Some please explain to me this/ or arty assist is bugged.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

RaxipIx #1 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27360 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Long story short, i am trying to do the SPG -15 for the T 55a.

Where  i need 2.5k assist and be top xp.

So i get kharkow tier X  battle.

There is  one arty per side, with my first shot i hit a patriot(clear shots it can be seen on the replay) It's like 1 min in the replay.

He then fades, then a Skoda T50 spots him 1-2 seconds later, and while the stun indicator is cleary on him he gets clipped and i get no assist damage.

http://wotreplays.co...f345649a8e601bb

I re checked this   to make sure  i saw it right last night while being tired, but it turned out i did remember correctly and it's clear as day in the replay.

It takes only 1 minute because the incident happens like 1.30 mins in the battle

There i uploaded it on wotreplays.

Edited by RaxipIx, 06 July 2017 - 10:04 AM.

spuff #2 Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12052 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I've found that I've not been getting the stun assist that I've thought I would too. Hit a tank, stun it, it gets shot by my team while still stunned yet no assistance damage. Very confusing!

ricoBenitez1 #3 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 506 battles

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 July 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Use wotreplay instead not many will download replays  from other file hosting sites.

PointZero #4 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41647 battles
You will have more luck with people watching the replay once you upload it to wotreplays.eu

Mimos_A #5 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21368 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 July 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Long story short, i am trying to do the SPG -15 for the T 55a.

Where  i need 2.5k assist and be top xp.

So i get kharkow tier X  battle.

There is  one arty per side, with my first shot i hit a patriot(clear shots it can be seen on the replay) It's like 1 min in the replay.

He then fades, then a Skoda T50 spots him 1-2 seconds later, and while the stun indicator is cleary on him he gets clipped and i get no assist damage.

https://ufile.io/8d6bi

I re checked this   to make sure  i saw it right last night while being tired, but it turned out i did remember correctly and it's clear as day in the replay.

It takes only 1 minute because the incident happens like 1.30 mins in the battle

I'm not going to download a replay from an unknown website.

But anyway, did you get the "stun-damage" thingy in your damage counter? Damage done while the enemy is stunned doesn't give you assist damage, but it does give you stun-damage.

RaxipIx #6 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27360 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I uploaded it on wotreplays, that's the thing, i hit him did 100 damage. That appears on the counters.

He then fades, then a skoda peeks the corner and Clips him while the stun indicator is over the tank, WHILE i get no assist for it.

Also keep in mind i am the only arty on our team, so it's not possible another arty shooting it while he was faded.

Edited by RaxipIx, 06 July 2017 - 10:08 AM.

AC130Pilot #7 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14702 battles
There's also an occasional problem with the ground marker (the one where you have to press "T" (by default)) not disappearing if an allied SPG has placed it. Just remains at some spot permanently till the end of the battle, and I don't know if allied SPG has marked something anywhere else on the map because of that. The cause is unclear, but it might be related to server-client synchronization failure...

Headless_Rooster #8 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9067 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

Don't know why everyone has zero score on the endplate?

What mite be happening is the damage doesn't register on the ingame counter when the target is unspotted, hard to tell without seeing the endplates, check the score on the in game counter and on the endplate and compare, if it's the unspotted thing (like when you blind shoot a target you don't see the damage in game but it does add to the score on the endplate) the score will be different. I realise he was spotted when he got hit by the T50 but he went unspotted between getting stunned and hit by the T50 so it could be something to do with that.

PointZero #9 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41647 battles

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 06 July 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Don't know why everyone has zero score on the endplate?

Happens when people upload replays where they quit the battle before it has ended.

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

The ingame counter has trouble counting dmg/assist when the target goes unspotted. You'll mostly notice this when you are blindfiring a player you know is tracked and you won't get any dmg added up to the counter, however on the end battle screen you might get 3k dmg when the ingame counter only showed you've done 2,4k.

What I suspect happened is that since the Patriot went unspotted after you had stunned him and took the dmg while getting spotted again (still stunned) the ingame counter got confused and didn't show it as your stun assist dmg. This assist dmg propably showed in the after battle report but we won't know that for sure since quitting the battle early doesn't show us any of the endgame results.

RaxipIx #10 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27360 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I don't know why the endplate shows 0 dmg. But  i remember  clearly the replay cause our Grille flipped and the PNZ kpf 7 did almost 6 k damage.

After the battle i checked and the damage the patriot  got after being stunned, and while the stun indicator was above him did not register.

I ended the game with like 1 k damage and like 400 assist or something, clearly not enough when you see that the Skoda  clipped him. It should have shown something around 1k + and the end but it did not.

So to me this is clear as they dad something does not work right and it's bugged, either he used a med kit and was not stunned, although the counter was above him. Or the assist while stun did not register for some reason.

To be honest i can't make heads and tales of it.

I'm 100% certain the counter for assist was somewhere around 400, so it could not register..i'll wait until the battle ends and see if i can check the end plate template that way since on wotlabs it shows 0 to everyone.

LE: Just to make it clear, after the battle was over i saw we lost as expected since the Grille was flipped, and clicked on battle details to check, to see how people performed and to check the assist, and the damage on the patriot was not registered on the end. I did not know of this stupid replay bug that it will not show the details and didn't bother  taking a screenshot.

I also brought this forward because i noticed this happening on rare occasions and started  keeping an eye open for it when it happens, since i'v been doing arty Missions. I don't have time to search  through all the replays now but maybe i will find one where the replay is not bugged.

Edited by RaxipIx, 06 July 2017 - 11:06 AM.

PointZero #11 Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41647 battles

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 July 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

I don't know why the endplate shows 0 dmg.

You quit the battle when it was sure you lost, you didn't stick around for the helpless grille to get killed thus ending the battle early. When you quit the battle before it has ended replay sites won't be able to display team results, individual player results or even who won the battle as you can see on your replay Result: ?

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 July 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

I'm 100% certain the counter for assist was somewhere around 400, so it could not register..i'll wait until the battle ends and see if i can check the end plate template that way since on wotlabs it shows 0 to everyone.

You also won't be able to view the battle result screen on replays and only get assist damage on arty if you detracked the target while it was getting shot. I'm guessing you didn't check the stun assist part of the battle result screen. To further illustrate my point here's a random M04/M43 replay http://wotreplays.eu...e/3677269#stats , as you notice the guy did 877 assist but if you look at the number above his stuns you'll notice that in addition he did 660 stun assist. Also if you hower your mouse over the individual stuns you can see that 184 was to the Tiger 131 and 476 to the Udes 03. Stun dmg can also be checked in the "Damage to Enemy Vehicles Stunned by You" section on the Detailed Report.

Edited by PointZero, 06 July 2017 - 11:29 AM.

RaxipIx #12 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27360 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

This is what i am trying to explaing. I did check after battle the assist.

So i hit the patriot. He then gets clipped by the Skoda. Nothing shows on while in game so i was like uh, maybe in the end plate tablets.

So i left the game since it was lost.

I had 1 k damage. And 400 track assist damage, and 0 stun assist damage in game before i left.

When the game was over and i checked the battle details 1 k damage 400 track and 0 stun assist, i deliberately checked for STUN ASSIST damage and it was still 0, if i had know that the replay will not show the end plate tablets i would have not left and stayed till the end.

Or would have made a screen with the end plate tablets clearly showing that the skoda 1k damage dealt to the patriot did not register even when game was over in the end plates.

Spurtung #13 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60137 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Something that I have noticed is that if the enemy gets tracked, first I get assisted damage from that, and only after the tracks get repaired I start getting assisted damage from the stun. It could be that case, as the mission (I think) is about stun and not overall assisted damage.

You also need to finish first in xp anyway. Did you?

Edited by Spurtung, 06 July 2017 - 04:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users