Epic Medals No Longer That Epic, Needs Tweaking And New Medals?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

There was a time where you I would see that yellow stripe beside my battle results and smile as though I'd bagged something rare and special to hang on my WoT digital wall but now it all seems too easy and somewhat discrediting the previous times where some of these Epic medals were actually difficult to acquire to a certain extent if like me, you never really played to get them but was pleasantly surprised when one was achieved through just playing as normal as always.

Every other battle.. kill two SPG only? hardly epic and getting laughable amounts of them

Kill 2 tanks that are at least 1 tier higher with a medium tank.. Epic?

Kill 2 tanks at least 1 tier higher with a light tank.. umm...

If I remember correctly the Pascucci's medal was kill 3 SPG, this was worthy of a medal but two? come on lol! I know the maximum number of SPG per battle was capped to 3 but it's not like seeing more than that was common before and in all fairness this is supposed to be an Epic medal after all

Kill 3 SPG in one battle, pretty much how Pascucci's used to be, a fair challenge then

Naydins Medal. Kill all light tanks, at least 3 so again a difficult challenge, 3 tanks and Epic lol

kill 4 tanks trying to capture base in one battle, pretty epic 

kill 2 tanks with a tank destroyer, hardly seems epic but those tanks have to be at least 2 tiers higher which is tough as bottom tier vs top tier and with the map reliance TDs have and also the current mm in which as there will only be a maximum of 2-3 top tier targets so you need to pretty much kill all the top tier tanks with your bottom tier TD.. fairly epic if a little campy 

Fadins Medal. Kill the last enemy tank with the last shell in the ammo.. pretty epic lol.. I got this with an IS of all tanks I think.. was sure I would have lots of these with the Hetzer and its 20 derp ammo capacity but never happened again.

kill 8 or 9 tanks. A little mean from WG in this regard to not make a distinction between the 7, 8, 9 kills tbh. We can all knock in 6 kills now and then but anything after that is by no means a regular happening, I kill 7 tanks every now and then with tier5> tanks yet have been, I won't say unlucky but usually an arty or LT kills the 8 and 9th or even 10th target or enemy SPG suicides and I've only got the one Radleys to date. Would be nice to get an epic medal for killing 7 too, I mean, that's a lot more epic than killing 2 bloody SPG and getting an Epic Pascucci surely? 

Kill 10 over tier5. Again an epic medal surely but again I think an 11th kill a 12th kill etc needs an Epic Medal all to its self and you cannot get these pre-tier5 and I get that to try and give new players a chance and discourage seal clubbing but 10 kills is still a really rare achievement for most players of any tier.

There are many more Epic Medals, Kolobanovs, Raseiniai and so on. How do you guys feel about the requirements for some of these Epic medals, should they be changed? are they ok? Do we need more? Are medals a good or bad thing? Are we better off without them? Is there other rare non-comical battle achievements need some sort of medal acknowledgment?

I say non-comical because there are some epic falls and rolls I have had before in which I have no idea how but survived the fall and rolled back onto my tracks.. I don't think me rolling 3-4 times down a hill and driving away gets a medal.. it was epic! but.. no... same as not needing to get a deep sea diving medal for crossing a river and drowning lol

Kozzy #2 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38497 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
Who actually cares about pixel medals?

Scabolcz #3 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13292 battles
If we only received credits or personal reserves with Medals... But no :(

Spurtung #4 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:50 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60054 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostKozzy, on 11 July 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Who actually cares about pixel medals?

You might be surprised and I can see why one would and wouldn't care. On one had it's just a game, lighten up and have fun.. ok. On the other side getting medals in games can be fun for lots of people.. this is ok too. I suppose what medals can and do bring to a game is they add an extra but of spice to a battle or like personal missions, can give an insensitive to try and do more in a battle when things appear to be taking shape nicely. For example, if I am on 5 kills I will push on to get the 6th and TopGun whereas I might not bother or care otherwise so adds to the fun sometimes

Edited by TungstenHitman, 11 July 2017 - 12:54 PM.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

General

• Player
  • 18345 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I miss the Camper medal:
Sit maximum 15m next to the red line without using any movement key for 5 minutes.

Condition: Lose a game. 
And the Dingers medal:
Fire at least half your premium ammunition in a game and ding half of them, only applies to a full premium ammo loadout.

Condition: Win a game.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 11 July 2017 - 02:48 PM.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostScabolcz, on 11 July 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

If we only received credits or personal reserves with Medals... But no :(

I find that with the "congratulations you have reached 10,000 battles" milestone type notification.. I'm like.. ok thanks but do we not even get a 2 hour personal reserve? nothing?? should be a free 24hr premium imo as a loyalty reward for playing the game

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostEnforcer1975, on 11 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

Is miss the Camper medal:

Kozzy #9 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38497 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 July 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

You might be surprised and I can see why one would and wouldn't care. On one had it's just a game, lighten up and have fun.. ok. On the other side getting medals in games can be fun for lots of people.. this is ok too. I suppose what medals can and do bring to a game is they add an extra but of spice to a battle or like personal missions, can give an insensitive to try and do more in a battle when things appear to be taking shape nicely. For example, if I am on 5 kills I will push on to get the 6th and TopGun whereas I might not bother or care otherwise so adds to the fun sometimes

So, conversly, you are saying that if you are on 3 kills you won't try as hard as, say if you were on 5 kills, to get an extra kill?  For the sake of some pixels on your scoreboard? If I am on any number of kills and the opportunity to get more kills comes about I will try to get those kills.  Being at 1 or 5 or 9 makes no difference to that. 

Here you go, you've earned this:

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostKozzy, on 11 July 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

So, conversly, you are saying that if you are on 3 kills you won't try as hard as, say if you were on 5 kills, to get an extra kill?  For the sake of some pixels on your scoreboard? If I am on any number of kills and the opportunity to get more kills comes about I will try to get those kills.  Being at 1 or 5 or 9 makes no difference to that.

Well if I am on 3 kills I glance and see if there is anyone else alive on the team with 3 or more kills and send a toon request so we can both get a BiA medal and if we have a lots of kills we get Crucial Contribution but I don't really care obviously however it adds a bit more fun to the battle which is why I play the game.. each to their own I suppose. It's like having 5 beers from a six pack you're just going to gun all six so when I am on 5 kills I do drive on and look for more but if the battle is comfortably won and I'm the other side of the map then I'd probably just do nothing and take a rest if I had nothing really to play for or gain in chasing another kill the other the side of the map.

Nice picture how long did that take you? I could show you a picture of something I feel you've earned but that would be just edited ;)

Kozzy #11 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38497 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

My point was: why would you stop trying to get more kills just because the kill count doesn't match up with an arbitrary number that rewards you with some pixel medal?  If you are concerned with getting crucial contributions on losses then just try to actually play well in every game, no need to 'take your foot off the gas', the battles are so short anyway. 

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 July 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

It's like having 5 beers from a six pack you're just going to gun all six so when I am on 5 kills I do drive on and look for more but if the battle is comfortably won and I'm the other side of the map then I'd probably just do nothing and take a rest if I had nothing really to play for or gain in chasing another kill the other the side of the map.

I rate this anology 5/7.  I'm not sure anyone will be able to decypher it though.

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 July 2017 - 12:18 PM, said:

Nice picture how long did that take you? I could show you a picture of something I feel you've earned but that would be just edited ;)

You said you liked pixel medals, so I was giving you another to add to your collection ;)

Solexi #12 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33137 battles
When the new patch with the medal changes came in, I earned the Lehväslaiho medal in the first 2 battles that I played. I now seemingly earn it every other game.

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

View PostKozzy, on 11 July 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

My point was: why would you stop trying to get more kills just because the kill count doesn't match up with an arbitrary number that rewards you with some pixel medal?  If you are concerned with getting crucial contributions on losses then just try to actually play well in every game, no need to 'take your foot off the gas', the battles are so short anyway. 

It depends, I mean this thread isn't about me or if I personally care to get medals or not. It's more of a question as to how these medals measure up now since that light tank/Arty patch and the fact that some of these so called "Epic" medals are no longer epic and need changing since killing 2 tanks is hardly anything epic especially two arty.. and since we're on the topic of Epic medals is there any other such matters WG could do with adjusting or adding more or less.. I mean there are some(branching off a bit) medals that are absolute garbage you get simply by taking a beating and others like "battle buddy" that is borderline ymca, and given we damage each other at the start from crashing into each other, is actually a rare medal lol.. but trash too.

View PostKozzy, on 11 July 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

You said you liked pixel medals, so I was giving you another to add to your collection ;)

Never said what I said was "Epic medals were actually difficult to acquire to a certain extent if like me, you never really played to get them but was pleasantly surprised when one was achieved through just playing as normal as always." but ya I suppose I do like to get certain ones if the game unfolds that I am in a good position to get one but I don't play for medals.. that said, if someone does, as I've said already, I can totally understand that too. I just think Pascucci's and few other Epic medals need an extra kill added to them and perhaps lose some if that's conflicting to do so.. and other medals could stand to get the boot while we're on the topic

WindSplitter1 #14 Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14279 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 11 July 2017 - 11:56 AM, said:

And the Dingers medal:

Fire at least half your premium ammunition in a game and ding half of them, only applies to a full premium ammo loadout.

Condition: Win a game.

I have a ton of Dingers medals. All of them won on my M22 Locust.

But they are made out of tin foil because the stocks are increasing and that's all WG could give me since most of the gold is moving between WJDE/TDU and WG's coffers :trollface:

8126Jakobsson #15 Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 60990 battles
Indeed some of them have lost value. Have gotten a couple of Dumitru since the change and after all those games longing for one it just felt..cheap. I'm not gonna propose a raise for arties per game though. 

arjun69 #16 Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 91755 battles

i posted a similar topic about 2 months ago.

consensus of the forum circle järc patrol;

what do you care? its only medals.

i do care because some of the medals are now worthless, no sense of acchievement from them.

in my case since the change:

pascucci from 106 to 160

orlics and levesh.... + 20 or 25 each

dumitru from 3 to 7 and tamada from 0 to 3

they should increase the difficulty to obtain those medals.

Edited by arjun69, 11 July 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Headless_Rooster #17 Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9067 battles
  • [W-UNI] W-UNI

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 July 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Well if I am on 3 kills I glance and see if there is anyone else alive on the team with 3 or more kills and send a toon request so we can both get a BiA medal and if we have a lots of kills we get Crucial Contribution but I don't really care obviously

Isn't that kinda devaluing the medal since you weren't strictly tooning when you reached the requirements? seems a bit odd moaning about devalued medals when you admit to that prctice lol I've never done it, but then I don't allow toon requests in my settings either, since they got so annoying early on (like 2 weeks into playing this game)

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 July 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

. It's like having 5 beers from a six pack you're just going to gun all six so when I am on 5 kills I do drive on and look for more but if the battle is comfortably won and I'm the other side of the map then I'd probably just do nothing and take a rest if I had nothing really to play for or gain in chasing another kill the other the side of the map.

I chase the last enemy down even if I'm on the other side of the map and half a dozen team mates are nearer, even tho it looks like I'll never get that kill you just never know :playing:  (spceially considering some of the teams we get lol) if we're tooned up in that situation, or in a skirmish battle, the TS is chogged full of people shouting mine mine mine (makes me laugh every time too... thinking of those cartoon seagulls rofl)

But then I stopped gunning 6 packs in my teens, if I want another I'll have one, if not I'm not really bothered there's a lone can in the fridge feeling lonely lol can't remember the last time I had 6 cans tbh, 2 cans of speckled hen is my hangover limit, I'm such a lightweight thesedays :teethhappy:

Edited by Headless_Rooster, 11 July 2017 - 06:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users