Jump to content


@Jbnn (The Moderator)


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

TheJumpMaster #1 Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45959 battles
  • 4,246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

I would like to say that you are doing a very good job. I do have one request. On Saturdays, could you wait an additional hour or so prior to closing threads. I simply did not wake up in time to add my "constructive" input.

 

Your cooperation and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good job :):great: :honoring:
 

Sincerely,

 

TheJumpMaster of The Dingers

 

 



Jigabachi #2 Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:32 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17852 battles
  • 18,191
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
I agree. Missed two possibilities to earn some more minion points. I only need 21 more for my golden Type.

TheJumpMaster #3 Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45959 battles
  • 4,246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011
He must be getting up quite early to perform his moderation duties. I am 2 hours ahead and he was with the done moderation, when I awoke.

Edited by TheJumpMaster, 08 July 2017 - 11:08 AM.


spamhamstar #4 Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64310 battles
  • 1,409
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 08 July 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

I would like to say that you are doing a very good job. I do have one request. On Saturdays, could you wait an additional hour or so prior to closing threads. I simply did not wake up in time to add my "constructive" input.

 

Your cooperation and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good job :):great: :honoring:
 

Sincerely,

 

TheJumpMaster of The Dingers

 

 

 

 

So to encourage him you thought you'd create some extra moderation that needed doing?  Although Gameplay may seem like the appropriate section for pointless threads, due to the other content we all keep posting here, I'd suggest it probably isn't.



Browarszky #5 Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 15560 battles
  • 3,342
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
Then again, how many people (apart from the moderators) actively monitor the other sections?

spamhamstar #6 Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64310 battles
  • 1,409
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012
Then again, it was directed at a moderator, so how important is it for us to actively monitor it?  Besides I know of at least 3 players who live in the arty section, so perhaps there are also trolls in "off topic"?  Being as this is the internet it seems likely.

TheJumpMaster #7 Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45959 battles
  • 4,246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Postspamhamstar, on 08 July 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

 

 

So to encourage him you thought you'd create some extra moderation that needed doing?  Although Gameplay may seem like the appropriate section for pointless threads, due to the other content we all keep posting here, I'd suggest it probably isn't.

 

You're absolutely correct, but don't you think that you are being a bit serious for a Saturday morning :)

spamhamstar #8 Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64310 battles
  • 1,409
  • [LLAY] LLAY
  • Member since:
    12-02-2012

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 08 July 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

 

You're absolutely correct, but don't you think that you are being a bit serious for a Saturday morning :)

 

I apologise if you've ever taken anything I ever said seriously.  The world can be confusing enough without making basic mistakes like that. :D

 

TheJumpMaster #9 Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45959 battles
  • 4,246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Postspamhamstar, on 08 July 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

 

I apologise if you've ever taken anything I ever said seriously.  The world can be confusing enough without making basic mistakes like that. :D

 

All is well :)

Dennyb #10 Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21178 battles
  • 1,936
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

Incoming ban for naming and shaming.



qpranger #11 Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 31063 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Blah blah

AvengerOrion #12 Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25328 battles
  • 1,013
  • Member since:
    12-21-2013

View Postqpranger, on 08 July 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Blah blah

 

You don't become CC with that attitude, mister hamster.

TheJumpMaster #13 Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:49 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45959 battles
  • 4,246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostDennyb, on 08 July 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

Incoming ban for naming and shaming nonconstructive post.

 

Corrected and you're welcome :P



Homer_J #14 Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27494 battles
  • 28,584
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBrowarszky, on 08 July 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Then again, how many people (apart from the moderators) actively monitor the other sections?

I actively monitor the active topics.  Individual sections are meaningless.

 

View PostJigabachi, on 08 July 2017 - 08:32 AM, said:

I agree. Missed two possibilities to earn some more minion points. I only need 21 more for my golden Type.

Get yourself a night shift job, best time to earn minion points, especially over a weekend.



WindSplitter1 #15 Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:22 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15179 battles
  • 2,075
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

Well that's phun. Nice to know WG has double standards.

 

When I first made a post containing the name of one of their employees, the thread was locked and removed practically on the spot. It wasn't a constructive post, but it was still neutral and not the typical "X you edited edited".

 

On topic: Yeah, I've seen some of his posts. Super duper polite. Which is to be expected, anyway. They set the example they want us to follow, which makes absolute sense. But the contemptuous higher-ups somewhat offset that.

 

Came the time when I stumbled in the ES forums. Nothing like here, where people consume NaCl for breakfast... I mean, absolutely nothing alike.



ZlatanArKung #16 Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 1529 battles
  • 5,112
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View Postspamhamstar, on 08 July 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

 

 

So to encourage him you thought you'd create some extra moderation that needed doing?  Although Gameplay may seem like the appropriate section for pointless threads, due to the other content we all keep posting here, I'd suggest it probably isn't.

 

Once upon a time, this section was called General Discussion.

Which is what it still mostly is.

 

This is also the part you post in if you want many to read it and respond to it, if you want a discussion etc.

All other parts, except newcomer and clanguage sections are rather irrelevant imo.



TheJumpMaster #17 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45959 battles
  • 4,246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 09 July 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

Well that's phun. Nice to know WG has double standards.

 

When I first made a post containing the name of one of their employees, the thread was locked and removed practically on the spot.

 

I have a silly question for you. When you used that employee's name, were there questionable adjectives before and/or after the name?

jabster #18 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • 22,483
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 08 July 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

I would like to say that you are doing a very good job. I do have one request. On Saturdays, could you wait an additional hour or so prior to closing threads. I simply did not wake up in time to add my "constructive" input.

 

Your cooperation and assistance would be greatly appreciated. Keep up the good job :):great: :honoring:
 

Sincerely,

 

TheJumpMaster of The Dingers

 

 

 

Overall I like the thread but I do believe there's a question on everyone's lips, does he like sprouts.

TheJumpMaster #19 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 45959 battles
  • 4,246
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View Postjabster, on 09 July 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

 

Overall I like the thread but I do believe there's a question on everyone's lips, does he like sprouts.

 

Not if he has good taste :P

 

Is liking sprouts a prerequisite to gain admittance into  WSAT?

 

The Dingers use Sprout farts to test possible candidates for stamina and the ability to withstand torture


Edited by TheJumpMaster, 09 July 2017 - 01:30 PM.


jabster #20 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12526 battles
  • 22,483
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 09 July 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

 

Is liking sprouts a prerequisite to gain admittance into  WSAT?

 

 

Just liking them will get you considered but it's not enough on its own. Seems an easier requirement than FAME's Fort Knox purchase.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users