New maps! Not new broken premium tanks please?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

axelking227 #1 Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15918 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
So I see everyone is moaning.about the game atm and so am I just under my breath whilst playing but I am seriously getting bored of the same shitty maps like why the heck is maps like malinovka ' highway still in the game when good maps like dragon ridge and pearl river get remove I think it's time for wg bring new maps in or bring the old ones back do a Little work to then if there not great but there is so many trashy maps in game atm that noone really has fun battling.on them 

Kozzy #2 Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postaxelking227, on 06 July 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

So I see everyone is moaning.about the game atm and so am I just under my breath whilst playing but I am seriously getting bored of the same shitty maps like why the heck is maps like malinovka ' highway still in the game when good maps like dragon ridge and pearl river get remove I think it's time for wg bring new maps in or bring the old ones back do a Little work to then if there not great but there is so many trashy maps in game atm that noone really has fun battling.on them 

How would you know how good those maps were? Member since 02-01-2016 Dragon ridge was probably the worst map in WoT's history.  Pearl River was great though.  

New maps don't make WG new money.  Maybe if you said something like "Please WG, add some premium maps" then they would listen ;)

axelking227 #3 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15918 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
Well actually I played 20k battles on tanks xbox before I.came to.pc and that's where I played those maps and YeAh dragon ridge wasn't great but it was very different many locations to go in any class now every map has 1heavy valley 1 rd snipe location 1 med location and.not really anywhere other than a Bush with dandruff dotted around for light tanks no variety to the game and I think this is why we have had a massive drop in players 

HeidenSieker #4 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles
I suspect the effort to make new maps is significant. I also think we will see some new ones soon.

1ncompetenc3 #5 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View Postaxelking227, on 06 July 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Well actually I played 20k battles on tanks xbox before I.came to.pc and that's where I played those maps and YeAh dragon ridge wasn't great but it was very different many locations to go in any class now every map has 1heavy valley 1 rd snipe location 1 med location and.not really anywhere other than a Bush with dandruff dotted around for light tanks no variety to the game and I think this is why we have had a massive drop in players 

WoT on xbox and WoT on pc are not the same thing. I'd much rather see them address actual issues than crap out another corridor map (as the removed maps are not coming back and they only know how to make one type of new map).

axelking227 #6 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15918 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
Well they clearly have put a lot of time and effort giving tomatos amazing tanks for a bit of cash out of daddys pocket (Defender) (T26E5) (m4 49l) there as all Cleary way better tanks.that there predecessors and no one can argue that and if you do your a moron and will.be ignored I think they should bring.in 5 new maps over the next 6 months for making us play highway too many times 

Rati_Festa #7 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42823 battles
I agree we need new maps or just bring back the old ones as a short term fix. The game isn't balanced anyway so introducing perceived old broken maps back into the game wouldn't affect game balance as it is in my opinion.

axelking227 #8 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15918 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
We might aswell have a bit of variety to our scrappy balancing issues right ? It's like putting a pretty pink bow on top of some crap 

Kozzy #9 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postaxelking227, on 06 July 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

Well actually I played 20k battles on tanks xbox before I.came to.pc and that's where I played those maps and YeAh dragon ridge wasn't great but it was very different many locations to go in any class now every map has 1heavy valley 1 rd snipe location 1 med location and.not really anywhere other than a Bush with dandruff dotted around for light tanks no variety to the game and ...

I agree Dragon ridge was different but this doesn't make it good.  So little of the map was important, you would often find lights and meds driving 'the long way round' and by the time they got to the fighting it was already over.  Heavies/slower tanks only had one real place to go.  Most fighting of importance happened in a very small area.

View Postaxelking227, on 06 July 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

... I think this is why we have had a massive drop in players 

From how many players to how many players?  How many has it dropped by?  Do you have any figures available?  

Aikl #10 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

It will probably happen after they're done fixing and polishing HD rocks on the existing maps. Judging from previous announced changes to the game engine, I reckon this wasn't planned to be delayed this much. Both the reworked maps and the engine likely has to be ready at the same time - great success! :great:

Jokes (?) aside, there are probably some in the pipeline.

Hopefully some more diverse ones. We don't need more maps in Paris-Pilsen style. Heavy brawling area+open, yet enclosed mid lane+open "TD and LT/MT-friendly area" (that's really just a giant, useless camp-fest that ultimately decides nothing 90% of the time).

Balc0ra #11 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well actually I played 20k battles on tanks xbox before I.came to.pc and that's where I played those maps and YeAh dragon ridge wasn't great but it was very different many locations to go in any class

And I was painfully reminded why they were removed in the first place when I get them on Xbox. As they are played equally stupid there as on PC. Maps are not bad, 99% just play them bad. Port is the only exception, as it was not removed due to player dispersion, but new game mechanics. And Xbox's reworked version actually works. And many different locations? Just like on PC, Xbox users still only go the 9 line on Dragon Ridge. Even when they had the old old version during beta. That's why it was removed on PC. As people only used 10% of the map.

View Postaxelking227, on 06 July 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

We might aswell have a bit of variety to our scrappy balancing issues right ? It's like putting a pretty pink bow on top of some crap 

WOT console has different spawns vs PC on most maps, like Erlenberg, that is east/west vs north/south. And they still have it like that, even tho west wins 80% of the matches by camping that castle alone. As they are arty safe, east is not. And most console maps have a bad win dispersion, inc most maps PC have removed. And yet you played 20K games there and want to talk about balancing? Console don't care about it. Why should PC?

To put it simplistic.. WOT PC won't get new maps for a long time still... for one simple reason. Just like WOT console is working on their 4K version for Xbox One X to add anything new atm. PC is working on a new HD version for all maps. And unlike the HD version of tanks that come in waves. HD maps will all come at the same time. Thus their map team is 100% working on those... not new maps. So until then. Don't expect to see anything new soon.

no variety to the game and I think this is why we have had a massive drop in players 

Do you read the console forums? No map balances, or changes done since the start to fix the win balances. Unspotted tanks have tracers, so blind fire is easy, thus camo is worthless etc. That's why they don't keep many of them around for long. As I find WOT on console to frustrating due to the different mechanics and brain dead map spawns... and having encounter on every single map. Mountain Pass encounter with the circle in the dry lake.. best idea ever. That's what made me not stick around with it.

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 July 2017 - 01:42 PM.

1ncompetenc3 #12 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View Postaxelking227, on 06 July 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Well they clearly have put a lot of time and effort giving tomatos amazing tanks for a bit of cash out of daddys pocket (Defender) (T26E5) (m4 49l) there as all Cleary way better tanks.that there predecessors and no one can argue that and if you do your a moron and will.be ignored I think they should bring.in 5 new maps over the next 6 months for making us play highway too many times 

Try writing that post again when you're done having a stroke.

Kozzy #13 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 06 July 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

Try writing that post again when you're done having a stroke.

He also has many premiums and yet complains about other people buying premiums?  How odd.

1ncompetenc3 #14 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View PostKozzy, on 06 July 2017 - 01:47 PM, said:

He also has many premiums and yet complains about other people buying premiums?  How odd.

I'm honestly not sure what he was trying to say there. Some kind of correlation between maps and premium tanks? :unsure:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users