No more money until.....

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

lordbeefy #1 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25922 battles

Ok...ive been a player for a good few years now.  Ive introduced more than a handful of friends to the game.  I have been a premium account purchaser almost continuously over that time and have a big collection of premium tanks.

I like this game.  Lately however i have been feeling let down as a paying customer.   I am fed up playing the same half dozen maps over and over again.   I am fed up with mm that puts you on a team which is insanely mismatched with games ending up a 15-3 result.  On the winning side its boring while on the losing side it is frustrating. 

There are more maps on the system....even bad maps would be an improvement on hardly any variety.  Dragon ridge, pearl river etc etc.

Now i see the scrambling for more cash with a summer advent equivalent.   I don't object to wg needing ro earn cash....im happy to pay a fair amount for a decent ptoduct....im not happy to be treated as a cashcow.

My overall message...make WOT great again.  Make me want to pay money for an excellent product again please. 

1ncompetenc3 #2 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles
If I had a penny for every person who said they would stop p(l)aying if WG didn't change their ways I'd be richer than WG.

lordbeefy #3 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25922 battles
Im not going to stop playing...never said  i would in fact....i am going to stop paying until its something worth paying for.

Kozzy #4 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postlordbeefy, on 06 July 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

Im not going to stop playing...never said i would in fact....i am going to stop paying until its something worth paying for.

You think this is some sort of effective protest for WG?  They NEED people to play (even Free2Play) so you are still supporting WG by being fodder for other players (be it Pay2Play or Free2Play).  The only way WG WILL take notice if a demonstrably large number of players stop playing altogether.

signal11th #5 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37053 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

MutantLeech #6 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16750 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postlordbeefy, on 06 July 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

Im not going to stop playing...never said i would in fact....i am going to stop paying until its something worth paying for.

Good idea! I'm waiting with you.

Kozzy #7 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postsignal11th, on 06 July 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

Jeez!  That's quite a posse, think I might join in!  At first glance I can see The Mighty Jingles, Gabe Newell, Chris Kamara, Ellen Degeneres and Weird Al Yankovic.  Are all these big names in support of the great WoT boycott?

1ncompetenc3 #8 Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

What do you think "p(l)aying" meant?

Jigabachi #9 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

i am going to stop paying until its something worth paying for.

And why should anyone care, especially WG?

You bought years of premaccount and lots of premtanks, some of which you barely played. That also includes the latest p2w tanks.

You already gave them enough money to allow them to completely stop caring about you.

And just try to see it from WG's perspective: "Look, another sheep who bought every crap we threw into the game, so he likes it and proved that we're doing everything right." 

Edited by Jigabachi, 06 July 2017 - 03:16 PM.

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Why play if you are fed up with the game? 

Strappster #11 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 23913 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postlordbeefy, on 06 July 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

... i am going to stop paying until its something worth paying for.

I tend to approach all purchases with this in mind.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postlordbeefy, on 06 July 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

I like this game.  Lately however i have been feeling let down as a paying customer.   I am fed up playing the same half dozen maps over and over again.   I am fed up with mm that puts you on a team which is insanely mismatched with games ending up a 15-3 result.  On the winning side its boring while on the losing side it is frustrating.

So you should win more, or get less steamrolls vs a non paying player? I mean most players do want this in some shape or form. But how do you suggest they do this then to make you happy? Skilled based MM? We all saw how well that worked on ranked higher up. Or even radndoms. As even 50% games full of equal WN8 teams won't prevent one from going lemming tard or camping it out, giving you a steam roll. I highly doubt they will go away, or appear less regardless of what they do with the MM.

View Postlordbeefy, on 06 July 2017 - 01:23 PM, said

There are more maps on the system....even bad maps would be an improvement on hardly any variety.  Dragon ridge, pearl river etc etc.

Oh god no. The removal of those maps is why most are still playing. They were removed for a reason. Because 90% still played it the same way, by only using that one line.  I mean you complain about steam rolls. Those maps won't have steam rolls. Because everyone on both teams are on the same grid on the map.

MarcoStrapone #13 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36274 battles

View Postlordbeefy, on 06 July 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Ok...ive been a player for a good few years now.  Ive introduced more than a handful of friends to the game.  I have been a premium account purchaser almost continuously over that time and have a big collection of premium tanks.

Now i see the scrambling for more cash with a summer advent equivalent.   I don't object to wg needing ro earn cash....im happy to pay a fair amount for a decent ptoduct....im not happy to be treated as a cashcow.

My overall message...make WOT great again.  Make me want to pay money for an excellent product again please.

you allmost make me wanna cry.

ExclamationMark #14 Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
I'm sure WG will miss you. 

unhappy_bunny #15 Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18109 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
I know I am slightly weird, but I actually liked those 2 maps. Great for doing something different on. Probably no good for the newer Jap Heavies etc, but for lower tier smaller more mobile tanks, great.

Stat_Padder #16 Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39969 battles

View Postlordbeefy, on 06 July 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

I am fed up playing the same half dozen maps over and over again.   I am fed up with mm that puts you on a team which is insanely mismatched with games ending up a 15-3 result.  On the winning side its boring while on the losing side it is frustrating. 

Yeah we're all fed up also listening to the same whines.

lordbeefy #17 Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25922 battles
Its a forum. Its about expresding a perspective or point of view.  You either agree or disagree with it and can express your own perspective so for those accusing me of whining its working as intended. If you are fed up hearing what other people think why on earth are you reading fors such as this?

I continue to play when i can...either in terms of available time or inclination.   I offer feedback from my perspective...should wg want it.

Im sure wot will miss me....i have received an email from them saying they havent seen me for a while and offering personal missions.  That sould suggest my absence has been noticed.....no?

No company that wishes to stay in profit says that we made money off you a while avo so we dont care if youre happy....thats why they continue to release new products silly boy.

I say again...i do like this game....i dont have a problem paying for a service i like....i just think that there needs to be a better service going forward.  But its just tge opinion of a single player offered with good intent.

1ncompetenc3 #18 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36897 battles

View Postlordbeefy, on 06 July 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Its a forum. Its about expresding a perspective or point of view. You either agree or disagree with it and can express your own perspective so for those accusing me of whining its working as intended. If you are fed up hearing what other people think why on earth are you reading fors such as this?

I continue to play when i can...either in terms of available time or inclination. I offer feedback from my perspective...should wg want it.

Im sure wot will miss me....i have received an email from them saying they havent seen me for a while and offering personal missions. That sould suggest my absence has been noticed.....no?

No company that wishes to stay in profit says that we made money off you a while avo so we dont care if youre happy....thats why they continue to release new products silly boy.

I say again...i do like this game....i dont have a problem paying for a service i like....i just think that there needs to be a better service going forward. But its just tge opinion of a single player offered with good intent.

Are you seriously suggesting a human being employed by WG checks player accounts and personally sends them an e-mail when he notices someone hasn't been online in a while? That's adorable.

Spoiler

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post1ncompetenc3, on 06 July 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Are you seriously suggesting a human being employed by WG checks player accounts and personally sends them an e-mail when he notices someone hasn't been online in a while? That's adorable.

Spoiler

OFC it does not - what it does say is that WG have procedures in place to attempt to lure players back when they have left.

Whether or not this is automated is irrelevant,

Lordbeefys point stands - why not try debating it instead of resorting to sarcasm?

TsunamiFM #20 Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18942 battles
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE

View PostJigabachi, on 06 July 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

And why should anyone care, especially WG?

You bought years of premaccount and lots of premtanks, some of which you barely played. That also includes the latest p2w tanks.

You already gave them enough money to allow them to completely stop caring about you.

And just try to see it from WG's perspective: "Look, another sheep who bought every crap we threw into the game, so he likes it and proved that we're doing everything right."

Why should they care? To get even more money from us. Holding loyal, paying customer is usually easier to do than gaining new one willing to regularly pay the same amount of money. I guess most of us here would be willing to buy more stuff from WG if they started to listen to us and improving the game.

It should be pretty simple win-win deal:

1. They listen to what we say,

2. They try to solve biggest problems and implement most wanted improvements,

3. We throw more money at them if they did good job with those.

They want the money, we want the fun. And if they fail to deliver the fun - then sorry, but no more money. They won't care about hundreds or thousands of €, but they should notice when millions are missing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users