About IS-7 "buff" ....No, this is not a buff, let's see why..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40540 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

Hi to everyone today i would like to comment with you the "buff" of this tank

9.20 supertest changes of is7

What once again shows that is7 (the same thing for is4) is still obsolete compared to other heavys tier X, I do not list other tiers X (obj260, vk72, maus, type5 etc ..) because they all have better performances .. even type 5 and vk72 have more dpm than is7, without mentioning the pointing time still too high even after the buff in the super test server.

No buff at the penetration of the gold ammo, which remains unclear why, only 303 mm compared to the average penetration of 340/330 mm of the other gold shots of other heavys tier X

No buff at charging time and dpm, which will make7 is still a tank that will have to chase other tiers 10 and will again need a greater effort in being played.
No buff to the scatter and the accuracy of the shots
Great mobility buff and power horse per ton. redistribution compared to wagon weight
Retype the timing "buff", almost zero (just two tenths of a second)
Inspired by the chariot HP buff as the dpm remains that of the old chariot and since we have wagers like the 113 and others that shoot in 7 seconds and penetrate more and with the same alpha damage that sense has played the  Is7?

Anyway I'm a lover of is7 and I like to play it but I do not think it's a so competitive vehicle than the others of its level (some of which are out of measure in dpm, mixed with mobility and accuracy and reload time)
I think the buff is totally wrong in these terms and in these way and that will not make the wagon more competitive in general terms.

This tank requires greater penetration of gold hits (320/330 mm) , does not need 2400 hp , and seriously needs (such as poor is4) a recharge time that gives a dpm such decks to rival the heavy tier X parts in the game

DezGamez

9.20 - Russian Tanks Rebalanced - IS-7 BUFFED + More! - World of Tanks Patch 9.20 Update

Important note I have equipped all the tanks with "combat rations +10%" and "improved equipment" to maximize the performance , and obviusly all avaible skills 

Current performance of is7

113 performance

t110e5 performance

e100 with maus gun performance

fv215b performance

is4 performance

Cobra6 #2 Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah the IS-7 needs a DPM buff and a gun handling buff. The mobility is fine as it is and doesn't need tweaking.

It's idiotic that both the Tier 9 WZ and T10 WZ have much better gun handling with pretty much the same gun, and higher DPM.

Cobra 6

Hollow_Wings #3 Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33800 battles
  • [322] 322
Weren't there supposed to be some buffs to the soft stats of the gun aswell? Check this thread http://forum.worldof...9#entry14500819

brumbarr #4 Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 09 July 2017 - 09:48 AM, said:

Yeah the IS-7 needs a DPM buff and a gun handling buff. The mobility is fine as it is and doesn't need tweaking.

It's idiotic that both the Tier 9 WZ and T10 WZ have much better gun handling with pretty much the same gun, and higher DPM.

Cobra 6

I dont get that. So you basicly want a tank that makes the chinese heavys obselete? The only thing they have over the is7 now is dpm and gun handling. Is7 is just as fast if not faster and vastly better armoured. Give it a dpm and gun 

handling buff and chinese heavys are pointless.

You can have a dpm buff if they nerf the mobility, otherwise, no. 

brumbarr #5 Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Cobra 6

I dont get that. So you basicly want a tank that makes the chinese heavys obselete? The only thing they have over the is7 now is dpm and gun handling. Is7 is just as fast if not faster and vastly better armoured. Give it a dpm and gun 

leggasiini #6 Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 9619 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Yea, I dont think IS-7 needs DPM buff.

I actually like the looks of this buff. It shows up the true concept of IS-7: very mobile slap of armor. Having basically now medium's mobility and heavy's armor should have its price. And even still, atleast the gun has ridiculous gun handling so it can snapshot very well in close range.

Im okay with low DPM, and even more okay with low pen, because IS-7 should be now enough mobile to go up with medium tanks, where the penetration is not as big concern, and with combination of HP + armor + alpha, it will outtrade any medium. Not in raw DPM fight, but in a peek-a-boo fight. And IS-7 should not beat them in raw DPM fight, because that would mean you would need to buff the DPM to like +2,5k which I dont think is very good idea. And yea, buff mobility among with DPM and you make IS-7 basically like the Chinese HTs.

I dont like many decisions of WG but god damn it, there is literally always someone who will be unhappy, no matter what changes they do. This hasnt even hit the test server yet. And be bloody happy that they didnt actually overbuff the IS-7 into "Russian Maus" or "Defender on steroids".

brumbarr #7 Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:27 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postleggasiini, on 09 July 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Yea, I dont think IS-7 needs DPM buff.

I actually like the looks of this buff. It shows up the true concept of IS-7: very mobile slap of armor. Having basically now medium's mobility and heavy's armor should have its price. And even still, atleast the gun has ridiculous gun handling so it can snapshot very well in close range.

Im okay with low DPM, and even more okay with low pen, because IS-7 should be now enough mobile to go up with medium tanks, where the penetration is not as big concern, and with combination of HP + armor + alpha, it will outtrade any medium. Not in raw DPM fight, but in a peek-a-boo fight. And IS-7 should not beat them in raw DPM fight, because that would mean you would need to buff the DPM to like +2,5k which I dont think is very good idea. And yea, buff mobility among with DPM and you make IS-7 basically like the Chinese HTs.

I dont like many decisions of WG but god damn it, there is literally always someone who will be unhappy, no matter what changes they do. This hasnt even hit the test server yet. And be bloody happy that they didnt actually overbuff the IS-7 into "Russian Maus" or "Defender on steroids".

Pretty much, even now i would say its already very good , there is no tank in the game with so much armor for the mobility. You can just go to the med flank and be unkillable. You can get to advanced hulldown positions and you cant get digged out. This combination is extemely powerfull. No need for a better gun at all. 

_EXODUZ_ #8 Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
No one in WG is saying it's a "buff", it's a re-balance. Plus, you're forgetting about the gun changes.

brumbarr #9 Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 09 July 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

No one in WG is saying it's a "buff", it's a re-balance. Plus, you're forgetting about the gun changes.

Euhm? Wtf are you talking about.

Envoy_MT #10 Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 37161 battles
  • [JSTCE] JSTCE
fv215b needs armor buff :)

Cobra6 #11 Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postbrumbarr, on 09 July 2017 - 09:15 AM, said:

No I want the IS-7 to have competitive DPM, not the same. As for the gun handling, yeah it can definitely be improved because at the moment it's atrocious.

Cobra 6

brumbarr #12 Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCobra6, on 09 July 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

No I want the IS-7 to have competitive DPM, not the same. As for the gun handling, yeah it can definitely be improved because at the moment it's atrocious.

Cobra 6

If you want that, then the engine buff neefs to be removed.

MrTagen #13 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5249 battles
  • [EGYPT] EGYPT

View Postbrumbarr, on 09 July 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

yeah power to weight ratio improvement is not needed for this heavy tank but other changes are more required and they are more significant for this tank to be competitive 

Enforcer1975 #14 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 18386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Cobra 6

They should apply the same like they do with the JT88 and JT which will have the same mobility because iirc they mentioned they had the same or very similar hp/t ratio ergo same gun, similar / same turret, same gun handling. Remove or reduce the effects of hidden stats even if it means that tanks behave more similar than before. Tbh i never understood anyway why devs in every game created unbalance or even pull irrational numbers out of their butts between similar equipment to create diversity.

HeathLedger_ #15 Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 250 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postbrumbarr, on 09 July 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

It never needed that buff anyway, that's what the 260 is for. 

All it needed was a gunhandling/DPM update and it'd be perfectly viable to play. But no, WG has to go full maus tier with the supertest buffs.Like, what's the point of russian meds if the IS-7 is pretty much as fast, has an actually impenetrable turret once it gets there and can actually trade against meds very well?

Cobra6 #16 Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postbrumbarr, on 09 July 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

Yeah I'm fine with that, the IS-7 is mobile enough.

I rather hit my bloody targets than go a little bit faster.

View PostEnforcer1975, on 09 July 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

They should apply the same like they do with the JT88 and JT which will have the same mobility because iirc they mentioned they had the same or very similar hp/t ratio ergo same gun, similar / same turret, same gun handling.

Yeah unless the JT8.8 gets exactly the same mobility as the T9 JT in every way (maybe even better since the gun is lighter) this tank will still be completely obsolete.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 09 July 2017 - 09:00 PM.

HUN_volt_HUN_nem_volt #17 Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21282 battles
  • [H-U] H-U

I agree, IS-7 is quite mobile, but the gun is terrible. This kind of buff is useless.

The E-100 aiming faster with the 750 alfa dmg then the IS-7, and has a higher premium penetration and a higher DPM. And of course more average armour. Not mention Mouse and Type 5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users