So whats the general opinion on Siege Mode?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Search_Warrant #1 Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

I bought the S1 on 30% discount as i really enjoyed it on a friends account (tho i dont know why....) as i found Siege Mode very limiting, in fact CRIPPLING!. Majority of turretless TD's are very bad in current meta but they all had 1 thing, "gun arc" that made them usable and if you needed to you could simply turn the hull with the gun arc on moving fast targets.

But Swedish Td's have 0 gun arc (or almost 0) and the worst thing i dont enjoy..is if im not in the Siege Mode i cant use my gun, at all. EVER. as it is mid mounted, doesent have a gun arc and will only fire exactly where the hull is located at the time (like a small dip = gun goes all over)

Siege Mode is used and then you get good accuracy and aimtime, turning does not break bonocs/net. you can use 11 gun depression and make yourself a small target, tho i get sniped allot even trying hard as possible to remain unhidden, the armor does literally nothing no matter the slope. only on S1 can it bounce 90mm calibers (haha screw you Patriot/Pershings), UDES can bounce 60mm calibers, which simply dont exist.

Now, when the teams are melting.. down to few tanks and its a standoff. this tank turns into a complete potato, you cant seek out enemy tanks as your view range is 350. camping dont work because your viewrange, again, cant spot anything coming at you, you are at the mercy of your team from start to finish. you cant brawl in Siege Mode as the backwards/forwards speed is the worst in game, it will break binocs/net doing this too.

This tank is a 100% pure railgun sniper with good camo. but anything this can do. RHM does better, its just as small if not smaller, almost same camo after firing (which is sad.. 15cm should have much less after camo firing than a 105mm) RHM dont break net/bonocs on turret turn and can always use its gun even while moving.

I feel WG dident think Siege Mode threw very much as it feels more like a hindrance than a posative. anything this can do. a RHM simply does better. i hope WG do something about Siege mode to make it more of a plus than a minus.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 11 July 2017 - 07:19 PM.

Eila_Juutilainen #2 Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21008 battles
  • [102ND] 102ND

My thoughts: I want a mod that changes the text to "Press X to make a campfire" and adds an appropriate icon.

((Serious response, it's clunky and should be less restrictive and more smooth))

Search_Warrant #3 Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 11 July 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

My thoughts: I want a mod that changes the text to "Press X to make a campfire" and adds an appropriate icon.

((Serious response, it's clunky and should be less restrictive and more smooth))

Indeed. the time between going in and out of Siege Mode Should be reduced to 0.5 especially for S1 as its not nearly as mobile as UDES. They should make UDES 90mm caliber immune (or 75) and make S1 100mm caliber immune (trade off for mobility lost and it has a larger cupola), there are too many high calibers to make the armor even remotely work. it should be better due to detrack = Dead. no gun arc to try defend yourself.

UDES is underperforming and needs fixing. S1 seems to be in a good spot but Siege Mode feels Super Clunky.

Edit: why does skorpionG have only 60 less DPM than UDES? its gun hits much harder and has a turret. cmon WG fix this.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 11 July 2017 - 07:29 PM.

Hedgehog1963 #4 Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50936 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I knew what I was getting when I bought this and the UDES. No valid cause for complaint.  Many player seem to be getting superb results, so it isn't the tank or the siege mode that is the issue.

Search_Warrant #5 Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostHedgehog1963, on 11 July 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

I knew what I was getting when I bought this and the UDES. No valid cause for complaint.  Many player seem to be getting superb results, so it isn't the tank or the siege mode that is the issue.

Not complaining as such. i just find it clunky and a minus to the tanks. when WG was supposed to make it into a "cool posative thing"

CmdPrompt #6 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30942 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
Using the siege mode properly is harder than playing lights properly imo. But once you figure out how to use it, it is basically a turreted td that can rape enemies hard. Good-ish in close combat, excellent as a sniper. Less than 10k left to the rhm so i can compare, but either way the true siege fun starts at tier 10.

Search_Warrant #7 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostCmdPrompt, on 11 July 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

Using the siege mode properly is harder than playing lights properly imo. But once you figure out how to use it, it is basically a turreted td that can rape enemies hard. Good-ish in close combat, excellent as a sniper. Less than 10k left to the rhm so i can compare, but either way the true siege fun starts at tier 10.

Found out the hard way if you use Siege Mode on a tilt you cant use elevation because your rear touches the ground fast. got destroyed. not happy about this loss.

Also Good-ish in close combat? its possibly the worst TD ever in close combat. it turns like a slug. detrack all the time and ur dead. this is THE worst thing EVER in close combat.

Edit: put these tanks in kharkov or himmseldorf and u should be allowed to just exit back to garage they are that bad.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 11 July 2017 - 08:43 PM.

Jeroenpeter #8 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26179 battles
  • [REBLS] REBLS
It's one of the hardest mechanics to be consistent in. Those who say: Go to nearest bush, press X and farm dmg obviously never played it. You will have to be looking at your minimap all the time to predict where the enemy will push trough, so you can farm dmg and try to help your team there. You always should be aiming to be the last one to die on your team. I really enjoy the S1 and Udes, both have slightly different playstyles. The Udes can do awesome climbs, and the S1 can bounce some dmg when top tier. The 103B could go with the meds, as it has more armor. Didn't really enjoy the 103-0 that much. Didn't really have the armor or speed.

WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 11 July 2017 - 08:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15544 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 11 July 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Gotta agree and would say the same for my Skorpion G.

CmdPrompt #10 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30942 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 11 July 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

Found out the hard way if you use Siege Mode on a tilt you cant use elevation because your rear touches the ground fast. got destroyed. not happy about this loss.

Also Good-ish in close combat? its possibly the worst TD ever in close combat. it turns like a slug. detrack all the time and ur dead. this is THE worst thing EVER in close combat.

Was talking about 103b in close combat, sorry, i forgot to mention. But it does have that armor quirk above the tracks that can make you feast on jpz tears. Also the heat screen is worth it's weight in gold, tilt up, peek so only the screen is visible, profit. Sadly none of these apply to any of the lower tiers.

Search_Warrant #11 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostCmdPrompt, on 11 July 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

Was talking about 103b in close combat, sorry, i forgot to mention. But it does have that armor quirk above the tracks that can make you feast on jpz tears. Also the heat screen is worth it's weight in gold, tilt up, peek so only the screen is visible, profit. Sadly none of these apply to any of the lower tiers.

Indeed, the tier 8+ need some of the tier 10 screening or simply a few MM more armor to bounce larger calibers. they dont exactly have blistering DPM for such below average alpha for a tier 8 TD. the maps currently just arent meant for sniping tanks. ether its Fiery Salient or go home at this rate. id love himelsdorf if i could use the castle hill and use the armor but it simple does not work.

Edit: 44.95%winrate on this after 153 battles. thats shockingly bad. I think the average player may not fair that poorly in this tank because the average player has no problem just sitting around waiting for bad guys to come after them. This tank is relatively okay for that (at least not much worse than other tanks). It's just for people that want to win games, it is utterly useless when you really need to push forward.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 11 July 2017 - 09:14 PM.

CmdPrompt #12 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30942 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
Guessing that's why they have ridiculous camo. Can't wait for overmatch to get removed, then i won't mind tomatos calling it op :)

Search_Warrant #13 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostCmdPrompt, on 11 July 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Guessing that's why they have ridiculous camo. Can't wait for overmatch to get removed, then i won't mind tomatos calling it op :)

Sigh just got penned by french arty for 700 coz u know arty fair and balanced. its got nerfed they said, shame on me for pushing forwards i guess. gotta redline chaisnipe with the camo or die horribly, overmatch was supposed to be removed when these tanks got introduced but people complained, IS-3 and such would be invincible hull down due to no more overmatch plate, same for T30/34/29 ect.

So these tanks have to suffer because them other tanks are overpowered by default.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 11 July 2017 - 09:48 PM.

leggasiini #14 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12459 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

They should rework Swedish tier 8-10 TDs like this:

- remove separate "siege mode" entirely

- extremely low bloom when stationary and turning (like 0.01 or so)

- keep camonet and binocs activate when turning the hull (like it does already)

- keep the ability to adjust the suspension. It works bit differently: you just point your gun up and down when stationary. Your depression and elevation are possible to use fully when stationary or moving very slowly. After certain speed, you are able to depress and elevate your gun less, and at certain speed, you are no longer able to depress/elevate the gun at all. If you have gun depressed/elevated fully, and you start moving, your suspension will automatically straighten the hull into the normal position.

Then readjust other stats so they are balanced.

This is effectively siege mode, expect you dont have to separately activate it; its automatic, and you can just moving. Its a direct buff no doubt, and thats why you should balance the tanks a bit according to that (atleast the tier 10, which is strongest of the 4 tier for tier, would need nerfs). This change would allow the tanks to play aggressively slightly better, but the gun stat changes would probably slightly nerf their capabilities at their best situation. This makes the Swedish TDs less extreme, more balanced and still very, very unique vehicles.

Edited by leggasiini, 11 July 2017 - 09:32 PM.

SlenderMoose #15 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 55403 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

Don't touch my camp mode...eh.... siege mode!

Edited by SlenderMoose, 11 July 2017 - 09:38 PM.

CmdPrompt #16 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30942 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O
Do you not have the regular siegers, only s1? The udes has one quirks that makes it somewhat useful in city maps.

erutrotti #17 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41530 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Can't complain about S1. Works quite fine.

Search_Warrant #18 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:53 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

One day im getting 2k+ every match or more. next i cant break 1k damage and dieing horribly.

Edit: just got a 3.3k damage game due to a VKB wondering why he couldent pen me...with a 90mm gun? i dident even know it could use a 90mm....

So inconsistant.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 11 July 2017 - 09:58 PM.

250swb #19 Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21727 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If you want siege mode to be 'almost' instant I think it only right other aspects of the tank are nerfed, such as the full value of a camo net while moving in siege mode, and reload time. I mean, you wouldn't want to come across as a 'winning whiner' and have your already OP S1 to be even more OP just so you do better in it would you, you know, balance etc.?

Edited by 250swb, 11 July 2017 - 10:00 PM.

FluffyRedFox #20 Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:04 PM

General

• Player
  • 22621 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 11 July 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Edit: just got a 3.3k damage game due to a VKB wondering why he couldent pen me...with a 90mm gun? i dident even know it could use a 90mm....

There's a part on the front that is 45mm, and the frontal plate above the tracks only counts as spaced armour

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users