Old commander returning to the game casually

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

jamesdun #1 Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23261 battles

Hello all I am JamesDun old commander of BURR (hands up if you remember that clan) I have returned to the game after over a year of not playing it and I feel im ready for clan life again. 

I am 18 now if that matters

I am not entirely sure what I am after but here are some things that your clan should be able to work around

- Activity should be "ok" there needs to be a few people on around mid day 

- not to fussed about stats I used to be but not anymore I just want a bunch of oranges or bananas to play the game with.

-Real Life friends and work come first I dont want any strict deadlines. 

- You should be attempting clan activity (I can command (although expect me to be bad for a bit so I can get back into the swing of it))

What I can offer you

- Year old commanding knowledge

- A friendly member

- a Huge collection of tanks 

Thank you

JamesDun

Edited by jamesdun, 10 July 2017 - 04:26 PM.

Goldun #2 Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30860 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
PM sent

A_GIO_Rob #3 Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 56586 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Welcome to Bulldogs.

We are a friendly, welcoming, international Clan, always looking to add new members to our ranks.

Although we have some very good players in the Clan, our primary focus is to have fun whilst giving our opponents a good battle.

Player 'Stats' are NOT important, but a willingness to join in and have fun are.

We are active in 'World of Tanks', 'World of Warships' and 'Armored Warfare' and we hold regular 'Stronghold Battles'

at tiers 8 and 10 on most nights during the week, so there will be plenty opportunity for you to battle.

If you speak English, are at least 18 years old, have at least one Tier 10 vehicle and TeamSpeak, we would like to talk to you.

Please drop in for a chat and join us in a battle or two.

Our TeamSpeak details are: 85.236.100.96:11157 P/W bull

Please contact:

A_GIO_Rob  Clan Commander 

sandra1966  Deputy Commander

A1adinsane  Deputy Commander  

Vahakn #4 Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Commander
  • 7343 battles
  • [DIIN] DIIN
PM sent.

lotusblossom #5 Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31749 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

brt_6 is recruiting. We are an active English speaking clan which takes part in skirmish and clan wars most days. We share our teamspeak channel with our sister clans meaning lots of opportunity to play platoon games or just chat.

check out our recruitment page

http://eu.wargaming....lans/500062438/

for details

rustysprite #6 Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22103 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

James, you must know who we are ;)

Give me a kick if you want to know more

davop #7 Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7988 battles
  • [BTB16] BTB16
BTB16 CLAN IS RECRUITING IF YOU WANT TO JOIN MATE

jamesdun #8 Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23261 battles

I would like to thank every clan that sent me an invite even if I did not accept you or you hate the feedback you got from me in the following comments please accecpt my thanks. 

I have compiled a list of all of the advantages and disadvantages I have gathered from your recruitment posts, Talks, Stats sites, clan page and more and I have given each one a little comment. These are my personal thoughts so don't hate on me too much you never know I may get in contact with you again.

You can see my final decision at the bottom of the post

Note some of these reply's are more fleshed out as I did this in a random order

USAGI
- Contacted through my post
- First to notice my post
- Teamspeak
- Average WN8: 1253

Advantages
- Clan wars and skirmishes
- Not too serious
- big Clan
- High activity

Disadvantages 
- big clan

Improvements/ comments
For a long while in this recruitment thread it looked like I was not about to get any more offers and be fortunate USAGI offered me a place so I thank USAGI for being so active on the forum. in game those guys look a lot of fun with strongholds obviously being quite a big part of the clan. I liked USAGI they looked really good so good in fact they nearly filled the clan. I hope they continue and keep doing skirmishes and possibly open a new clan for expansion.

BULL

ELIMINATED

- Got given a spam message that I have seem happen for literally years now. nothing about this message was personalised normally I wouldnt be so mad at this but BULL have done this for years. They even did it to me years ago when I specifially said in the post NO SPAM MESSAGES.

Improvements/comments
Would love to say I did research but lets be honest when I saw the post I cringed a little inside I guess this syle of recruiting works for them but not for me

DIIN
- Known for a long while
- Average WN8: 1196
- I remember them being bigger

Advantages
-Know the commander from a while back
-Small clan

Disadvantges

- Very low activity
- No clan activitys

Improvements/comments

DIIN seems to have low activity  according to WoTCS and viewing a few profiles in the clan. Looks like DIIN is part of a far bigger gaming community however I am already a part of something similar made up of old BURR members and people I meet online I want to keep contact with. I personally advise DIIN if they really want to recruit for this game to get back into it themselves and try move forward with the clan gain some turf in the field of recruiting. I would say I would love far more infomation about DIIN maybe that might be a good idea to put in the PM you sent next time you try to recruit someone. all the best to this clan/community though they seem a good bunch

BRT_6
- Found via recruitment thread
- BRT_6 was around when BURR was
- Assumed Teamspeak
- Believe this was a spam message but I am letting them off as they are not BULL
- Average WN8: 1068 (Yellow)
- Quick tip link your recruitment page rather than your clan page when you say you linked the recruitment page

Benefits
- Active in strongholds and looks like they have attempted Clan wars 
- Big clan
- high activity of members
-Compulsory skirmishes 

Disadvantages
- Big clan
-Compulsory skirmishes 

Improvements/comments
BRT-6 is a good clan they attempt and make the best of things although this may of been a spam message (which you can see im against (see BULL)) however they do do strongholds which is a major thing to me. The compulsory battles do intrigue me I tend to AFK in the garage a lot mainly because I cant be bothered to close the game I am probably doing that now so will I get kicked for not technically being online?
I have had one IRL friend that was actually part of this clan before I believe However I may be mistaken (Going back a few years) nether-the-less

WJDE
- The dingers were found through my recruitment thread
- Known the dingers for ages 
- I belive BURR took a few of the old members in after they left and they were always nice chaps
- Average WN8: 1330 (green)
- assumed Teamspeak

Benefits
- Huge community with another clan part of it
- A meme community
- High activity of members
Disadvantages
- Huge community no room to see them grow
- Stronghold battles in the last 28 Days total 0

Improvments/comments
WJDE are a big clan that have known BURR in the past every members I have met has been polite and kind to each other that said having a big clan does make me wary one one side It means I dont have to be too active and can just enjoy myself on other games I play such as Black Desert online or play more single player games such as assassins creed on the other hand there is less of a  sence of community in a big clan as the commanders have to all the other members at the same time.
WJDE will continue to grow and may even make a new clan seeing as T-D-U is also basically full. The only problem with them is stronghold activity seems to be low.

-S4S-
- Found via recruitment post
- Unsure about activity of members from what I can gather they seem active enough
- Ex clan members of wolfen guild
- average WN8: 1163 (Green)
Benefits
- Small Clan easy to get to know the members
- Discord
- seem to be attempting strongholds
- the ability to help and watch the clan grow

Disadvantges 
- 8 members (Although talking to them this should grow)
- no stronghold battles in the last 28 days

Improvements
-S4S are in a uniqe spot close to my heart they are a new clan that seem to be growing although at a small rate. They have discord instead of Teamspeak which is far better in my opinion due to the amount of servers I am already part of. However as they are a small clan I think there is a lot of possibillity for everything to just fall apart on top of this they do not seem to be really active in strongholds which is somthing I miss dearly and is one of the main reason I am joining a clan

I loved -s4s and thoughroly think they will do well in the future assuming they keep up the good work

H0PE
- Contacted through game and spoke to
- Average WN8: 1039
Benefits
- medium sized clan
- Very polite commander witha clear vision
- Does not tend to care about stats and do not support people discriminating worse people

Improvements/comments
This clan is incredible they are at the stage where they are not too big but not too small they have ambitions and seem to care about each member which is a huge bonus. This clan impressed me so much I dont know if it was there recruiment strategy or just how friendly they were to me but I hope they keep growing as a team and clan.

BTB16
- Average WN8: 478

Benefits 
- Big Clan
- Meme community

Disadvantages 
- Big clan
- they do not seem to act too seriously

Improvements/comments
This clan is not for me it seems far to silly and there does not seem to be much organisation within it. that saidf I love silly clans they have less obligations and they dont care about ststs but the problem with them is i am after somthing semi-serious and this clan does not offer that to me. However I wish them luck

Final Verdict
I thought long and hard as you can see I was actually about to go for USAGI and had my mind on it all day but they were beaten by the latecomer H0PE they seriously impressed me and I loved the personal conversation I had with the commander. I wish all of you the best of luck

JamesDun

lotusblossom #9 Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31749 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

Hi James

Thank you for the constructive feedback, I have taken a the comments on board and will make a few changes. I will admit to having used a spam this time without personalising it due to me being in a rush (will remember to try harder in future). The requirement to take part in skirmish games has been clarified. 

Best of luck

Lotus

Edited by lotusblossom, 11 July 2017 - 11:24 PM.

rustysprite #10 Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22103 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Nice report James.... you will be a benefit to any clan you join

Yep... Dingers play for fun, so SH is not played much as most of the guys found it a bit of a pain. TB's are much more common and toon's are rampant

There is a strong community spirit in the Dingers, but we expect people to make an effort to join in and make the most of it. This is underlined with the Dingers forum and the competitions we regularly hold.

We did have a third clan at one point - TODGT (that one didnt go through) but we closed it down because it made things to unwieldy. We find 2 clans are more than enough for the gold shell supply we have ;)

Good luck for the future

Rusty

Firemad32 #11 Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 37047 battles
Thankyou for your kind words.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users