • [H0RUS] H0RUS
Nerf all derps into oblivion. All of them.

Poerhis #16 Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16960 battles
  • [SIKA] SIKA
Bawwww bawww. The ISU is and will be fine.

Enforcer1975 #17 Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20725 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
T30 needs a buff. It only has 16mm more pen but 3.4s loner reload one tier higher.

Balc0ra #18 Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64467 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTIGERMARK3, on 05 July 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

If 260mm isn't terrible for a Tier VIII, then why do Swedish TDs have more pen than any other Tier 8 TD in the game, ISU included?

Because the UDES don't have a 152mm AP gun that will overmatch 3/4 of the targets it hits as top tier. 260mm is still plenty. And still makes it the 4th highest out of ANY tier 8 TD, vs the 3th highest now. If you can't work with that pen and that alpha, then a majority of the guns on tier 8 won't work for you either I suspect. It will still *Edited anything as top tier that it aims at. Even with less pen.

Personally I thought that pen with that alpha was always a bit to much.

Edited by Nohe21, 12 July 2017 - 08:17 AM.
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

AvalancheZ257 #19 Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3910 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

View PostTIGERMARK3, on 05 July 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

If 260mm isn't terrible for a Tier VIII, then why do Swedish TDs have more pen than any other Tier 8 TD in the game, ISU included? And It cannot be about the alpha. T28 and T28 prot have the same alpha as far as I can remember.  Also, I believe ISU has the worst handling amongst all TDs in that tier, with the exception of the derp 155mm on RHM. And I do not think I mentioned in the post above, how terrible ISU Moves. It is relatively fast(aka not slow) in straight line. But if it has to turn, nope. Not gonna do
Also, what I was saying with OBJ 268 was: you cannot make that thing work. Believe me, I tried OBJ multiple times thinking of wether shoudl I get it or not. And it has nothing to do with stats, but the concept itself. It is a tank with many weakspots despite the piked shape(Which also turns into a weakspot if a smartass shoots from the flanks. The gun arc on that thing is just HORRIBLE. As far as I remember, if you want to turn like 10 degrees, you have to turn the whole tank. And even with all the buffs they can give to it, it would not compare with what other tanks at that tier. It will never have the armour and the boomstick of the JGpZ or FV215b 183. Or the gunhandling, speed and DPM of Grille or STRV, which also get a wide gun arc and siege mode that allows you to keep things like binos and cammo net active

And finally, no. Giving a little buff to an unwated T10, but nerfing the ones below it, does not make it the golden apple that encourages people to pass the lower tiers to it. It makes it a disappointing reward after a long and horrible journey.

I agree, Swedish TD's are ridiculous but they have to change between mobility and siege mode, which in itself is a difficult mechanic to work around. Plus, they don't have 750 alpha derps.

The gun arc on the Obj. 268 has now been doubled. That will make using the troll frontal armour much easier. As for the tank itself... well you grinded the line for the ISU, not the 268. You have an ISU. So you got what you wanted. You said you didn't want the 268 in the first place. I take it that has not yet changed? 

leggasiini #20 Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12463 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostNeyaru, on 05 July 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

This stupid TD still has 750 alpha damage and can one shot most tier 6 tanks. The best gun it should use is the 122mm BL-9S, not a tier X gun. 

That would make the tank completely useless, though. Also the tier of gun, again, is irrelevant, many tier 8 TDs also has tier X gun.

-----------------

I dont know why they replaced the BL-10 altogheter when they would have just nerfed the pen to 250-260, which is actually historical pen for BL-10.

Alternatively, they could downtier every tank in the line (remove HEAT from su-152 and 122mm guns, and it would work as tier 6, KV-2 has more or less same gun but has turret, ISU-152 would be basically SU-152, 704 would work as tier 8 with other gun than BL-10 (such as 130mm gun or something), 268 would work as tier 9 mostly with slight pen nerfs), and finally add 268 V5 as tier 10 (and buff it a bit from current state). Then if necessary, add BL-10 ISU-152 as tier 8 premium, designated as "ISU-152-2"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users