• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Squirting_Elephant #1 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9773 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

Warning: random rant.

Today I was like "let's play some Jagdtiger. I get face-2-face with a batchat 25t (I hate those medium autoloaders)... He SEVERELY outdamaged me in frontal combat.. Because... Med tanks having more boom than TD's the size of a house makes sense!

Some other games were I got bumrushed and well, no turret so free shooting me in the side and back because teammates dead and then there are those games where I get spotted across the map (open map, AGAIN Fiery Salient god I hate this map) and boom boom boom all arties all on me. Half hp gone, modules gone, crew dead... Yay... ZERO camo TD ftw.

Tank is decent sure. Especially with so many T8 battles.

But... It can not face off against T10's that have twice your alpha and tier 7's pen you all over the place (armor? what is that?) and even hull-down almost every shot pens. And if there is no type4/5 heavy to shoot for aty, I feel like the next biggest arty target. Also god forbid it a tiny tank just #@$@#$#@ decides to facetank my damage and then drive to my side. Hitpoint system abused... "Oh look a tank 20x my size and a gun 3x the size of my tank. Let's just facetank the first shot and then drive behind it"... Also TD's are more effective as a battery shooting from far away but a lot of maps don't really allow us. And even when you are allowed, you get spotted and artied to death.

I mean the T30 > Jagdtiger for me. Scouts really don't like facetanking that damage + it has turret combined with chassis rotation can scare off those annoying fast tanks. But the T10 version of the T30 looks so meh while the jagdpanzer E100 looks so yay. But this JagdTiger... Much better than AT7/AT15 but still sucks.

Also playing the T30 yesterday did not make me feel better. "miss, miss, miss, tracks (SERIOUSLY?), hit, hit)... That moment when you fully zoom in on side of enemy tank, miss 2x... Then get flamed by teammate on top of it all because "noob can't shoot"... Ty RNG... TY!

I'm gonna play another game. I'm too frustrated with WoT lately. So many weird spotting mechanics that nobody can reliably explain, so many RNG shots (pen, hit, damage roll) that greatly depend outcome for me and rng with teammates and rng with map and rng with $#$# everything... Damage RNG rolls on 750-1000 alpha damage is kinda nuts. RNG on damage & pen = pure annoyance.

Ohyeah and those 750 alpha shots or massive DERP guns from jap heavies and you fire on a lighttank and all you hear is "critical hit", "detracked", "hit their gun".... SERIOUSLY? When I hit a tiny tank with such a big explosion/bullet, it should flip sideways and the HE shells (which are a cone) are so nerfed in this game. I hit their gun and it sucks all damage into the void. Even if you have enough pen to go straight through his gun and into the tank (and perhaps into another tank even) the bullet just goes "poof, trolled".

Or hitting those $#@ parts that do not count as a hitbox for dealing damage... What kinda mechanic is this... I HATE you RNG for hitting this, really! my ISU-152 shot gone because RNG... 20sec of AFK time incomming.

TheJumpMaster #2 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 47615 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

A bit off topic: What exactly is a squirting elephant? About 20 years of military service has left me with a warped imagination, and I have bizarre images going through my mind.

Back on topic

Playing a TD without a turret is almost a skill in itself. You'll need to practice and work with it

Squirting_Elephant #3 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9773 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

An elephant that stands in a pool of water and squirts itself to keep itself cool from the hot sun.

Yeah I know (almost) every tank can be godlike in the right hands. But I get so frustrated when things just don't work out and when RNG also decides to hate me... Because RNG... I just lose it... And when you wanna play some feel-food-games with Scorp G or T30... even there RNG hates you... Meh...

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 09 July 2017 - 01:32 PM.

RockyRoller #4 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32406 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
So to me this justifies you saying your side failed as a team and left a TD open to being spotted, or flanked and made to look a fool. I agree, far too much spot for me, get damage for me, take the risks for me and associated junior adult mentality probably because lots of under 17s  do play going by my Clans roster.  Team = band of brothers.

Squirting_Elephant #5 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9773 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

Another example I had yesterday: I raced to a certain point in the map (in my Scorp G I believe) because I know people will come there and I get a free shot. They came, RNG made me miss my fully zoomed in shot on it's side again, the other tank however, going full speed, made a random shot and boom hit me hard + ammo rack... I felt so sad... I just was like... "to hell with this".

@RockyRoller that is not what I meant at all. Not gonna go into that.

qpranger #6 Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 32524 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OP reportet for obscene username.

Squirting_Elephant #7 Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9773 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

View Postqpranger, on 09 July 2017 - 12:40 PM, said:

OP reportet for obscene username.

Support must be like "oh another false report". They have seen my name so many times by now. Also other gaming platforms do not find my username obscene.

Could it be... QPRanger who is the dirty one? Nah his mind is 100% clean.

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 09 July 2017 - 02:19 PM.

ExclamationMark #8 Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles
Yeah, then don't.

Warzey #9 Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57073 battles

OP, I get the feeling that you got so frustrated with the game that you're kind of missing the bigger picture. 

First off, you should get rid of the "but if I hit him like that in real life he would totally be dead" way of thinking, it serves no purpose and it will only make you more frustrated.

You'll always lose against a tank with a turret in a close combat, unless of course you can finish him off with one shot. Now comes the part where you need to look at the bigger picture. If your front line team mates died and you just got wrecked by the clean up crew then it doesn't really matter, you would've died one way or the other. If you were too far forward with little support and you got wrecked by enemy fast tanks that means you got out played, it's not the tanks fault, it's yours, what you need to do is pay more attention so you don't make the same mistake again. The best advice I can give you for auto loading tanks is to get one yourself and then you'll see their downsides and you'll be able to use that knowledge to fight them more efficiently. 

What's really odd to me, you hate RNG and how it makes you randomly miss, critical hit or have a low damage/penetration roll, and yet you decided to go for a line that is influenced a lot by RNG. Just look at the JP E100, huge gun, horribly long reload, relatively bad accuracy, your damage roll will fluctuate the most (there's almost 300 damage delta) and when you randomly miss you can go make a cup of tea. On the other hand when you look at the Strv 103B for example, it has infinitely better accuracy, with a lot faster shells (so it's easier to hit moving target), it only does 390 damage per shot so the biggest delta is 100 and even if you miss or low roll it doesn't matter because the next shell will be ready in 5 seconds. Same story with T110E4 and T30, sure those two have a turret, but soft stats on both guns are so bad that you can only reliably hit something at medium to close range, not to mention that dpm is horrible on both tanks. 

Strappster #10 Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 24130 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 09 July 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

I mean the T30 > Jagdtiger for me.

JT reloads in 9.55s with vents a rammer which compares quite favourably to the T30's 17.59s, giving it a DPM advantage of 960hp. If you're finding the JT awkward to use with that advantage, I'd suggest you're doing it wrong.

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 09 July 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

Scouts really don't like facetanking that damage + it has turret combined with chassis rotation can scare off those annoying fast tanks.

Pretty sure most tanks don't like taking 750hp in one hit but if you think the turret and chassis rotation puts off lights, you're doing lights wrong too. Oh, and the JT traverses its chassis faster than the T30 by 4o per second.

ExclamationMark #11 Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostStrappster, on 09 July 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

JT reloads in 9.55s with vents a rammer which compares quite favourably to the T30's 17.59s, giving it a DPM advantage of 960hp. If you're finding the JT awkward to use with that advantage, I'd suggest you're doing it wrong.

Pretty sure most tanks don't like taking 750hp in one hit but if you think the turret and chassis rotation puts off lights, you're doing lights wrong too. Oh, and the JT traverses its chassis faster than the T30 by 4o per second.

Lmao, T30 is so superior to the JT it's not even funny. It has one disadvantage compared to the JT and that's the DPM and gun handling. 

You have, let me see, 93 games in the JT with 1400 average damage, and you are comparing that to a tank you haven't even played in.

Strappster #12 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 24130 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostExclamationMark, on 09 July 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

Lmao, T30 is so superior to the JT it's not even funny. It has one disadvantage compared to the JT and that's the DPM and gun handling. 

You have, let me see, 93 games in the JT with 1400 average damage, and you are comparing that to a tank you haven't even played in.

I'm sorry I didn't ask your permission to state my opinion but feel free to take your attitude and stuff it up your arse. :great:

Velvet_Underground #13 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 22243 battles

View PostStrappster, on 09 July 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

I'm sorry I didn't ask your permission to state my opinion but feel free to take your attitude and stuff it up your arse. :great:

God forbid that someone actually puts the worth of your advice in perspective:facepalm:

Edited by Velvet_Underground, 09 July 2017 - 05:14 PM.

ExclamationMark #14 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostStrappster, on 09 July 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

My apologies for calling you out on something you clearly are very experienced on.

Strappster #15 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 24130 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostVelvet_Underground, on 09 July 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

God forbid that someone actually puts the worth of your advice in perspective:facepalm:

Agreed but then I've never claimed to be an expert on anything, which I believe makes me a significant minority on this forum.

View PostExclamationMark, on 09 July 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

My apologies for calling you out on something you clearly are very experienced on.

Noted. Maybe you should think twice before posting so rashly next time.

gpalsson #16 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles
I have solved my dislike for playing tds, slow hts and spgs by not playing them.

Edited by gpalsson, 09 July 2017 - 05:34 PM.

Strappster #17 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 24130 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postgpalsson, on 09 July 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

I have solved my dislike for playing tds, slow hts and spgs by not playing them.

Careful, you'll have the Thread Police after you for daring to voice an opinion! :ohmy:

Squirting_Elephant #18 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9773 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5

View PostWarzey, on 09 July 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

OP, I get the feeling that you got so frustrated with the game that you're kind of missing the bigger picture.

Good post. I know. That's why I'll take a break. Frustrations are getting too high. Even random stuff starts to annoy me. And you are right about comparing it to reallife. This is an arcade game, not a tank sim. This is a bad rant topic but I feel better after ranting.

The reason I mainly like high alpha's on TD's is to discourage lights and meds from facetanking me. I have yet to see one facetank a T30. Also in cities high alpha TD's do better for me personally. I know TD's shouldn't be in cities but sometimes no choice. Another reason I dislike turretless TD's when I get bumrushed is that at most you get off 1 shot before you are totally flanked. Turret-tanks get off 2 maybe 3 shots if you have a lucky position before dying. That is a huge difference to me. Also it's less depressing.

I still have nightmares from my AT7 & AT15 grind where bumrushing scouts just facetank 1 or 2 shots and then flank me because my team died before I even got to the battlefield (20km/h ftl). I should have never grinded those tanks.

So why do I play them? Either to grind to a better tank or because I already had them unlocked from 6 years ago. Because grinding meds tier 6-8 is also pretty horrible. But the T10's are a nice reward.

Autoloaders have big downsides. The only good part about many turretless TD's is that they are supposed to be strong when facing enemies on long distances or fighting with an enemy tank with their front towards them (at least so I assumed). But that is somewhat often not the case. If enemies sidescrape and you don't have amazing accuracy, you can't fight them. If a scout has only turret sticking out (assuming it's a good turret), you can't fight it and if he can see you (even if it's across the map), you better run because that scout will beat you really badly in 1vs1 even w/o flanking and without arty. And if an autoloader comes, you also better run because you likely will lose the trade. If you are bot tier, you sometimes can't reliably pen not even with gold ammo, shooting at weak spots (yes I'm looking at you AT7 vs Type4)...

I still consider most turretless TD's (especially the big and slow ones) to be relics from the past that need rebalancing.

I unlocked the Jagdtiger 6 years ago. Back then it was a different game and this was a god-tank and you could not buy premium ammo with credits so if your LFP was covered, you were good. I was like, might as well go T10 since it's not that much of xp required now. I'm sad to hear that Jgdpzr e100 gun is horrible though, I didn't know that. And yes the T30 is VERY unreliable and it can be very frustrating. But it can fight somewhat reliably in cities.

Is it my fault for being dependable on RNG? I'd say when it come to tank picks, absolutely.

STRV is a good tip. I got one so perhaps that one will reduce my frustrations next time. But for now I'll play another game.

Edited by Squirting_Elephant, 09 July 2017 - 05:49 PM.

Squirting_Elephant #19 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9773 battles
  • [VIVU5] VIVU5
But why did they add such RNG to alpha anyway? And why did they not cap it to like +/- 100? I don't understand the reasoning behind this. It greatly annoys me.

Strappster #20 Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 24130 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSquirting_Elephant, on 09 July 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

But why did they add such RNG to alpha anyway? And why did they not cap it to like +/- 100? I don't understand the reasoning behind this. It greatly annoys me.

If you ever played tabletop war games, everything's decided on dice rolls. The game's a manifestation of that and those times when your enemy is left on 1hp balance out with those times when you land the high roll that finishes them when you're on 1hp.

I doubt I'd be as invested in this game as I am if it wasn't like that. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users