Jump to content


1145 damage hit by CGC


  • Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Ojciec_Director #1 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 29717 battles
  • 399
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011

GG Wargaming. One shot arty coming back looks like, now better aim, better reload and dumb stun. Go GO WG 

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   1145.jpg   54.39K


Bambodos #2 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20692 battles
  • 145
  • [11RHS] 11RHS
  • Member since:
    08-17-2013

With the old arty you would've been dead at once.. Whats the complaining about??

 



Ojciec_Director #3 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 29717 battles
  • 399
  • Member since:
    01-16-2011
About hit for 1145 by arty, where arty use to  hit 300-500 after so called "nerf" . U dumb or just trolling?

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 19683 battles
  • 5,852
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostOjciec_Director, on 06 July 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

About hit for 1145 by arty, where arty use to  hit 300-500 after so called "nerf" . U dumb or just trolling?

 

We could ask you the same question.

 

Artillery still has more than enough penetration at that tier to score a penetrating hit on the weakest parts of your armour (the roof and engine deck)

 

Since the artillery rebalance I recall being hit for more than 500 damage once, and that was in the skorpion G.



HugSeal #5 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22717 battles
  • 1,951
  • [SWEC] SWEC
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012
soo, another OP that doesn't understand game mechanics but just feels the oh so strong urge to whine. Incredibly original thread you got there OP.

wsatnutter #6 Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:49 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23990 battles
  • 7,017
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

as my dad said wrong place wrong time son .Suck it up son and try harder son


 



Balc0ra #7 Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62806 battles
  • 14,399
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostOjciec_Director, on 06 July 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

About hit for 1145 by arty, where arty use to  hit 300-500 after so called "nerf" . U dumb or just trolling?

 

Where does it say that the CGC has 500 average damage? If it hit's your front etc, then sure. As the reduced pen HE shells have now on arty won't eat past HT armor head on as it can be 3x thicker then his HE pen, as his HE can't burn past all of that. But if he hits your engine deck, or any weak part of your roof armor, then he will do that much still. As his average damage is 1200. And his HE pen is still more then your top armor to fully pen it. And do 1200 damage. That and he has a narrower shell arch then most. Thus the range is less the 1000m. So he can really nail engine decks at a perfect angle if you allow him to.

 

As Bambodos pointed out, with the old arty would would have been dead, as he had 2000 average damage and more then enough HE pen. Never did WG say it was 100% impossible for arty do to max damage to any tank. Even a HT. RNG and low roof armor is still a thing.

 

Arty was nerfed to greatly reduce the chance of 1 shot killing equal or higher tanks. Especially HT's. Reduced is the keyword here, not eliminated.


Edited by Balc0ra, 06 July 2017 - 11:05 PM.


malachi6 #8 Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:27 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 48609 battles
  • 3,086
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
Conqueror GC V's your engine deck is virtually 100% chance to pen.  Lucky for you he rolled low.

Edited by malachi6, 07 July 2017 - 01:28 AM.


CaptKhazi #9 Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:30 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43411 battles
  • 356
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    01-02-2013
I don't know which tank you were driving, but I can tell you from recent experience in both ranked battles and in ransoms trying to finish the arty missions for the 260, the CGC, if it pens you, will do up to the maximum damage. I think I found 907s quite vulnerable to arty hits and was regularly managing to regularly do damage around 1000, and I think one poor guy I took about 1400 of him. However, it's more usual to do much less damage, but every once in a while you will pen a tank when your shell lands directly on a weak point. I think I also took about 1k from a T57. Its all RNG, and on this occasion, you were the unlucky one. 

HunterXHunter8 #10 Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 33071 battles
  • 941
  • Member since:
    04-27-2013
well they call it ebola gun carrier for a reason 

Edited by HunterXHunter8, 07 July 2017 - 01:31 AM.


ExclamationMark #11 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:04 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16679 battles
  • 3,727
  • Member since:
    04-12-2013
Spoiler

np



cro001 #12 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:10 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27863 battles
  • 1,888
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

To be honest, CGC needs shell arc nerf. It's only arty that can pen you reliably when it lands, because cancerous gun arc means it lands on your engine deck most of the time. Oooor, you can drive M4 Rev. like me:

*edited*


Edited by Jbnn, 08 July 2017 - 08:45 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


Jigabachi #13 Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17753 battles
  • 17,629
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostOjciec_Director, on 06 July 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

 One shot arty coming back looks like, 

 

Yes, because one lucky hit out of hundred causes more damage.



Aoishi #14 Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18951 battles
  • 454
  • [VO1D] VO1D
  • Member since:
    03-19-2016
I 1 shot a cromwell in my lorrane 155 50, Well i hit him for alot of dmg and a fire took him out for the rest of the hit, basically he died a split second after i shot him. 

HassenderZerhacker #15 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:14 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 July 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

 

Where does it say that the CGC has 500 average damage? If it hit's your front etc, then sure. As the reduced pen HE shells have now on arty won't eat past HT armor head on as it can be 3x thicker then his HE pen, as his HE can't burn past all of that. But if he hits your engine deck, or any weak part of your roof armor, then he will do that much still. As his average damage is 1200. And his HE pen is still more then your top armor to fully pen it. And do 1200 damage. That and he has a narrower shell arch then most. Thus the range is less the 1000m. So he can really nail engine decks at a perfect angle if you allow him to.

 

As Bambodos pointed out, with the old arty would would have been dead, as he had 2000 average damage and more then enough HE pen. Never did WG say it was 100% impossible for arty do to max damage to any tank. Even a HT. RNG and low roof armor is still a thing.

 

Arty was nerfed to greatly reduce the chance of 1 shot killing equal or higher tanks. Especially HT's. Reduced is the keyword here, not eliminated.

 

problem is, they reduced damage ok, but at the same time they gave stun and made the arties more precise, as well as increased ROF which gobally makes them arties even more annoying than before.

Increased precision and stun means if there are two arties and they take turns firing on a tank, this tank is essentially dead.

WG needs to rework arty mechanics.



ellua #16 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1160 battles
  • 555
  • Member since:
    09-29-2011

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/60046321

 

in past this was even worse...



Suurpolskija #17 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16552 battles
  • 1,182
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
Funny thing is, nowadays a single arty hit can make...

The arty whine thread of the day!!!

:)

It's so rare to get these these days.

Enforcer1975 #18 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 18386 battles
  • 9,844
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

Yep...one shots back in the day...



Spurtung #19 Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60111 battles
  • 5,479
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostOjciec_Director, on 06 July 2017 - 11:23 PM, said:

GG Wargaming. One shot arty coming back looks like, now better aim, better reload and dumb stun. Go GO WG 

 

 

I'd expect that arty player to complain about the low roll, not you.

Spurtung #20 Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60111 battles
  • 5,479
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postcro001, on 07 July 2017 - 03:10 AM, said:

To be honest, CGC needs shell arc nerf. It's only arty that can pen you reliably when it lands, because cancerous gun arc means it lands on your engine deck most of the time. Oooor, you can drive M4 Rev. like me:

 

Shell arc nerf? The nerf is already there as that shell takes a lot longer to travel. So if you get hit, consider how predictable was your movement or how long you stood in that place without moving.

 

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 07 July 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

 

problem is, they reduced damage ok, but at the same time they gave stun and made the arties more precise, as well as increased ROF which gobally makes them arties even more annoying than before.

Increased precision and stun means if there are two arties and they take turns firing on a tank, this tank is essentially dead.

WG needs to rework arty mechanics.

 

What you're describing is the same level of cooperation as a tank keeping an enemy tracked over and over so his team can destroy it.

You also forgot to mention the reduction of penetration and the change of shells to HE only. It wouldn't fit your narrative, but it sure makes a difference.


 

Edited by VMX, 09 July 2017 - 03:42 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users