• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

HaxRam #1 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3242 battles
  • [TTFE] TTFE

Hi,

I really dislike the US voice lines and want to change everything to the British ones, is that possible? 

I know that I can change the voices to be from their respective nation.

1ncompetenc3 #2 Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36911 battles
The vanilla client doesn't offer that option so you'd have to look for a crew voice mod that replaces everything with the British lines.

NoPoet406 #3 Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2441 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

I'm using XVM and if you go into the Sound options, you can set the tank crews to speak in their native language (I can't remember what the two options are - they are rather obtusely named). This can be a problem if you drive a Japanese tank and your name isn't Oroku Saki. I've set my crew to speak in British accents and it is borderline impossible to understand what they're saying -- the volume and speech clarity are significantly worse than the default American voices. Better get used to being disrespected by the game if you play as a Brit. :(

Unlike mods for most games (Skyrim and Oblivion to name the worst offenders), XVM is extremely easy to set up and won't make you want to break down and weep. Google Quickybaby XVM.

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21517 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostNoPoet406, on 05 July 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

I'm using XVM and if you go into the Sound options, you can set the tank crews to speak in their native language (I can't remember what the two options are - they are rather obtusely named). This can be a problem if you drive a Japanese tank and your name isn't Oroku Saki. I've set my crew to speak in British accents and it is borderline impossible to understand what they're saying -- the volume and speech clarity are significantly worse than the default American voices. Better get used to being disrespected by the game if you play as a Brit. :(

Unlike mods for most games (Skyrim and Oblivion to name the worst offenders), XVM is extremely easy to set up and won't make you want to break down and weep. Google Quickybaby XVM.

You don't need XVM for this.

The vanilla game offers you the option of chaging voices to those of the nationality of the tank you're using.

However...I think you have more than crew voices to worry about...

Oh nd the voices for the brits on the game are just fine. Lord knows wtf game you think you're playing, but it isn't this one...

Edited by RamRaid90, 06 July 2017 - 12:28 AM.

HaxRam #5 Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3242 battles
  • [TTFE] TTFE
T

View PostNoPoet406, on 05 July 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

I'm trying to have the British voice on all tanks, not only on the British ones..

I don't see any options for that in the XVM pack.

Browarszky #6 Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

There are couple of older threads here, the more technically minded might be able to tell you if these are still working solutions:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/585323-british-crew-voices-only/

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/381695-097-easy-crew-voice-selector/#topmost

captainpigg #7 Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31323 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
You definitely want to try the modding section for this.

NoPoet406 #8 Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2441 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

View PostRamRaid90, on 06 July 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

Oh nd the voices for the brits on the game are just fine. Lord knows wtf game you think you're playing, but it isn't this one...

Funny, I thought I was playing the exact same game as everyone else. The voices seem to have too much radio distortion applied. "ZZP AZZ AT EM LADZZZZ"

However I have had some issues with sound drivers. Although these issues don't seem to affect the crisp and clear USA voice, which is incidentally louder than the British voice.

AvalancheZ257 #9 Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3926 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

View PostHaxRam, on 05 July 2017 - 11:18 PM, said:

Hi,

I really dislike the US voice lines and want to change everything to the British ones, is that possible? 

I know that I can change the voices to be from their respective nation.

Sorry, but only on British tanks. You can set crew voices to "Commander" which basically means whatever nationality your commander is, is what language he will speak (Russian for Russians, Chinese for Chinese, British accent for British and American accent for American etc.)

The default English option is the American one. You can only hear the British crew voices when playing in British tanks and the crew voices set to "Commander". Note that female commanders have their own crew voices now, and are IMO much worse in quality. 

You can get around this via a few mods. Try Aslains. 

Browarszky #10 Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostAvalancheZ257, on 07 July 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Sorry, but only on British tanks. You can set crew voices to "Commander" which basically means whatever nationality your commander is, is what language he will speak (Russian for Russians, Chinese for Chinese, British accent for British and American accent for American etc.)

The default English option is the American one. You can only hear the British crew voices when playing in British tanks and the crew voices set to "Commander". Note that female commanders have their own crew voices now, and are IMO much worse in quality. 

You can get around this via a few mods. Try Aslains. 

Weren't they supposed to fix the female crew voices?

rsanders5 #11 Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26194 battles

View PostNoPoet406, on 07 July 2017 - 08:25 PM, said:

Although these issues don't seem to affect the crisp and clear USA voice, which is incidentally louder than the British voice.

That seems normal :)

Hedgehog1963 #12 Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51286 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

I use Aslain's modpack and use "Julie Voice Pack." I don't like foreign languages when I play and I find the whiny default Yank voice really annoying with the false emphasis on the wrong syllables. Using Julie has the advantage that I can have a live streamer running on my second monitor without being confused by game announcements from the streamer's client. 

There are other voice modpacks but I don't recall there being a mod to give just the British voice.  You might find one you like there though.

TrelomamiasThess #13 Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21114 battles
I'd like to change the Japanese crew voices to German, but I can't find any working mods. Any help?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users