Vk3601H

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

Deathstrik3 #1 Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5492 battles
  • [CSW] CSW
Posted Image

Soooooooooo.... got my Vk3601H today after a bit of a grind in the PzIII/IV as it was a bit of a system shock to my play style.

I used to use a 3601H in the Beta and loved every second of it...

Yet when i bought it today, the hardest 4500 XP grind in my time playing world of tanks.

Stock, outturned by a KV with 2 broken tracks, takes forever to get up to speed and the gun is a little lackluster.
However its armor and HP is utterly astounding for the early battles with it. Managing about 300xp a game with a win.

Now, i spent 100k to 75% the entire crew, researched and upgraded the second turret and mounted the 7.5cm KwK 42 L/70 from the PzIV UglyTurm.

Is this the same tank i was driving not 10 minutes earlier? Sure doesn't feel like it.

The extra 25% on my driver and commander took me from agility comparable to a KV with two yellow tracks to a KV-1S, not bad for 40k if you ask me.
The new turret goes from 10/80/80 (dont ask my why its soo thin on the front) to a whopping 110/80/80, a Titanic upgrade.
The 7.5cm KwK 42 L/70 on this turret, with the armor value of the tank is a match made in heaven.

First battle with this setup netted me 1300 XP with nearly 50k credits!!
This was matched against a top enemy of a King Tiger in Ensk.
1 Kill (Type59 from about 40%!) 6 Damages (nearly a full tiger solo) and 2 scouts)

Imagine a PzIV that looks infinitely nicer, Tougher armor, more agile and more HP. Not to mention more fun :P

Upgraded with the 8.8cm KwK 36 L/56 (AKA Short 88 on the tiger) she turns into a pinpoint accurate long range sniper, easily able to hit targets out to ranges of over 600m considering it is one of the most accurate weapons in the game, second only to the 8.8 KwK 43 L/71 (AKA Long 88 on the tiger)  yet mounted on a Medium and the "Konisch" gun that you wont be using unless your made of money.

In my honest opinion, Haven driven both elite T34-85s and Easy Eights, I feel the Vk3601H is vastly superior to both in nearly every way, T34-85 feels more nimble and the Easy Eight has a terrific rate of fire, yet the Accuracy of the "Short 88" is to die for.

I have very little experience using the "konisch" gun. Yet from what i have gathered, OH MY GOD THE PAIN! THE PAIN! ALL THE BURNING ENEMIES!!! ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Using this gun without APCR (Premium) Ammo is a very bad idea, as even the stock gun seems to perform better. It has more pen than any gun on the Vk3601H, even using AP shells yet the damage with AP is terrible, Think PzIII levels.
With APCR you will be churning out penetration values way beyond your tier, giving tier 8s and 9s something to think about!  Damage isnt quite as much as the 88, barley half of the 105. Yet the rate of fire is vastly superior.

EDIT: The stock gun IS vastly superior unless using APCR

To sum up....
Overall, Vk3601H is an absolute pleasure to drive with even minor upgrades (turret and 7.5 KwK 42 L/70 and respectable crew) and perfect practice for playing the Tiger line of heavies.
I will enjoy getting the 45k XP for the tiger and probably end up missing her a bit as i did in beta.

I highly recommend this tank to anyone who enjoys playing a Heavier medium, Especially recommended to KV-1S drivers as they essentially play like they are two peas in a pod.

The best equipment combo i have came across is Cammo net/Binoculars (depending on personal preference), Vents and Rammer if you plan to use the sniper guns, as you do :)

I may have picked up on a small bug with the Vk3601H in that, I am showing stats of 100% survival rate, yet ive been toasted twice..... although i'm not complaining :P

So for the benefit of people new to the Vk3601H, feel free to post your success stories and things to watch out for/look forward to in this great little moneymaker

(If anyone wants the skin at the top of the page, Its made by Kaido100 and downloadable here! http://4ridleywotski...1H-Kaido100.rar)

phantom_mitsaras #2 Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4365 battles
Call me an RU fanboy but Id take the t34-85 over the vk any day cause of the idiot gun wich is superb for t6  and for the mobility. While the vk has a heavyish armor a good top speed and nice hp ITs not sloped it turns like a truck and i hate the short 88. Neverthless Its a good all rounded tank and great fun with the konish.

P.S) VK = KV 107 food  :)

Deathstrik3 #3 Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5492 battles
  • [CSW] CSW

View Postphantom_mitsaras, on 03 November 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

P.S) VK = KV 107 food  :)

Not if you snipe like the good little German you should be :P

Eight_Ball #4 Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 24197 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS
The Conisch gun is fun, if you have gold to spare :) Otherwise it is a great support tank for heavies. But if you find the grind hard, to go to KV 3601 - Then wait for the grind within the Tiger - That's tough. I'm grinding off the last 83.000 xp to get away from this tin can, and into the Tiger II.

Eight_Ball

steview162 #5 Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 24516 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
I agree totally, it's a keeper for me; too good a money-maker and too much fun.

I also am not made of money, so never used the Konisch, 88 all the way. That could be better, but hey.

Good luck with the Tiger H, that is a useless article, but necessary for the KT, which isn't.

Eight_Ball #6 Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 24197 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS
I have kept my 3601, just for fun, when gold is available. There is so much fun in sniping heavies on long distance :) But otherwise than that, I don't play it so often. Then I would rather take my T-59.

But back to the issue of grinding, and thinking grinding is tough running 3601 - Grinding 3601 is nothing compared to what needs to be done in the Tiger. And if you are looking forward to running Tiger, then it can only be the Tiger II - I dislike the Tiger, even with the fully upgraded features, long barrel, big engine etc. It is sluggish, and paper thin :) It does not suit my style :D

Eight_Ball

Stimpeltje #7 Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 11418 battles
I even prefer the konisch gun with silver ammo instead of the 88.

I love the fast firing and accuracy of this gun. Ofc the damage output with silver ammo is low, but in the end I shoot and hit about 3 times as much so the damage output stay somewhat the same and most importantly, way less dinging.

I tried the 88, but had severall bad battles with it (10 hits, 8 bounces and 2 0 damage crits  :angry: ) that I switched to konisch gun (again). Result: battles like 20 shots, 19 penetrating!! hits and 1 miss. I even use the stock turret with it (yes, I know, less healt but lower/smaller profile and superb turning rate). Call me weird but I like this setup. And it works for me  :Smile-izmena: .

Reverend_Lovejoy #8 Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Translator
  • 7253 battles
  • [WWMR] WWMR
Me too. I sport the stock turret with 10,5 HE gun :-)

Bombastikus #9 Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 6301 battles
Had the VK3601 in beta and it was easily THE best tank I ever drove, going for it after beta was a no brainer for me.

But then I sold it recently since I hardly used it anymore and contrary to the beta this tank now plain sucks imho. Not that it would be a particularily bad tank, quite the opposite, however, this tank is a prime example of: Good tank, screwed by the matchmatker.

90% of the games I got thrown into with this tank I could do next to nothing to other tanks, I was just there to turkey-shoot, to the point where I drove it with the short 10,5cm derp gun, so that I could at least HE damage some tanks and go arty-hunting.

I don't know what changed, maybe the weight in the matchmaker for this tank, or the generell demographic which forced this tank into the "filler for T8-T10 matches role" but in the end I just hadn't any good matches with it anymore. Sold it and never looked back and ironically I get into better matches with my T7 panther than with the vk3601.

GrimVictor #10 Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11209 battles
  • [BAD-S] BAD-S
Posted Image

This says all about it

Reverend_Lovejoy #11 Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Translator
  • 7253 battles
  • [WWMR] WWMR
Conic gun ? http://forum.worldof...mile-bajan2.gif

Ebeneezergoode #12 Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9581 battles

View PostBombastikus, on 03 November 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

Had the VK3601 in beta and it was easily THE best tank I ever drove, going for it after beta was a no brainer for me.

But then I sold it recently since I hardly used it anymore and contrary to the beta this tank now plain sucks imho. Not that it would be a particularily bad tank, quite the opposite, however, this tank is a prime example of: Good tank, screwed by the matchmatker.

90% of the games I got thrown into with this tank I could do next to nothing to other tanks, I was just there to turkey-shoot, to the point where I drove it with the short 10,5cm derp gun, so that I could at least HE damage some tanks and go arty-hunting.

I don't know what changed, maybe the weight in the matchmaker for this tank, or the generell demographic which forced this tank into the "filler for T8-T10 matches role" but in the end I just hadn't any good matches with it anymore. Sold it and never looked back and ironically I get into better matches with my T7 panther than with the vk3601.

I'm totally with you on this, I sold it ages ago and recently got it back to venture up the German medium tree and having driven the Tiger P, if i get a Tiger H it'll be almost fully upgraded. The matches it gets put into seem to vary widely compared to before, and I've also switched to the 105mm howie. On the plus side, in those matches nothing is safe so to speak, so you can easily walk away with over 1k in XP.

I'm tempted to get some premium ammo and the connical to gold troll my way through the rest of the tank, but I can't justify the waste of gold compared to transfering XP. It's a nice feeling when you can almost see them thinking "ha, his short 88 will bounce off of me!" just to get a big ol' HE round in the face leaving a nice critical and taking a good chunk off no matter where it hits.

Rollup #13 Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 31019 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostGrimVictor, on 04 November 2011 - 08:11 AM, said:

image deleted

This says all about it

It's amazing what tanks can do when they don't get hit.

Deathstrik3 #14 Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5492 battles
  • [CSW] CSW
Quick updated, Tried the Conical gun with silver on the standard turret....

Oh wow, not as good as Gold ammo for obvious reasons yet better than the 88. Many times more accurate and penetrates more effectively, not nearly as much damage.
Constant 4% hits on a lowe is better than a rare 10% :P

You get to keep the lower profile turret as well, so its a bonus

am462 #15 Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8314 battles
I find it wrecks heavy tanks in peekaboo fights. As soon as that front drive wheel appears, it gets popped, heavy stuck, vulnerable armour exposed, dead. Works especially well on lowes.

I almost feel bad doing it.

Almost.

Agrikid1 #16 Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3508 battles
REALLY HIGH REPAIR PRICE

Bullitt #17 Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8144 battles
What can I say I agree it is a great  tank for its tier & if you use the Konisch gun with gold ammo (occasionally for a laugh or you will go broke) it is a great tank! I have had my best results in this with 10kills the only think I have driven that comes near this is my E75 9kills.
It is just a shame it is going to be nerfed.:(

Piercer #18 Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23959 battles
VK3601 H ?

My favourite tank .

Fully upgraded, 100% all crew, ... it could be a...'little' heavy :Smile-izmena:

I use only 105 HE...10-15% damage/ 1 single shot/ Lowe or KV or T29...

That 105 (HE) is not for sniping, BUT... with some experience behind...u can snipe very well with it .

Against some TD (wolverine, slugger, hetzer, stug...) or Pz4 or Sherman u can see 'one shot/one kill' shots...almost all the time  :Smile-playing: .

I use 88 very very rarely...because its simply useless against heavies . <_<

Its only weak point is..driving :huh: BUT, with a good driver...u can skying with it. ;)

Who uses 105 like me ? :o

NiekSchmidt #19 Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 2768 battles
Yep, it`s nice. Though lately I`m getting in horrible matches where most of the enemies I can`t even dent with my short 88...

SBFCap #20 Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7986 battles
  • [SBF] SBF
The 105 is like shooting blanks because only about 1 out of 5 shots actually hit target. The accuracy sucks .