3 replies to this topic

turret_armor #1 Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30195 battles
  • [TRFD] TRFD

Hi,

FIRST Example of other game:

There is a cardgame called Bridge, which became very popular due to its point system. This lead to there being 5 tiers to aim for in a game. 
And it is transparent. The strongest deal played for the highest score possible, while the weakest deal try to stop them from earning that score.

1) Simple scoring: you win a trick, you earn points
2) 100 pts score: gives a bonus, but you have to declare you aim for it first

3) etc ... 

Players decide on the strength of their dealth hands what to aim for, and try to earn their score based on that.

SECOND World of Tanks:

It lacks transparancy nor does it use a players decision how it wants to earn XP, by the player's own selection of a tank.
example:

1) The missions give quite good examples of what WG expects how tanks are most useful for.

2) XP modifiers might be handed out based on tanks. 

3) (Hidden) Dynamic grouping based on proximity and/or expectations. (where spotting / tracking / etc already fills in part of this niche)

4) Proximity to enemy tanks. example TD might get distance bonus, while HT might get proximity bonus. I assume the distance difference is big enough to figure out something useful.

This to encourage the game play you expect to see, in the same way that with the cardgame Bridge the scoring naturally forces the edge of speculation and sanity for higher competitive scoring.

• I assume that if you take the top 5% of the players and figure out the statistics on tank use, you could award (preferential) XP modifiers
  • XP modifier through a battle, say every 5 kills based on tanks remaining. (kind of skill XP ... but winning with 15 tanks remaining ... means skill difference was high. XP modifier = 0.)
  • and other things.

captainpigg #2 Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31317 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
So how was the absinthe and shroom party?

Jigabachi #3 Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I actually have no idea what you are on about. I read it twice but in both cases I ended up with nothing but some big question marks...

AliceUnchained #4 Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

I think what OP proposes is like calling the ball and pocket with pool biljart; you make the shot as called, you get the reward. And depending on difficulty of the shot you get more or less XP. Or something. No idea how that would be more transparent, as it's simple a different system and transparency means revealing the behind the scenes calculations/rules on how XP is awarded. Then again, I could have simply misunderstood OP.

Also tagged with XP, Transparent XP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users