Change Arty mechanics and fix it for good!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32171 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I dont care if you will close this topic, i wont rest till you fix arty or remove it from good...

currently arty is more broken than before, becuase if before arty would kill you in a lucky shot, now they dont need to be lucky

to hit players on the move, track them, make them lose a heavy 1 vs 1 engagement because your being stunned and your reload and mobility

goes terrible forcing you to waste med kits to be competitive and repairs..

Arty is having too much impact assault games and encounter modes, because if a player tryies to advance despite being focus allready by camped Td's and even Heavy tanks it still have to deal with Arty taking his tracks off, being stunned to death...

Just check out the statistics of maps like sand river assault, whats the winning rate of the assault i wonder? it must be pretty low....

Arty problem was never the fact they could kill you with one shot... it was the fact they could due to RNG be lucky and hit a tank on the move

and take it out...

If the purpose of the arty in this game is to dig out tanks in defensive role, either Td's or hull down vehicles, than why dont you simply

give arty a 10 seconds delay between clicking and the shot actaully hit the target? if the purpose of arty is to hit static targets, that wont make a difference, but it would stop them from doing what they do currently, because you gave them better acurracy and reload times....

Or perhaps the developers of this game dont know what Arty focus is... perhaps they are just casual players who dont fully realize about this problem.... last time i checked my other arty topic was closed someone who had 500 games only... how come a person who is moderating a game forum only have 500 games? what knoledge or sensitivity about the game a guy with 500 games can have to judge topics and analise its content??

Fix the arty... trade things, give them again the possibility of one shot targets, but this time, make sure they will only kill a player who stays in the exact same place for 20 seconds, or something like that...

I am pretty sure that arty players who are good, wouldnt mind of having 10 second delay shots, if they could one shot targets, no one would complain about being taken by arty if the mechancis required actually skill to hit someone with that lag between click and damage.

But this thing of arties being focus on the players who move, or spot, or do something to try to win the game is just wrong... it rewards campers, because arty wont be focus on them as they are in the back... and as they cant one shot anyone anyway, they focus on the best players, becuase its what best serv their interest to win. 

FIX IT.

BigFellas_Dad #2 Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41129 battles
Yes, arty needs a penetration buff, totally agreed arty is broken now.

KillingJoker #3 Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32171 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostBigFellas_Dad, on 13 July 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

Yes, arty needs a penetration buff, totally agreed arty is broken now.

Arty needs to be a 1 shot kill mechanics... thats what they need to do, and its ok if they can one shot kill but only at very statical targets...

Tank destroyers who are sit in strong points, hull down heavies, who are blocking roads or areas... that makes sense... 

but to avoid arty use that power to punish agressive and mobile vehicles, they need to give it a lag of 10 seconds after the player clicks...

in real life arty shots took long times to aim and wasnt anything like firing a tank gun.... it was a completely different type of machine, the purpose of arty

was more to kill stacionary infantary platoons or strong holds, it was never meant to hit moving tanks... otherwise, they would build arties ratter than Tank Destroyers...

Wot should work like this:

Light Tanks Kill arty > Arty Kills Tank Destroyers > Tank Destoyers kill heavies.... 

And if you notice, the fact that arty is now basicly an anoying support vehicle, and its not a one shot kill, it also reduces the apeal for light tanks of doing sneaky spoting gmaeplay...  behind enemy lines to spot the other arties or camped Td's...

the fact arty is broken and wrong in terms of mechanics, not only affects heavy tanks, but affects the other classes aswel...

Currently is too easy to play Tank destroyers... arty is focus all the time in heavy tanks... even light tanks,as they can hit them as well on the move....

Tank destroyers with very good camorating are dominating the game now... people is even starting to feel anoyed about STRV's and UDES etc 

HeidenSieker #4 Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 13 July 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Or perhaps the developers of this game dont know what Arty focus is... perhaps they are just casual players who dont fully realize about this problem....

Aha! Yet another XVM in-game stats complaint.

View PostKillingJoker, on 13 July 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

And if you notice, the fact that arty is now basicly an anoying support vehicle, and its not a one shot kill, it also reduces the apeal for light tanks of doing sneaky spoting gmaeplay...  behind enemy lines to spot the other arties or camped Td's...

No, I disagree with that. Who do you think LTs often scout FOR?

View PostKillingJoker, on 13 July 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

Fix the arty... trade things, give them again the possibility of one shot targets, but this time, make sure they will only kill a player who stays in the exact same place for 20 seconds, or something like that...

I am pretty sure that arty players who are good, wouldnt mind of having 10 second delay shots, if they could one shot targets, no one would complain about being taken by arty if the mechancis required actually skill to hit someone with that lag between click and damage.

FIX IT.

I'd object to being only able to shoot targets which have been stationary for 20 seconds, as well as having a 10 second shell travel time. What ridiculous ideas.

How about having the same for TDs, eh? Yeah, right.

No, I don't care about "not one-shotting targets". WG have reduced this very dramatically, and it's good, as is the stun effect, which makes the SPG a proper support vehicle. Good to play and be against.

In short, SPGs are very much FIXED.

Jahrakajin #5 Posted 13 July 2017 - 12:48 PM

View PostKillingJoker, on 13 July 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

I dont care if you will close this topic

Ok, in this case I'll have the honor of closing the Thread.

As far as Artillery discussions go, we would prefer using following Thread:
 http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/624974-update-918-spg-changes-feedback/

Since otherwise the Gameplay section gets flooded with double/triple/multiple Threads for the same topic.

Thanks for your understanding.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users