WN8 vs win rate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Nargar0th #1 Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8963 battles

Hello,

I wanted to hear your opinion on some of the things that are confusing me in this game lately.

First of all, I'm a new old player if that makes sense. I started playing in 2011, played for 2 years or so and left the game. I came back around 3 months ago, and I have noticed that a lot of stuff changed.

I have to say that the last time I played (in 2011) I was much worse player than I am now, I am noticing that based on the win rate and WN8 on the tanks I used to play a lot to farm credits with (tier 5-6) before I bought the premium tank.

Another thing I have noticed now, which wasn't that important (or did not exist) before is the WN8 rating.

I downloaded XVM mod pack and everything and I have noticed that I'm quite average player, then I thought why not try to improve my WN8 a bit. After that I started paying more attention to the game, equipping every tank I play, from time to time looking at famous streamers playing the tank I play - until then I just played for fun - and it slowly started rising - but the thing is, my W/R started dropping proportionally.

I am not sure why is this happening, there's no logical explanation, but you can look at it yourself : 

Posted Image

You can notice that when I had the biggest improvement of WN8 (13 June - 03 July) that's when my win rate dropped the most.

There's another thing that I do not understand. When I play my IS-4 I feel that I'm contributing the most to the team - very often I'm defending one flank against multiple enemies effectively, basically stopping the advance that would win the game for the enemy team, I've got the feeling that I'm the only reason the game is won in the end. But my stats in the IS-4 are abysmal, eventually I sold it because I needed the credits to buy T30. I'm good with IS-4, I'm good at what IS-4 is good at, but whatever I do in the game, playing the IS-4 is ruining my stats. 

Posted Image

What is your opinion on all of this ? Do you think the WN8 is not a good player skill rating system ? Looking forward to your answers, and sorry for the long post !

luciffer #2 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49295 battles
  • [DBWS] DBWS
One wasn't enough

0gata #3 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 52438 battles
  • [322] 322

first of WN8 is used by imbecls and arty and by no one else(if someone argue hes one of those 2)

wanna see whos good .. look at his PR and WR .. and only in tier 10 games ..anything else does not matter at all

for example u with barely 6k PR and 49% win rate in is-4 with average dmg of 1.7 k (which is worse then mine t6-7 tanks) u cant be good .. and btw 50% WR = AFK

u having a 49% WR in it means u do play against your team

Edited by 0gata, 10 July 2017 - 02:25 PM.

Nargar0th #4 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8963 battles
Sorry, somehow I managed to post 2 times. Can someone please delete this one? 

Suurpolskija #5 Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Wn8 and Wr don't necessarily correlate. Wn8 is something you can cheese if you just hinder your team a bit while if you wanna win, you'll have to carry your weight and occasionally carry your team too.

Carrying team and your own weight is not just doing dmg but doing dmg to right targets and being at the right position and holding/seizing it when it counts. Wn8 don't show that.

For me, solo winrate is probably more accurate metric of individual player skill than wn8, while I still think both matter at least to some extent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users