• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

CaptainCombat #1 Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25131 battles
  • [BACKS] BACKS

Good day peeps,

Could anyone explain to me how the game decides when you turn blue and get banned as well as the ban durations?

I am asking this because I was just curious regarding the following:

I do accidently hit team mates, although hardly ever, does this accumulate over time and if it does, does this reset too?

Second question out of interest sake, lets say you have 0 credits and you enter a battle and you do team damage, obviously you need to compensate damage you have done to a team mate...will your credits go into a negative or what will happen?

Thanks in advance!

Captain_Kremen0 #2 Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36231 battles

Try reading one of the myriad other whines on "I got banned" for your answer; it's a lot quicker.

Theres one just above for convenience

Noo_Noo #3 Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 21559 battles

Wish I knew. I had a T49 take 1300hp off me yesterday and didn't turn blue. 

Gnomus #4 Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34471 battles
  • [ASEET] ASEET

It has to do with number of hits. One massive hit doesn't necessary cross the threshold even if it would do more damage than several smaller hits that can get someone autobanned. In addition doing damage in caps has increased importance.

Do enough team damage in number of times and you can get:

1. Banned straight away.

2. Turned blue in battle (and own tanks can kill you with no punishment).

3. Turn blue in garage, notifying to you that you are flagged as team killer and close to ban.

4. Have unseen counter tick up. If you do again team damage threshold is lower. If you do not do team damage counter will tick down in time.

Length of ban depends on your penalty history. First ones are short, like one hour. Next longer and so forward until permanent ban is coming your way.

Spurtung #5 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60179 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostCaptainCombat, on 12 July 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Second question out of interest sake, lets say you have 0 credits and you enter a battle and you do team damage, obviously you need to compensate damage you have done to a team mate...will your credits go into a negative or what will happen?

If you don't have enough credits, your tank doesn't get repaired and/or resupplied with shells (repairing the tank takes precedence), regardless of what got you into that mess.

Spurtung #6 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:03 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 60179 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostGnomus, on 12 July 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

It has to do with number of hits.

If you set an ally on fire, each tick of him losing HP counts as if you're hitting again.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62857 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNoo_Noo, on 12 July 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Wish I knew. I had a T49 take 1300hp off me yesterday and didn't turn blue.

It's not how much damage you do. It's how often. Basically your enemy vs friendly damage threshold. That is based on a % deal iirc. And not tier etc. As the higher the tier, the more HP obviously.

So normally it takes 3 to 4 shots to get blue IF you have a clean slate. Regardless of damage. So that not a KV-2 or a derp gun that has a slow HE shell speed, don't get insta banned when a scout drives between him and his target, after he fires at medium to long range. Take note that zero damage crits also counts. As in you hitting the tracks. So if you only do 2 hits that do damage, and 2 in the tracks for zero damage after that, you can still turn blue. As I've seen plenty get banned by going for tracks all the time, and did zero damage in total.

View PostCaptainCombat, on 12 July 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

I do accidently hit team mates, although hardly ever, does this accumulate over time and if it does, does this reset too?

It does reset as such. As in if you just keep racking up enemy damage to reduce that enemy vs friendly fire threshold. If you do turn blue, and don't do team damage, but just keep doing enemy damage. It will go away. But if you do 1 hit here and there on a regular basis. You will get banned in one shot at some point. As it does accumulate. But if you keep doing it, the threshold will not go down.

As for ban duration? iirc it's 1 hour, 24 hours, 7 days, 30 days and then perma as pr the last time they changed it. It was nicer before. And no.. does don't reset or go away as such over time.

View PostCaptainCombat, on 12 July 2017 - 10:22 AM, said:

Tbh, no idea. I suspect if lost credits from that game, nothing will happen. As the idea is to prevent you from making to much credits if you did lots of team damage etc. As you can't go into the red. If you can't afford a service "repair, ammo resupply etc", it just won't do it at the end of the game. And your tank will just be a wreck in the garage. Well that's how it was before. Not been "broke" for ages. So no idea if they have changed it.

Captain_Kremen0 #8 Posted 12 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36231 battles
As OP is too lazy to read any of the other threads on team damage I doubt he will be back to read this now his rant is out of the way.

CaptainCombat #9 Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25131 battles
  • [BACKS] BACKS

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 12 July 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

As OP is too lazy to read any of the other threads on team damage I doubt he will be back to read this now his rant is out of the way.

Wasn't ranting as you put it, and I do read the comments, but thanks for your kind input.

Oh and I was reading others before I posted, I just couldn't find any with the exact answers I was looking for but Balc0ra summed up exactly what I wanted to know giving me clarity on this. Thank you

PS. I have never ever gotten banned for anything, nor have I ever turned blue. Was just wondering, as we all try to learn.

Edited by CaptainCombat, 12 July 2017 - 01:09 PM.

MattieW #10 Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12545 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 12 July 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

why even make a second comment?  Just to add salt?

CaptainCombat #11 Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25131 battles
  • [BACKS] BACKS

View PostMattieW, on 12 July 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

why even make a second comment?  Just to add salt?

I have been a multiplayer pc gamer since the days of Heretic. You will always get salty people/comment, it's actually sad to think that a person comes to a forum to ask for help, but there is always a negative person or someone who flames you for posting something. Same crap, different game. Don't really care. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users