When will WG start banning players who idle?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Slind #1 Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51940 battles

Why is it OK to click "battle", then go away from the keyboard? Do nothing in the battle? Camp in the corner and wait for your team to win or lose? How is that not unsportsmanlike conduct? Is it because WG wants as many players in the game as possible? Even if they are worse than bots that don't leave the spawn but at least spot our base? If it is too difficult game, you know too hard to press a few keys on your keyboard and point and click with your mouse, why do it? Why fail every battle and let 14 other players down in your team? How is that allowed?

http://prntscr.com/ftg5ys

https://prnt.sc/ftg6xq

http://prntscr.com/ftg75d

http://prntscr.com/ftg78p

I really don't think WG wants to keep the game "competite and fun for all", because if they did, they'd start doing something about these constantly failing players who just idle every game until they get tier 10 tanks, and then idle in those. And since being idle and doing 0 damage costs credits, these failures buy premium tanks, since they've heard that those are great credit farmers. But it's not true because you need to do damage or spot to make credits and they have no brains to do that, they still idle in the corner so they buy another premium tank and another and another and WG gets money and makes excuses like "making the game fun for everyone!!1111". The developers should play a few games to see what's going on. Or maybe they are, maybe they are the red rats with no brains... would explain alot.

HeidenSieker #2 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostSlind, on 09 July 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

Why is it OK to click "battle", then go away from the keyboard? Do nothing in the battle? Camp in the corner and wait for your team to win or lose? How is that not unsportsmanlike conduct?

If you feel it is, you can always use the "report" system.

TsunamiFM #3 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18942 battles
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE
I understand some random situations can happen (like the door bell), but I agree there should be consequences for long idling. If player didn't moved for like 5 minutes in battle he should be automatically kicked out and get at least short ban (like 30 minutes) - it should help to reduce number of idlers.

Edited by TsunamiFM, 09 July 2017 - 12:06 PM.

Slind #4 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51940 battles

Another battle ended 5-15 because team is full of people who idle. They drive into a position they can't do anything from and die there. GG. 5000 - 20000 battles but they haven't learned a thing. 5000 - 20000 battles where they fail every time, doing 0 damage most of the time, losing the battle most of the time and WG says it's OK and that's how it should be to keep the game fun and competitive? BS...

In every battle 2-4 high tier tanks with 0 damage because they are too stupid to point and click. In lakeville they never left the base while few attack the valley and died there. Fun and competitive when team lets enemy take map control and rape us.... How many times does an animal have to repeat the same mistake until they learn? Less than 5 I'd say, but the average WoT player won't learn after 20 000 mistakes...

Latest battle: http://prntscr.com/ftgbrv

Team full of brain dead rats, why should I play? Is this the fun WG says we should be having? Only idiots playing this game and I seem to be one of them, but at least I don't play by banging my retard head to the keyboard like these 0 damage useless maggots...

Nokkeli #5 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18155 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH

You will get banned for inactivity if its something you do too often. 

View PostTsunamiFM, on 09 July 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

If player didn't moved for like 5 minutes in battle he should be automatically kicked out and get at least short ban (like 30 minutes) - it should help to reduce number of idlers.

I doubt it would. Why should anyone be punished if their computer crashes or internet connection goes down? You can't just go instantly banning people, repeat offenders do get punished.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22089 battles

I would imagine in most cases it's connection issues which can be seen as such as their on-screen name is a semi-transparent dull grey colour unlike a player that is actually connected and playing. As mentioned above you also get someone calling around and I get phone calls which makes me go full on zombie mode for that period.. some may also have a badly timed toilet requirement that needs immediate attention which I think is really for the best if they take care of that and of course there are players that don't really care much about the game and are distracted by a passing bee or whatever and off they go..

Edited by TungstenHitman, 09 July 2017 - 12:40 PM.

HeidenSieker #7 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 09 July 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

I would imagine in most cases it's connection issues which can be seen as such as their on-screen name is a semi-transparent dull grey colour unlike a player that is actually connected and playing.

Well! I did not know that. Useful to know.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66239 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSlind, on 09 July 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

Another battle ended 5-15 because team is full of people who idle. They drive into a position they can't do anything from and die there.

So they are not "idle" as such. Just bad players that guard base. Nothing new, and they won't go away either. You might not think it's fun. But they play it that way, and they have "fun" their way. And they are not violating any rules just because they don't play the game you want them to. Or because they sit in base. As camping is not against the rules either. Bad passive players will always be a thing. And it's not a bannable offense. Most of them are just kids. And kids have yet to be in the army, or watched the movie Patton to have your "skill" level. And kids is not a bannable offense either.

Idle is a bannable offense, if there is no key inputs at all. But moving into a camping spot to guard cap needs inputs. I'm sure you have noticed tanks blowing up at the end of the game. That's idle... if they don't press anything for a long time, then that might happen. Or if they leave the game early. But if not. Then game thought he did enough. If they are 100% idle for 4 games in a row. As in zero key inputs. Then they will get zero xp as a warning. And then they will get temp banned. As there is an idle system in place that works the same way as the TK system does. It was added after the bot wave of 2012. As you played since 2011. I'm sure you remember that there was a time when we had 1 to 2 idle bots in each game. That only moved the turret when there was an enemy near the cap. Thus the zero xp system was added to prevent them from idle farming. And they more or less went away after that.

_underscored_ #9 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 58344 battles
  • [DR3DD] DR3DD

Im sure picking up the ball with your hands, checking your email, or masturbating while playing football is fun too. But you would get banned from playing it. That's because the basic social contract of a team game is that you try to win with the team. It's beyond me why WG thinks WoT should be any different.

PowJay #10 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

I had such a special snowflake last year that I made a point of sending the replay to WG. If you don't watch the replay (or can't) the T29 went over the ridge to the east where he couldn't see or shoot anything. He made no attempt to play whatsoever.

WG support replied that players are "free to play as they choose."

http://wotreplays.com/site/3369512#mountain_pass-powjay-cromwell_b

ExclamationMark #11 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
I had a 'player' on my team with 44k battles, 44% winrate and 73 WN8 yesterday. Stock 7/1. Highway. Moves to A1 as soon as his botting program wakes up and stays there until he dies, doing nothing while getting shot at.

jabster #12 Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

Personally I think players like yourself are far more of a problem.

I would link to some of the OP's more interesting posts but apparently WG thinks this counts as naming and shaming.

Edited by jabster, 09 July 2017 - 09:16 PM.

G01ngToxicCommand0 #13 Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37465 battles

View PostExclamationMark, on 09 July 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

I had a 'player' on my team with 44k battles, 44% winrate and 73 WN8 yesterday. Stock 7/1. Highway. Moves to A1 as soon as his botting program wakes up and stays there until he dies, doing nothing while getting shot at.

Clearly Wargaming is perma banning botters and idlers very very fast....

Pansenmann #14 Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34058 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

earlier in my tanking career I thought to be useful in "protecting arty".

nowadays I die much earlier. :)

Chuwt #15 Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25801 battles

Assuming that any player that is inactive is doing it on purpose is very wrong.
1) The game crashes at times (I have only noticed this since 9.18)

2) Connection is lost

3) Massive lag prevents any activity, or makes it effectively random...

Maybe once in a thousand games I have gone AFK due to work phonecall or other serious reason (not having a piss, getting a sandwich etc)
Crashes maybe one in 50 games, loss of connection can be quite frequent or terminal lag can be every game in bad periods, just have to give up.

Homer_J #16 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTsunamiFM, on 09 July 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

I understand some random situations can happen (like the door bell), but I agree there should be consequences for long idling. If player didn't moved for like 5 minutes in battle he should be automatically kicked out and get at least short ban (like 30 minutes) - it should help to reduce number of idlers.

The only people you will punish are the ones with a genuine emergency which takes them away from the keyboard for a few minutes.  Deliberate AFKers won't care about a 30 minute ban, it's not like they were playing anyway.

malachi6 #17 Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49855 battles
From personal experience.  Most afk / bot claims are made by people that have just been taken out.  Glance at the map for the first time all game and see a tank near the rear .  That guy then becomes the bitter object of scorn and derision (And yes I mean I do it.).  If the ability to communicate with the entire team when dead was removed.  a lot of this behaviour would go away.

imendars #18 Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10983 battles
If they banned every idle player even you wold get banned for going for drink or loosing connection... and WoT would close down...    :trollface:

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #19 Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles

the horrific rascist post that the op, posted some time ago, I am surprised he isn't banned, that was the worst post I feel I have ever seen.

Mimos_A #20 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23986 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostNokkeli, on 09 July 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

You will get banned for inactivity if its something you do too often. 

I doubt it would. Why should anyone be punished if their computer crashes or internet connection goes down? You can't just go instantly banning people, repeat offenders do get punished.

If your computer crashes or your internet goes down it should be pretty simple for WoT to detect that you actually disconnected and did not just alt-tab back to the juicy pictures you were watching before you decided to press battle.

Besides that, even if your computer crashed or you lost internet connection, the current frequency of people being afk/disconnected/whatever is getting absurdly high, so for the sake of the sanity of people actually playing the bloody game something needs to be done. In about half the matches I've played in the last few days someone on either my team or the enemy team is just afk at the spawn, it's ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users