Adding to the fair play policy - that is if WG really wants to keep things fair

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

rado84 #1 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18693 battles

It's a good thing that WG has an anti-cheat policy - it was about time to have one. But there are many more things that can be done - if WG really wants to keep things fair and it's not just "dust in the eye", just to make us think they actually care about anything.

Here are the things that can make things really fair not just in words:

• Make gold ammo buyable only with gold.

• Make gold ammo price 120 gold per piece for all tiers.

• Rework all the maps with mountains and make these mountains with high vertical walls, so that no one can climb them. That's an exploit abuse of map flaws for own advantage over other players and should be illegal. There's even mod which shows you all the routes where you can climb mountains (which I reported last night and still waiting for a response about its fate).

The next 2 are to do either one of them:

• Make the game in such a way that a mod can be installed only if it was digitally signed as approved by WG. If an attempt to install a not approved mod is made, the game to send reports to WG for them to take the proper measures.

• Make an anti-cheat system similar to GameGuard many MMORPG games have, altough the latter one would be hard, since the mods are not exactly a separate program running in the background.

And yes, while WG keeps claiming they have a "system" which tracks bad mods, we all know that's a lie. Because if there were such a system and it actually worked, I wouldn't be seeing a constant proof in battle that it doesn't work or doesn't exist.

Spoiler

Edited by rado84, 13 July 2017 - 02:22 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64443 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

WG has a mod site on RU to test such stuff out. It's been around since may. It's kinda like Steam workshop if you will. As iirc, all mods are logged with a key to make them work that the client checks out. But it's still in the "alpha" stage of testing, and still only for RU. But you could stay it's stage one for their bigger plan regarding mods. But as it's WG... it's eta is "Soon™" as pr usual.

spamhamstar #3 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View Postrado84, on 13 July 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

It's a good thing that WG has an anti-cheat policy - it was about time to have one. But there are many more things that can be done - if WG really wants to keep things fair and it's not just "dust in the eye", just to make us think they actually care about anything.

• Rework all the maps with mountains and make these mountains with high vertical walls, so that no one can climb them. That's an exploit abuse of map flaws for own advantage over other players and should be illegal. There's even mod which shows you all the routes where you can climb mountains (which I reported last night and still waiting for a response about its fate).

• Make the game in such a way that a mod can be installed only if it was digitally signed as approved by WG. If an attempt to install a not approved mod is made, the game to send reports to WG for them to take the proper measures.

• Make an anti-cheat system similar to GameGuard many MMORPG games have, altough the latter one would be hard, since the mods are not exactly a separate program running in the background.

And yes, while WG keeps claiming they have a "system" which tracks bad mods, we all know that's a lie. Because if there were such a system and it actually worked, I wouldn't be seeing a constant proof in battle that it doesn't work or doesn't exist.

Spoiler

So your idea to make the game fairer is to make it more pay to win?  If gold ammo is only available to those that pay real money for it then you are only penalising those that don't spend any money.  I fail to see how this could be considered fairer.  Again pricing prem ammo in such a way that no one in their right mind would use it, is just removing prem ammo, which is currently available to everyone & so is currently fair.

Everyone currently has an equal ability to climb mountains, so again I'm not sure how this is either unfair or cheating.

I'm not sure that we do all know that WG are lying about having a system for checking for banned mods.  Given the following was published on 6th July:

• RU. Warning and 7 day ban: 8,757; Perma ban: 3,579.
  • EU. Warning and 7 day ban: 1,625; Perma ban: 605.
  • NA. Warning and 7 day ban: 184; Perma ban: 61.
  • SEA. Warning and 7 day ban: 131; Perma ban: 39.

I wonder how they all got banned?

As for your spoiler?  You seem to be missing the link to the replay to prove beyond doubt that there really was some cheating going on.  Sounds suspiciously like you got counter artied given the 3 second delay.  You do know you can see enemy arty shell tracers right?

douglarse #4 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56492 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

So basically you are crying because you cannot climb or make enough credits for prem ammo then?

Homer_J #5 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postrado84, on 13 July 2017 - 02:20 PM, said:

Make wallet warriors great again!

Kozzy #6 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postspamhamstar, on 13 July 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

So your idea to make the game fairer is to make it more pay to win?  If gold ammo is only available to those that pay real money for it then you are only penalising those that don't spend any money.  I fail to see how this could be considered fairer.  Again pricing prem ammo in such a way that no one in their right mind would use it, is just removing prem ammo, which is currently available to everyone & so is currently fair.

Everyone currently has an equal ability to climb mountains, so again I'm not sure how this is either unfair or cheating.

I'm not sure that we do all know that WG are lying about having a system for checking for banned mods.  Given the following was published on 6th July:

As for your spoiler?  You seem to be missing the link to the replay to prove beyond doubt that there really was some cheating going on.  Sounds suspiciously like you got counter artied given the 3 second delay.  You do know you can see enemy arty shell tracers right?

I agree with most of what you said, except for the bit in bold.  Some maps are only really useful for climbing for one team.  Sacred valley for example is very strong for the north spawn.  Unless maps are built WITH and balanced (partly) around climbing, I think it should just be disabled.

spamhamstar #7 Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostKozzy, on 13 July 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

I agree with most of what you said, except for the bit in bold.  Some maps are only really useful for climbing for one team.  Sacred valley for example is very strong for the north spawn.  Unless maps are built WITH and balanced (partly) around climbing, I think it should just be disabled.

I agree, but my point is that being able to climb mountains in itself is not unfair.  Presumably you'll get the north spawn on Sacred valley as often as anyone else will.  I think the problem came from most maps being designed before they redid the physics & I assume they have no map designers left seeing as we get no new maps.

panter22 #8 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14991 battles
There is no fair play policy in this game it was only propaganda lies talk from WG and players a to blind to see that

Kozzy #9 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postspamhamstar, on 13 July 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

I agree, but my point is that being able to climb mountains in itself is not unfair.  Presumably you'll get the north spawn on Sacred valley as often as anyone else will.  I think the problem came from most maps being designed before they redid the physics & I assume they have no map designers left seeing as we get no new maps.

Map balance does not work like that, if it did then maps which have been removed in the past (because one side had more of an advantage than the other side) would not have been removed.  Could you imagine (making a bit of an extreme comparison here) if there was a map where one side won, on average, 80+% of the time?  People would not be happy with that and say "well I guess we all get to be on the 'winning' side of that map as much as the losing".  Maps need to be balanced in a way that the starting position is not the defining factor in the outcome.

Eaglax #10 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18973 battles

View Postrado84, on 13 July 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Spoiler

replay? you do know that your tracers in the arty are visible for the enemy arty?

Edited by Eaglax, 13 July 2017 - 03:05 PM.

_EXODUZ_ #11 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34635 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Spoiler

Bunch of gibberish from a 33 year old. I'd be fine if it was written by some 4k games 16 year old. But man, you're Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 13 July 2017 - 03:15 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

OreH75 #12 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46969 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View Postpanter22, on 13 July 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

There is no fair play policy in this game it was only propaganda lies talk from WG and players a to blind to see that

I am not blind, speak for yourself please.

rado84 #13 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18693 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 13 July 2017 - 03:35 PM, said:

They were banned by manual reports by players, not by some imaginary system. On the EU server 20 or 30 of these bans were carried out after my reports using the Support link on top of the page.

As for the spoiler, I think that's a topic for another section of the forum but anyway. I'll post it here now with another spoiler and after that I suggest we move to the replay analyzing section or we risk moderation of this topic.

Spoiler

Edited by VMX, 14 July 2017 - 08:07 AM.

ExclamationMark #14 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles
Looks like a pretty serious case of mad cuz bad to me. 

OreH75 #15 Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46969 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View Postrado84, on 13 July 2017 - 03:17 PM, said:

They were banned by manual reports by players, not by some imaginary system. On the EU server 20 or 30 of these bans were carried out after my reports using the Support link on top of the page.

As for the spoiler, I think that's a topic for another section of the forum but anyway. I'll post it here now with another spoiler and after that I suggest we move to the replay analyzing section or we risk moderation of this topic.

Spoiler

Why dont you upload your replay to wotreplays.eu instead of some fishy adware site? Post reported.

And please, show us a replay of one of those 20/30 players you reported an allegedly got banned. 

Edited by OreH75, 13 July 2017 - 03:55 PM.

spamhamstar #16 Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostKozzy, on 13 July 2017 - 02:04 PM, said:

Map balance does not work like that, if it did then maps which have been removed in the past (because one side had more of an advantage than the other side) would not have been removed.  Could you imagine (making a bit of an extreme comparison here) if there was a map where one side won, on average, 80+% of the time?  People would not be happy with that and say "well I guess we all get to be on the 'winning' side of that map as much as the losing".  Maps need to be balanced in a way that the starting position is not the defining factor in the outcome.

Who said otherwise?  I'm guessing north spawn on sacred valley doesn't currently win 80% of the time.  All I said was that being able to climb the scenery in itself was not unfair.  Not, being able to climb the scenery in a way that makes the maps unbalanced for one team is fair.  Notice the difference?

View Postrado84, on 13 July 2017 - 02:17 PM, said:

Spoiler

Were they?

Even if we assume that you're an honest fellow & it's true that 20 or 30 (surely you know which it is?) of the bans came from manual reports you'd made, do you not think that WG would have used some system to verify your reports rather than just take your word for it?

I wonder if support clicked on your dodgy link that: "will take you to some crappy adware sites!".  Can I suggest using wotreplays.com if you want anyone to actually watch your replay.  Also, as WG wont confirm the names of accounts banned, how do you know they were from your reports?

It's fine to post replays here if they're related to the topic being discussed & as long as the links you use are safe. 

Edited by spamhamstar, 13 July 2017 - 04:55 PM.

Slyspy #17 Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

How on earth do either of these ideas make the game more fair?

Vajsravana #18 Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32827 battles

View Postrado84, on 13 July 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

So, here's the replay, spamhamster. I've also included a screenshot to show you that there's no way an enemy could sneak close enough to spot me and not to spot the GW Panther next to me. Watch the replay and see how in the first 2-3 minutes of the battle I get a direct hit from an arty right AFTER I had fired. The other arty next to me didn't fire, so he didn't get shot by the M55. Later I fired again and moved and a few seconds after that the M55's next shot landed where I was a moment ago.

Important: click on the small grey button "Download" in order to download the replay. DO NOT click on any of the big blue buttons because that's an ad and they will take you to some crappy adware sites!

https://www.4shared....55_cheater.html

Cheater? But... but... what you describe is exacty the usual way to counter enemy arty!

1 - stare at the usual "arty place" on top-down view

2 - wait for tracer

3 - shoot where it came from.

AGAIN: do you know that your tracers are visible by the enemy?

Do you know that if you stand in a predictable place, a good artiller may use your tracers to kill you as soon as you shoot?

Do you know that you should ALWAYS move immediately after shooting, exactly for that reason?

Don't want to sound offensive, but that's arty 101, mate.

Edited by Vajsravana, 13 July 2017 - 05:25 PM.

Frostilicus #19 Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:30 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22423 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

View PostVajsravana, on 13 July 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Cheater? But... but... what you describe is exacty the usual way to counter enemy arty!

1 - stare at the usual "arty place" on top-down view

2 - wait for tracer

3 - shoot where it came from.

AGAIN: do you know that your tracers are visible by the enemy?

Do you know that if you stand in a predictable place, a good artiller may use your tracers to kill you as soon as you shoot?

Do you know that you should ALWAYS move immediately after shooting, exactly for that reason?

Don't want to sound offensive, but that's arty 101, mate.

Once shot an enemy arty by blind firing my arty into a common starting spot on Abbey - boy the guy was mad :)

This was in the spell when there were no tracers, so OP should probably brush up his skills a little... ;)

Enforcer1975 #20 Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20708 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Clear case of l2p and no idea what he / she / it wants...

Spoiler

Edited by Enforcer1975, 13 July 2017 - 05:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users