• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

CaptainCombat #1 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25821 battles
  • [BACKS] BACKS

Good day everyone,

I confess that I have seen this question asked, but can't seem to find a new one lately, and its important now since the match maker has changed, especially regarding the older premium tanks such as the KV-5 and IS-6, because I honestly do not believe these tanks will ever be the same, regardless of how much you buff them, but they are still competitive in the right circumstances...anyway...to the question.

I am looking at the two premium tanks mentioned in the topic, with or without camo obviously. I here alot of hype regarding the T26E5 and hardly any regarding the AMX M4 49. When looking at VBaddict the T26E5 seems to outperform the M4, but the amount of M4's you see in the battlefield is not much (or is it just me?).

I do have the T34 and do fairly well in it (I think?) so I have a crew trainer for my T110E5, but even though my very first tier X was the AMX 50B, I still do not have a French Heavy tank crew trainer. So both seem viable, but I dont mind the crew training that much and care more about which tank will be more fun to play. I am aware of the glaring weakspot the M4 has....but I would love the thoughts and opinions of others.

Any advice is welcome, even if you recommend another tank above these two, and I am fully aware that they are not always available in the premium shop...I just want clarity regarding the topic.

Thanks in advance!

lafeel #2 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

One's a straight up by the book conventional heavy, the other a heavium.

Which works better for you all boils down to playstyle to be honest, as they're both very good tanks.

TankkiPoju #3 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20443 battles

AMX M4 49 is easier to play to its strengths: Basically you keep frontal armor towards enemies at all times (DO NOT ANGLE!), avoid getting flanked and shoot the bad guys. If you can do that, you should have good games. If you can hide the cupola, do it. The cupola is very weak, which is a major problem with this tank: Most people know to shoot it.

T26E5 is bit harder to play as heavy tank, but it is faster and arguably more fun to play (IMHO, at least). It has no weakspots in turret, which can be abused fairly easily.. like with T34.

EggyTheGumGumChewer #4 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16312 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
I enjoy my Liberte more than the Patriot, although it does have a pretty useless gun.

CaptainCombat #5 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25821 battles
  • [BACKS] BACKS

View PostEggyTheGumGumChewer, on 07 July 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

I enjoy my Liberte more than the Patriot, although it does have a pretty useless gun.

How is the gun handling compared to the autoloader variant?

lafeel #6 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4964 battles
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE

View PostCaptainCombat, on 07 July 2017 - 01:22 PM, said:

How is the gun handling compared to the autoloader variant?

Pretty similar looks like to me http://tanks.gg/compare/amx-m4-49-l?t=amx-50-100

1ncompetenc3 #7 Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36911 battles
The Liberté feels more balanced to me because of that big turret weak spot, I usually don't even include it in the list of OPremiums. Therefore the obvious choice is T26E5. :child:

AvalancheZ257 #8 Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3926 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

The Liberte has good frontal armour, but has shoulder plates that basically make holding a diamond position is impossible. It has a huge turmour that is weak and every shoots at it, but if you move a lot it isn't too easy to hit. The gun is good. Its basically everything the you would have expected the Tiger II to be.

The Patriot is definitely a heavium. Terrible hull armour, and a decently sized cupola although it has a tough mantlet. Abusing ridgelines is easy, and it has good penetration, just don't stand still too long or people will snipe that cupola or the bigger guns with penetrate the turret front next to the edge of the mantlet. 

Liberte for a normal heavy tank, where you can be penned by they actually have to aim. 

Patriot for a hull down beast with great DPM and standard penetration that makes it an excellent credit grinder. 

anonym_YNch2j0j5oJ9 #9 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 07 July 2017 - 03:12 PM, said:

AMX M4 49 is easier to play to its strengths: Basically you keep frontal armor towards enemies at all times (DO NOT ANGLE!), avoid getting flanked and shoot the bad guys. If you can do that, you should have good games. If you can hide the cupola, do it. The cupola is very weak, which is a major problem with this tank: Most people know to shoot it.

T26E5 is bit harder to play as heavy tank, but it is faster and arguably more fun to play (IMHO, at least). It has no weakspots in turret, which can be abused fairly easily.. like with T34.

Patriot DOES have weakspots in the turret.. i get penned there  A LOT

and both tanks suck cuz of new matchmaking.. Liberte is the most useless tank ever when tier 8-10 presses 2, and Patriot's gun sucks thx to new mm

Edited by Press2ForSkill, 07 July 2017 - 07:19 PM.

1ncompetenc3 #10 Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36911 battles

View PostAvalancheZ257, on 07 July 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

The Liberte has good frontal armour, but has shoulder plates that basically make holding a diamond position is impossible. It has a huge turmour that is weak and every shoots at it, but if you move a lot it isn't too easy to hit. The gun is good. Its basically everything the you would have expected the Tiger II to be.

The Patriot is definitely a heavium. Terrible hull armour, and a decently sized cupola although it has a tough mantlet. Abusing ridgelines is easy, and it has good penetration, just don't stand still too long or people will snipe that cupola or the bigger guns with penetrate the turret front next to the edge of the mantlet. 

Liberte for a normal heavy tank, where you can be penned by they actually have to aim. 

Patriot for a hull down beast with great DPM and standard penetration that makes it an excellent credit grinder. 

T26E5 does not have "terrible hull armour". Any PMM premium tank is going to need high pen rolls or premium ammo to go through the lower front plate.

Also tagged with Premium tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users