STRV 103 the new Arty or *edited*?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

MacD3rpington #1 Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13562 battles

Most people playing these are probably were arty players before.  

This tank is encouraging camping and nothing more. They go to 1 spot and not move for any reason. If you know some passages to hack the map, hack it, and hack it good, so if there is no arty, they cannot be killed. The best when they platoon up and you are 3 tanks down right at the beginning.

How stupid is this?

They have nerfed the hell out of arty, so people are not playing arty, buffed the super heavies, so currently there is no threat to the Types and Maus or the STRV. 

WG. Why don't you change the caused arty damage by Tier and class? It should not be that hard, to cause smaller damage on lower tier lightly armored vehicles to avoid 1 shots and slightly (HEAR ME OUT LOUD SLIGHTLY) higher on heavily armored ones?  Direct hit on a superheavy causes 3-400 dmg out of 3000? That's stupid. If it would cause 750, all of this reckless stomping would stop.

Beside of that set that MM as if there are super heavies and TDs there are arties too. Well I guess it's hard, due 70% of players stopped playing arty.

psychobear #2 Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18475 battles
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN

Will you stop using that goddamn disease word already ffs....

Ontopic: No, they didn't nerf the hell out of arty. In fact, they buffed it, instead of removing it altogether as they should.

Edited by psychobear, 12 July 2017 - 05:48 PM.

Hedgehog1963 #3 Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50191 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
But... but we've been told that siege mode makes these unplayable!

EvilThatMenDo #4 Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24742 battles
  • [S4] S4
Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 13 July 2017 - 01:05 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

ortega456 #5 Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 58086 battles

View PostMacD3rpington, on 12 July 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

This tank is encouraging camping and nothing more. They go to 1 spot and not move for any reason. If you know some passages to hack the map, hack it, and hack it good, so if there is no arty, they cannot be killed. The best when they platoon up and you are 3 tanks down right at the beginning.

How stupid is this?

They have nerfed the hell out of arty, so people are not playing arty, buffed the super heavies, so currently there is no threat to the Types and Maus or the STRV. 

WG. Why don't you change the caused arty damage by Tier and class? It should not be that hard, to cause smaller damage on lower tier lightly armored vehicles to avoid 1 shots and slightly (HEAR ME OUT LOUD SLIGHTLY) higher on heavily armored ones?  Direct hit on a superheavy causes 3-400 dmg out of 3000? That's stupid. If it would cause 750, all of this reckless stomping would stop.

Beside of that set that MM as if there are super heavies and TDs there are arties too. Well I guess it's hard, due 70% of players stopped playing arty.

WG just created a vehicle - swedish t8-t10 TDs - that are really good on a few maps and really freaking crapon the rest of most of corridor maps. WG enforces those TDs to do the exact one thing: camping redline. Flawed by design and this stupid siege mode besides no armor forces players to stay back because one mistake, one push and you're potentially dead by most tanks that you encounter...

Warzey #6 Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 56291 battles
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE

View PostMacD3rpington, on 12 July 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

How stupid is this?

I'm not sure what are you getting at. Strv is tricky to deal with once it is in a strong position and has someone to spot for it, but you could say the same thing about any tank, Kranvagn and IS-7 are very strong once hull down, T110E3 is very strong in a corridor and so on. 

Arty was not nerfed, it's way better than it was and you have way more influence on the outcome of the battle. 

HeidenSieker #7 Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostWarzey, on 12 July 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

Arty was not nerfed, it's way better than it was and you have way more influence on the outcome of the battle. 

But the damage it does was nerfed, wasn't it, as was usable ammunition types

Now, it's the stun which enables more influence on the battle progress, that is if team members take advantage of it!

By the way, what's your understanding of the sentence: "Increased the amount of earned experience and credits for causing damage to stunned enemy vehicles by 20%" in the "Changes to the SPG vehicle type" section of: https://worldoftanks...e-announcement/ ?

I'm hoping it means all vehicles get more XP from damaging stunned vehicles, but the position of the wording and indeed the wording itself is ambivalent.

Warzey #8 Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 56291 battles
  • [XEQTE] XEQTE

View PostHeidenSieker, on 12 July 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Now, it's the stun which enables more influence on the battle progress, that is if team members take advantage of it!

By the way, what's your understanding of the sentence: "Increased the amount of earned experience and credits for causing damage to stunned enemy vehicles by 20%" in the "Changes to the SPG vehicle type" section of: https://worldoftanks...e-announcement/ ?

I'm hoping it means all vehicles get more XP from damaging stunned vehicles, but the position of the wording and indeed the wording itself is ambivalent.

Dropping random +1000 damage bomb shells on tanks was [edited]to begin with. Arty was changed to be more consistent (which was the biggest problem with the old arty) and single target damage was nerfed in favor of more splash damage plus there's an added stun effect. With old arty being annoying for both arty player and people on the receiving end, you can't honestly say that recent changes were a straight up nerf.  

As for the experience, you as an arty will get more experience and credits for damaging already stunned enemies, at least that's how I understood it. If they wanted to buff the amount of experience and credits you get from stunning enemies it would probably say "Increased the amount of earned experience and credits for damage caused to stunned enemy vehicles by 20%".

MacD3rpington #9 Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13562 battles

View PostWarzey, on 12 July 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

I'm not sure what are you getting at. Strv is tricky to deal with once it is in a strong position and has someone to spot for it, but you could say the same thing about any tank, Kranvagn and IS-7 are very strong once hull down, T110E3 is very strong in a corridor and so on. 

I'm getting to the point, that even good players are camping the whole game at the side of the map and only move if the game is lost and charge out yolo style, never the less what's the game's status. Usually I see a 2 piece UDES or STRV platoon hugging together in an elevated position and harvesting damage if they can. If not, than not, Would not move for anything. WG cretaed a TD which 70% breaks the team they are on, or makes it godlike in a map suits it. That1s pretty stupid.

The only thing they should do to arty is to remove the stupid AP shells 1 shotting tanks. if you are good with HE and know where to shoot you can still 1 shot tanks, but the effect on superheavies is not enough. it does not shoot faster it is not more accurate IMHO but has a larger blast radius, that's all and less splash damage. 

imendars #10 Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10939 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWarzey, on 12 July 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Dropping random +1000 damage bomb shells on tanks was [edited]to begin with. Arty was changed to be more consistent (which was the biggest problem with the old arty) and single target damage was nerfed in favor of more splash damage plus there's an added stun effect. With old arty being annoying for both arty player and people on the receiving end, you can't honestly say that recent changes were a straight up nerf.  

As for the experience, you as an arty will get more experience and credits for damaging already stunned enemies, at least that's how I understood it. If they wanted to buff the amount of experience and credits you get from stunning enemies it would probably say "Increased the amount of earned experience and credits for damage caused to stunned enemy vehicles by 20%".

I think its when teammates damages target stunned by arty. Arty cant shoot another stunned tank cause arty doesn't fire every 5 seconds...

CmdPrompt #11 Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29586 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O

View PostHeidenSieker, on 12 July 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

So i'm the only one that does almost twice the average pre "nerf" damage?

View PostMacD3rpington, on 12 July 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Yeah, getting 1000 dmg in one hit is no threat at all. What have you been smoking? (send me some pls)

RockyRoller #12 Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28288 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

the Strv encourages goating rather than just camping.

Video guides encourage peek a boo camping and let the other guy spot for me because that gives you the biggest chance of the most credits!

IncandescentGerbil #13 Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
I don't see a difference, in most cases, between TD players and arty players. Both are equally likely to plod to their favourite camping spot on any given map, and only move when it is too late. Both play tanks which, more than ever, promote the camping gameplay that everyone claims to despise. Games with 5+ Tds and a couple of SPGs are usually terrible.

MacD3rpington #14 Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13562 battles

View PostCmdPrompt, on 13 July 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

Yeah, getting 1000 dmg in one hit is no threat at all. What have you been smoking? (send me some pls)

Dude send me some stuff that you smoke too.  Which arty do you do better now than before? I rarely play arties but in the M53/55 my average on a proper map was north of 3k avg. Now I'm extremely lucky to reach 3k  which means I hit a light tank or a lightly armored medium for 700-900.

The point is, that arties will focus on lightly armored targerts to get the dmg, instead of heavies and that's really f00ked up..

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 13 July 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

I don't see a difference, in most cases, between TD players and arty players. Both are equally likely to plod to their favourite camping spot on any given map, and only move when it is too late. Both play tanks which, more than ever, promote the camping gameplay that everyone claims to despise. Games with 5+ Tds and a couple of SPGs are usually terrible.

In an arty if you don't move after each shot you are dead in 30 seconds. Arties can be spotted by shot trails. TD just sit tight and camp.

PointZero #15 Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41647 battles

View PostMacD3rpington, on 13 July 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

I'm getting to the point, that even good players are camping the whole game at the side of the map and only move if the game is lost and charge out yolo style, never the less what's the game's status. Usually I see a 2 piece UDES or STRV platoon hugging together in an elevated position and harvesting damage if they can. If not, than not, Would not move for anything. WG cretaed a TD which 70% breaks the team they are on, or makes it godlike in a map suits it. That1s pretty stupid.

With Udes you have 1000hp which is the 2nd lowest non-spg healthpool of tier 8 and armor that gets overmatched by every +61mm gun, for comparison sake a Cromwell that is a 2 tiers lower Medium tank uses a 75mm gun. Now you are in a game where a KV-2 will hit you for 800-900, tier 7 heavies will hit you for 390, tier 9's will take away half your hp with 1 hit and your equal tier has plenty of Skorpion G's, Rhm.Borsigs and ISU-152's lurking in the bushes ready to punish you for that 1 mistake you made. You also have 350 viewrange and 2s setup for siege mode before you can even dream on returning fire and if they are healthy... good luck trying to evade with 5km/h and nonexistent armor.

A good player will get to a good initial position and then move up with the team because that's where the dmg is going to be. He won't flank alone because the Udes is extremely vulnerable but he might do it with medium support. An average player will know the good locations on the map, choose one of them and propably stay there longer than they should but will eventually move. A bad player goes to the spot they always go and sits there glued to that spot. Anyone with any experience with the Udes knows how fast you die if you try to push with no support.

Lets assume you still decided to push with the Udes and run into a tier 7 medium the Comet that has been camping in the most illogical spot the entire game for reasons. The Comet could easily track you or simply get close enough to circle you with ease but lets assume he simply autoaims and then sits still in front of you. With average rolls the Udes has to shoot 3 times, so that is 2s to set up siege mode & 19,76s for the reloads. The Comet will be able to shoot you back 6 times dealing 840dmg. Now replace the comet with 2 LT's and a medium or medium backed up by 2 TD's and you get why the Udes is purely a Sniper and should always play for the ambush unless there is people spotting for you.

View PostMacD3rpington, on 13 July 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

The only thing they should do to arty is to remove the stupid AP shells 1 shotting tanks. if you are good with HE and know where to shoot you can still 1 shot tanks, but the effect on superheavies is not enough. it does not shoot faster it is not more accurate IMHO but has a larger blast radius, that's all and less splash damage. 

Arty HEAT & AP shells were removed in 9.18 apart from premium Lefe and Sexton I. Also they buffed the accuracy and reload while nerfing the penetration of the standard HE shells and if you have any understanding on how the splash mechanics works you will know how lower HE pen affects splash dmg.

jack_timber #16 Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31243 battles

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 13 July 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Games with 5+ Tds and a couple of SPGs are usually terrible.

Well I play TDs and Arty and totally agree... No more than 1 Arty and 2 or 3 TDs per battle. 

Zorbiitti #17 Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19382 battles
Oh, every time I meet those swedish tds in my object 704 my face goes onto automatic smile mode..

HeidenSieker #18 Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostMacD3rpington, on 13 July 2017 - 09:58 AM, said:

I rarely play arties but in the M53/55 my average on a proper map was north of 3k avg. Now I'm extremely lucky to reach 3k  which means I hit a light tank or a lightly armored medium for 700-900.

You need to revise your play-style then.

View PostCmdPrompt, on 13 July 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

Perhaps your play was not very good before, and has improved.

What SPGs do you play, and how much do you play them? Also, perhaps you could put up a couple of illustrative replays.

Edited by Jahrakajin, 13 July 2017 - 02:07 PM.

MacD3rpington #19 Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:44 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13562 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 13 July 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

You need to revise your play-style then.

Can you tell us that SPG you mentioned?

ExclamationMark #20 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

View Postpsychobear, on 12 July 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Will you stop using that goddamn disease word already ffs....

What, cancer? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users