Legend of Pref MM Tanks

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

rimedid #1 Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [MKNZ] MKNZ

According to previous statements from WG all pref MM tanks will be removed when their full mm counterparts arrive.

• IS-6 would be removed when they introduced IS3A.... then we received Defender and just two days ago WG was trying to sell IS-6 with %30 discount...
  • FCM-50T would be removed when they introduced Liberte.. today WG offering it with %30 discount...
  • Super Pershing would be removed when they introduced Patton KR then we received Pilot and SP still in the premium shop...
  • They removed 112 without noticing to players then buffed it and put it again in the game shop.
  • They removed Panther/M10 then buffed it and put it again to in-game shop
  • 59-Patton already introduced but you can still buy T-34-3 (but of course you cannot touch `OP` type 59)

As far as I remember 2 tanks removed in this regard:

1- E25 which they sold last Advent Calender 

2- Jagt 8.8 - 18 August 2015 the news of removal has published

https://worldoftanks...oval-jagdtiger/

and nearly every month they are selling it again... the last time they sold it 09.06.2017 

https://worldoftanks...-jt88-june2017/

All these actions are obviously conflicting what WG is declaring.

Most of the pref mm tanks are always buyable in premium and in-game shop instead new full mm tanks are relatively rare vehicles you should catch when they offer,,, 

As far as I  understand from this strategy, removal of pref . mm tanks is a  complete lie.

Also with the same logic, I highly doubt pref mm tanks are unbalancing mm.

On the contrary pref mm tanks much more balanced compared to new OP premiums.

WG creating legends like type 59 and E25, they feed the gossips about how OP tanks are these ones, they can even broke all MM and could not be sold. And then.. 1st of April 2017 they even sold M6A2E1 which was a `real` rare tank with pref mm.

There was a strategy to create a premium tank :

• Inferior to their counterparts in the same tier
  • has pref mm
  • has unique gameplay 

The new strategy:

• superior to their counterparts in the same tier
  • has no pref mm
  • clone tanks 

Once upon a time, world of tanks was a game designed and created in details and level of these details were attracting and attaching you to this game. 

Nowadays, the game becomes like a shabby fast-food chain: sloppy, cheap-jack and unhealthy. 

I feel sad while watching this. :(

Dragonlordcv #2 Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23968 battles
Once upon a time there were ppl supporting with real money this game. Some of them (including myself) have closed the wallets in reaction of WG's mockery of new MM (ruining prem tanks bought with real money) and "balanced BS".

CmdRatScabies #3 Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35401 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postrimedid, on 14 July 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

2- Jagt 8.8 - 18 August 2015 the news of removal has published

https://worldoftanks...oval-jagdtiger/

and nearly every month they are selling it again... the last time they sold it 09.06.2017

https://worldoftanks...-jt88-june2017/

All these actions are obviously conflicting what WG is declaring.

Quote "Please note Even though the vehicle will be removed from sale, every player who owns and has it in their garage at the time of the removal will keep it. Also, the tank may return to the game at a later time as part of special Premium Shop bundle, contest prize etc."

Edited by CmdRatScabies, 14 July 2017 - 10:24 AM.

Synopsis0 #4 Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37297 battles
I am 100 % agree with OP . I buyed premium tanks and premium days not for advantage just for donate beacouse i like this game and played since 5 years and they deserve some charity for hard work but , marketing department and these strategys keep feed lies and sometimes i am feeling that they cheated me .They anouncing somethin and they using words like not be on premium shops again then they made up a event and they sell it again. When you start arguing their declarations they start to cover things with - we dont sell it again but we never said that in the future some events hapends and we put it back- , and this is just a small thing with prem tanks related. Thats how it is a will keep playing the game and support it but i don`t like it to  offical page anouncements beeing lies.

Edited by Synopsis0, 14 July 2017 - 10:33 AM.

Hedgehog1963 #5 Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50349 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
They also sold the Alien which has pref mm.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63312 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

E25 was removed more initially for crowd control reasons more so then pref MM reasons. As it was the ideal option vs nerfing it they said.

Tho when they announced that they are going away from pref MM tanks, and will start to remove some of them. They started by removing a few each patch on low tiers first, and a few other tanks causing issues like the Pak40 due to the 400m view range and Province map combo, or that was not selling like the Sexton. But tanks like the T14, SU-85i and Pz IV S and the Panther M10 to name a few was removed to start it off. Then they planned to take the high tiers later. Only one made it that far "the 88". And the Panther M10 was even added back recently.

88 was the last one... And right after that, WG changed most of their people in the balance department and other areas. Some where moved to other games and new IP's to speed those up. Others just left. So we lost people like Overlord etc. Thus new people came in the field, and changed the rules, and the pref MM tanks stuck around, and the removal of 3-4 each patch suddenly did stop. And the idea for a balance shifted along with the new premium tanks added. I suspect the new employees in each department are the same that put the E25 on sale, or wanted the M6 Mutant up again and added the M10 back after it was buffed. Tho the M10 kinda makes sense since it's buffed and they seemed to have gone away from pref MM removal at this point anyway. So I suspect the current high tier pref MM tanks are not going anywhere.

Edited by Balc0ra, 14 July 2017 - 10:40 AM.

Spek_en_Bonen #7 Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 31494 battles

How I think about WG's monetizing of WoT is displayed in my signature.

The sale of the Mutant (M6A2E1) was THE LAST DROP.

rimedid #8 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [MKNZ] MKNZ

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 July 2017 - 09:22 AM, said:

Quote "Please note Even though the vehicle will be removed from sale, every player who owns and has it in their garage at the time of the removal will keep it. Also, the tank may return to the game at a later time as part of special Premium Shop bundle, contest prize etc."

simple question : why did they remove the tank from premiumshop if they will sell it twice a month ? 

CmdRatScabies #9 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:21 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35401 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postrimedid, on 14 July 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

simple question : why did they remove the tank from premiumshop if they will sell it twice a month ?

"Also, the tank may return to the game at a later time as part of special Premium Shop bundle, contest prize etc."  You can either read what they actually said or pretend they said something you wish they'd said.  It's their game & their decision - you can choose to buy it or not.

rimedid #10 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [MKNZ] MKNZ

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 July 2017 - 09:

88 was the last one... And right after that, WG changed most of their people in the balance department and other areas. Some where moved to other games and new IP's to speed those up. Others just left. So we lost people like Overlord etc. Thus new people came in the field, and changed the rules.

This is very solid logic but then why not putting removed tanks back ? Like tog ? I do not think neither tog is unbalancing any mm nor it is OP. But at the same time i can reply this with WG logic. Make a tank rare with removing from premiumshop then sell it with flash sell offers and increase demand to max. It is a cheap marketing trick which started with this removal issues.

rimedid #11 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [MKNZ] MKNZ

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 July 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

"Also, the tank may return to the game at a later time as part of special Premium Shop bundle, contest prize etc."  You can either read what they actually said or pretend they said something you wish they'd said.  It's their game & their decision - you can choose to buy it or not.

Thanks god i am not a loyal subject of WG kingdom who is defending its masters on the behalf of them.. So i ask question starting with "why?".

jabster #12 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postrimedid, on 14 July 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

This is very solid logic but then why not putting removed tanks back ? Like tog ? I do not think neither tog is unbalancing any mm nor it is OP. But at the same time i can reply this with WG logic. Make a tank rare with removing from premiumshop then sell it with flash sell offers and increase demand to max. It is a cheap marketing trick which started with this removal issues.

So your compliant is that WG act in the same fashion that the vast majority of companies do. Hardly a ground breaking revelation is it?

CmdRatScabies #13 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:31 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35401 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postrimedid, on 14 July 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Thanks god i am not a loyal subject of WG kingdom who is defending its masters on the behalf of them.. So i ask question starting with "why?".

Because it's their game and that's what they want to do - do you expect them to explain all their marketing decisions to you?

I'm not sure whether you complaining that some premium tanks are OP or that they won't let you buy one.

rimedid #14 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [MKNZ] MKNZ

View Postjabster, on 14 July 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

So your compliant is that WG act in the same fashion that the vast majority of companies do. Hardly a ground breaking revelation is it?

i am sorry to witness WG became one of these companies you mentioned in the last years. Previously this was not the case. 

1ncompetenc3 #15 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36772 battles

View Postrimedid, on 14 July 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

So that they can sell it in bundles and because people have already paid for their gold, so premium shop tank sales are always preferable to tech tree tank sales as there's no immediate new income for WG if people use gold to buy anything.

WG is very much aware they have no real competition and they're milking that fact for all it's worth.

Edited by 1ncompetenc3, 14 July 2017 - 11:42 AM.

jabster #16 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postrimedid, on 14 July 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

i am sorry to witness WG became one of these companies you mentioned in the last years. Previously this was not the case. 

Really?

jabster #17 Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postrimedid, on 14 July 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Explaining what WG actually said doesn't mean that a poster agrees with it let alone that they are defending WG.

Why do so many posters fail to understand such a basic concept?

Edited by jabster, 14 July 2017 - 06:48 PM.

WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14876 battles

View Postjabster, on 14 July 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

Explaining what WG actually said doesn't mean that a poster agrees with it let all be that they are defending WG.

Why do so many posters fail to understand such a basic concept?

Isn't that what makes them "most posters"? :rolleyes:

Synopsis0 #19 Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 37297 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 14 July 2017 - 10:21 AM, said:

Then suggest them dont use words like `Not be on sale in premium shops again` beacouse this declarations are paradoxial , not be on sale  - some events will be on sale . Do you understand the paradox here ?

They simply used a marketing tricks to buy that tank beacouse your first feeling is , damn it will be never on sale or maybe i must buy it, this is cheating costumers strategys , just retreive the damn tank from shop and dont say anything it would be more honest.

CmdRatScabies #20 Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35401 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSynopsis0, on 15 July 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

Then suggest them dont use words like `Not be on sale in premium shops again` beacouse this declarations are paradoxial , not be on sale  - some events will be on sale . Do you understand the paradox here ?

They simply used a marketing tricks to buy that tank beacouse your first feeling is , damn it will be never on sale or maybe i must buy it, this is cheating costumers strategys , just retreive the damn tank from shop and dont say anything it would be more honest.

They said "............. removed from the shop as well".  They didn't say FOREVER, in fact they said it may return.   The only problem here is some people not reading the whole thing and cherry picking the bits they want.  And who the hell cares anyway if the JT88 returns or not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users