Skorpion......what am I doing wrong?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Malakhi75 #1 Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24855 battles
I just cant make this thing work.......camo is so bad that if a team melts you're buggered.  You cant hold a flank without a decent scout and the ammo rack is made of cardboard.  I know my battle count is low (57) but seriously 37% win?  It has to be the worst decision I've made  in this game to purchase such a tragic tank.  If I could refund it I would in a  heart beat.  What the F**K am I doing wrong?

Edited by Malakhi75, 11 July 2017 - 11:20 PM.

Shnuks #2 Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37602 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Use mobility and play peak-a-boo. I usually go with meds and just slam stuff for 500 when they fire. No need to camp too much in it. 

Folau #3 Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15254 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Play the correct Scorpion - the M56 is clearly superior.

ellua #4 Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1160 battles

some useful tips in this video:

Edited by ellua, 11 July 2017 - 11:51 PM.

Slippyjim #5 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18800 battles
  • [ACE-] ACE-

this tank is phenomenal  150 games 64% WR and a 1.8 damage ratio its an all round lovely tank to play and the 100k every game is a nice bonus :D 

Radu_Korne #6 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27982 battles
  • [WEBAN] WEBAN

you've got blue-ish stats in it, so you're not that bad as your WR is telling us. 

you're shall not hold a flank ---> no spotters, run and relocate

camo wise, double boosh is a must. Do NOT expect that camo skills + bia + consumables will render you invisible, your camo ratings are horrible !

I only have rhm, which is a poor man's version... but that thing has awesome camo. Skorpion is more like a peek-a-boo mobile gun platform. Follow the lemmings, always!

Temid23 #7 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53233 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR
Your first cursed tank? Most of the players have this one (or god forbid more) tank that just doesn't want to win. It might level out after few hundred games. Don't give up :great:

TIGERMARK3 #8 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16476 battles
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR

View PostMalakhi75, on 11 July 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

I just cant make this thing work.......camo is so bad that if a team melts you're buggered.  You cant hold a flank without a decent scout and the ammo rack is made of cardboard.  I know my battle count is low (57) but seriously 37% win?  It has to be the worst decision I've made  in this game to purchase such a tragic tank.  If I could refund it I would in a  heart beat.  What the F**K am I doing wrong?

Well, considering how many complain about my stats, I might not be wellcome to start talking, but anyway.

I know how your experience with Skorpion must feel. I remember when I bought the RHM and lost almost every game in it without doing anything notable.

But, when it comes to playstyle, keep this in mind: you are a big light tank with a giant accurate canon on top. The most common playstyle I see on Skorpions is a passive-agressive style. This means play it either as a support tank peaking in and out of the action to avoid getting shot at or you can use your high mobility to get first in crucial areas where you can get flanking shots into the enemy. You seem to have 7dgrs of depression, so try staying close to areas that have ridgelines

Holding areas, as much as people might hate me for saying it, is not the job for a TD alone especially if you have high mobility and no armour. If you can run, run.

WindSpIitter1 #9 Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 277 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

(most) TDs shouldn't sit in the back where camo matters and this one especially shouldn't. This tank is godlike on the 2nd line about 50-100m behind a brawl, possibly with multiple lanes of fire, just putting out 490 alpha every time the enemy is on reload. Basically you want to trade, but you want to trade someone else's health. Bonus points for being an incredibly alluring target locking down people on one lane while shooting someone else. 

Basically it's about range and target management. You either need to be >450m away to not get lit on a snipe or you need to use that mobility to get in close and use cover and line of sight to get shots in. It's incredibly punishing if you get hit, but it's the most viable way to get that gun working. Basically play it like it's a paper medium with a poor aimtime. 

TankkiPoju #10 Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20270 battles

Do you have the max spotting range circle enabled in settings? Optimally you need to stay so far from enemies they cant possibly spot you due to spotting mechanics. Then GTFO as soon as it looks like enemies are going to push.

If team fails, you can target the low health enemies you can kill with 490 alpha, and trade with them.

BTW while Skorpion G does have terrible camo... it still has some. If you have a great crew already, camo skill isn't completely wasted.

MattTheMiz #11 Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20112 battles
  • [ARBK] ARBK
i am doing shamefully too, i prefer t26e5, lowe and EVEN pilot 1, camo is a cancer when you are one shot for jap derps or arty.... and you are a magnet for everybody LOL

JuliusCheddar #12 Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29469 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN

Small sample size, and skorpion is very awkward to play. 

It always triggers me when someone says "better gun than borsig!". It's not. You got bad shell velocity, weird shell arc and terrible dispersion values. Terribad camo combined with slow backward speed and turning rate of a boat. 

If you overcome these however, it may be a deadly machine and wreck havoc like nothing else. Especially that TDs are favored by MM and are often top tier. 

iztok #13 Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

I'm just guessing: maybe you're camping too much and you do damage when battle is already lost?

Or are you too aggressive? Your complaining about bad cammo suggest you need to learn safe spots specifically for the ScorpG, and that takes time and a lot of hits received. :(

BR,  Iztok

KillingJoker #14 Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostMalakhi75, on 11 July 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

Its like a tier 8 Hellcat... you have a powerfull gun for your tier, no armor, and some interesting mobility

You have to be smart, place the tank out of the enemy view range, since you have punch and acuracy to make misery of any enemy from very far....

the fact you are a big gun and, a big target and you have no armor makes you a priority target when spoted, dont let that happen...

i dont own a Skopion so i dont know what camorate vallues it have with a trained crew, but i by game experiences, there are many Skorpion players who know how to be  ghost snipers....

this guy shot from a spot without any bush.... entire game

Edited by KillingJoker, 12 July 2017 - 11:08 AM.

Rati_Festa #15 Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42756 battles
I always focus skorps, as soon as I see one I always load HE and see a lot others do the same. I hate them as enemies, the quicker they out of the battle the better. That's the Skorps weakness its reputation. ( Batchat 25, Skodas, e25 and Grilles in the same 'focus' pot for me ).

RockyRoller #16 Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32230 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

The armour is far better than most TD, I know how hard it is to kill using a T 8 tank!!!! it has a turret and gun with good alpha damage and accuracy only let down by a long reload.

So what are you doing wrong?

Being seen, being too far up, not running away and not being behind more easier targets. TD and SPGs are the only two classes meant to camp at the back, so if you are doing that maybe it might be what is your team doing wrong?

and

I think these show quite well how a TD can be played

Ba_nshee #17 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23106 battles
  • [TRIGG] TRIGG

View PostHeathLedger_, on 12 July 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

(most) TDs shouldn't sit in the back where camo matters and this one especially shouldn't. This tank is godlike on the 2nd line about 50-100m behind a brawl, possibly with multiple lanes of fire, just putting out 490 alpha every time the enemy is on reload. Basically you want to trade, but you want to trade someone else's health. Bonus points for being an incredibly alluring target locking down people on one lane while shooting someone else. 

Basically it's about range and target management. You either need to be >450m away to not get lit on a snipe or you need to use that mobility to get in close and use cover and line of sight to get shots in. It's incredibly punishing if you get hit, but it's the most viable way to get that gun working. Basically play it like it's a paper medium with a poor aimtime. 

This.

- Especially, when TDs have great mm nowadays. Bad players in T6-7 tanks love to trade with Skorpions for some reason ; ). They are watching you at the corner so they can (hopefully!) deliver 120-200 dmg. Well, let's do that boyz!

- You play a more active role than your opposition in the enemy team --> win.

- In general, everyone should forget this stupid "TD playstyle". That's not a playstyle.

- SPG is truly painful tho : (.

Edit:

Oh, and use Optics, Rammer, GLD, Cola; don't be a stupid cheap camonet memer after you just bought one of the best T8 premium tank (and gun) in the game!

Edited by straubbazsi, 12 July 2017 - 12:49 PM.

samuelx43a #18 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22049 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I dont have a skorp, but I consider myself a somewhat decent TD driver.

Lets look first at the chassis. It's a med tank one!

This transalates to a lot of mobility with a very good gun on it. So just like others said, this td has to be agressive, but not too much, as your armour is preety much non-existant.

Hope you get better battles in it!

spuriousmonkey #19 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 44154 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

I had huge problems with it in the beginning. That's because I like playing aggressively. Scout and such.

This tank is made for people who like the redline or be last in line.

But now that Shnuks has confessed to us that he likes to peekaboo with it, I am tempted to try that too.

Captain_Kremen0 #20 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37243 battles

View Postsamuelx43a, on 12 July 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

I dont have a skorp, but I consider myself a somewhat decent TD driver.

Lets look first at the chassis. It's a med tank one!

This transalates to a lot of mobility with a very good gun on it. So just like others said, this td has to be agressive, but not too much, as your armour is preety much non-existant.

Hope you get better battles in it!

Nooooo lol. I hate facing these things in battle almost as much as E25s

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users