Jump to content


Is this gold spamming culture good for the game?


  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32077 battles
  • 1,308
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

I am currently trying to play tier X with an IS-4 and am realizing everyone spamm gold at this tier...

it seems that people do it by system, as its not even the case of bouncing first and shot gold after, its purely go in and trow heat/apcr/hesh whatever premium ammunition they have to garantee results....

 

the armor of vehicles becomes irrelevant in most cases and the game is decided by numbers, a group of medium tanks acting like a wolf pack spamming gold is likely to win the game becuase of the DPM and mobility...

 

and the question must be made: is this any good for the game? it seems to me the economics at tier X are so bad, that most players more often shot gold to garantee they do damage and lose money because they allways do...

 

Its nonsense in my opinion... and no wonder then WG releases buffs to some slower heavies like the maus and type 5, becuase if everyone spamms gold their armor becomes irrelevant too, without the armor buff they would be simply a mountain of exp to be taken...

 

I am the one being stupid for trying to not play with gold when everyone spamm gold at me, even Maus players who have better armor...

 

NO RESPECT



MrClark56 #2 Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 5880 battles
  • 2,342
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013
Only if you are a dinger...

DuncaN_101 #3 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52752 battles
  • 1,734
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
InB4 maus and type 5 comments

Owen topic yes I agree most ppl seem to think they need prem ammo to pen anything in T10 matches. I hardly use it and still do decent in most games (not a great player I know)
So I don't see the need for spamming prem ammo

Edited by DuncaN_101, 14 July 2017 - 01:04 PM.


SaintMaddenus #4 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33896 battles
  • 1,170
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

Unfortunately spam has a high salt content



1ncompetenc3 #5 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 36897 battles
  • 11,490
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 14 July 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

Unfortunately spam has a high salt content

 

Angelfire still exists? :amazed:

SaintMaddenus #6 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33896 battles
  • 1,170
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011
No idea, just googled "gold spam" and up this came.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64344 battles
  • 15,407
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

You think improving the economy at tier X will reduce the gold spam? WN8 is more important then credits for most. 

 

Most common complaint is not about armor, is that most still use it on you, even if they don't need to. But if you know they can pen you with AP, then why complain? It's like seeing a Borsig rage about APCR spam on his tank. Just be happy he wanted to spend that much on you, and not treat you like a cheap date and take the cheap shells out vs the more expensive one. I mean he would have killed you either way most times.



denisdenikr #8 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16464 battles
  • 432
  • [RDDTF] RDDTF
  • Member since:
    07-10-2015
I spam it only on Type 4/5 and Maus, and at them i spam it with smile on my face... For any other tank i use regular ammo, and switch on premium only if my regular decide to join with RNG god and fu*k me up...

DuncaN_101 #9 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:40 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52752 battles
  • 1,734
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 July 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

You think improving the economy at tier X will reduce the gold spam? WN8 is more important then credits for most. 

 

Most common complaint is not about armor, is that most still use it on you, even if they don't need to. But if you know they can pen you with AP, then why complain? It's like seeing a Borsig rage about APCR spam on his tank. Just be happy he wanted to spend that much on you, and not treat you like a cheap date and take the cheap shells out vs the more expensive one. I mean he would have killed you either way most times.

You're right and I really don't care if ppl fire prem at just for this reason but you got too admit it becomes tiring after work while 



KillingJoker #10 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32077 battles
  • 1,308
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 July 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

You think improving the economy at tier X will reduce the gold spam? WN8 is more important then credits for most. 

 

Most common complaint is not about armor, is that most still use it on you, even if they don't need to. But if you know they can pen you with AP, then why complain? It's like seeing a Borsig rage about APCR spam on his tank. Just be happy he wanted to spend that much on you, and not treat you like a cheap date and take the cheap shells out vs the more expensive one. I mean he would have killed you either way most times.

 

WN8 you say...

 

so is it that WN8 suposedly Skill right?? check this replay... 

 

http://wotreplays.co...llingjoker-is-4

 

Is that what you call skill? i shot AP only, and that iddnt prevent me from damaging an E100, from hiting a top bar above his tutter...

could i simply load heat and penetrate his flat turret? yes... easly, would i do it? no...because i dont need it, i have sklill to play diferently..

 

gold spamming is for pussies i say... 



MattieW #11 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13113 battles
  • 215
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB
  • Member since:
    10-11-2013

I'll be honest I only fire gold  in tier x with my e100.

 

 

reason why is simply because one usually still has to aim for weak spots, in fact heat sometimes is a disadvantage when snap shotting a medium at close range because it doesn't overmatch and with a long reload time it usually ends up being cheaper getting the credits for extra damage at the end of the game than the normal AP round with 1 maybe 2 non pen from rng.

 

that together with the fact it's usually a surprise to not get hit with premium ammo in a heavy.



SaintMaddenus #12 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33896 battles
  • 1,170
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

"gold spamming is for pussies i say... "

Nothing wrong with a bit of pussy I say.


 

but in the real world apparently better quality ammunition exists, different types of shells for different jobs.  so...  what's the issue really?


 

Should our tanks not switch shells for different targets in the real world just in case someone say's Wuss?



Suurpolskija #13 Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18692 battles
  • 1,642
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

At Tier X I fire prem ammo when it's more convenient to do so. I try to play safe and if that means I can't peek far enough to get my enemy's lfp, I'll shoot heat through flat parts. That's the way I play and I'm not gonna be sorry about it. My loadout for ammo is still 3/4 ap/apcr (standard) and 1/4 prem ammo though so it's still only in case I really need it.

I tend to study weak spots a lot and try to remember them as well as I can and it pays out pretty often.

If you need gold to pen, it's stupid not to use it. If you don't need gold to pen, it's a waste of credits.



HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:00 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25520 battles
  • 2,242
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostKillingJoker, on 14 July 2017 - 12:56 PM, said:

I am currently trying to play tier X with an IS-4 and am realizing everyone spamm gold at this tier...

it seems that people do it by system, as its not even the case of bouncing first and shot gold after, its purely go in and trow heat/apcr/hesh whatever premium ammunition they have to garantee results....

 

the armor of vehicles becomes irrelevant in most cases and the game is decided by numbers, a group of medium tanks acting like a wolf pack spamming gold is likely to win the game becuase of the DPM and mobility...

 

and the question must be made: is this any good for the game? it seems to me the economics at tier X are so bad, that most players more often shot gold to garantee they do damage and lose money because they allways do...

 

Its nonsense in my opinion... and no wonder then WG releases buffs to some slower heavies like the maus and type 5, becuase if everyone spamms gold their armor becomes irrelevant too, without the armor buff they would be simply a mountain of exp to be taken...

 

I am the one being stupid for trying to not play with gold when everyone spamm gold at me, even Maus players who have better armor...

 

NO RESPECT

 

mobile groups with high firepower being the winners is the stupid result every formerly "tactical" shooter game ends up with.

 

it's the same with every first person shooter, kids with quick reflexes and fast connections dominate the game, regardless of good strategy and tactics.

only that in wot the same people get even more advantages by spending money for gold ammo / food consumables / 6 skills crews and whatever...

 

it's no wonder, to make a game appealing to the masses, it has to be made as brainless as possible, and the kids don't want to wait for a shot, that's boring. they want to jump around the battlefield in their lights and mediums to pen heavies from the front. If they can't pen from the front, it's "unfair"...



unhappy_bunny #15 Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17926 battles
  • 2,456
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 14 July 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

 

mobile groups with high firepower being the winners is the stupid result every formerly "tactical" shooter game ends up with.

 

it's the same with every first person shooter, kids with quick reflexes and fast connections dominate the game, regardless of good strategy and tactics.

only that in wot the same people get even more advantages by spending money for gold ammo / food consumables / 6 skills crews and whatever...

 

it's no wonder, to make a game appealing to the masses, it has to be made as brainless as possible, and the kids don't want to wait for a shot, that's boring. they want to jump around the battlefield in their lights and mediums to pen heavies from the front. If they can't pen from the front, it's "unfair"...

 

But isn't that a good tactic to use? A wolf-pack of meds, working together to take down a larger target? They are likely to win out regardless of the ammo they fire. 

So what if they have 6 skill crews, or consumables, or even premium ammo which they probably buy with credits. You can do the same. It may take time to get the crew skilled up, but then everyone has to work at that. 

 



CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35759 battles
  • 3,804
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015
In some tanks the tricky bit in not loading gold is not knowing which tank is going to peak & give you a shot - they don't wait while you reload gold.

Schemezoid #17 Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:32 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20230 battles
  • 2,710
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013
It's good for serb his wallet, the rest doesnt matter

KillingJoker #18 Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32077 battles
  • 1,308
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

Another example of gold spamming culture

 

http://wotreplays.co...e/3704908#teams

 

I only shot AP, vs IS-7, E100 and IS-4, most of my shots penetrated, shot 7 times 5 penetrated, only AP

they shot mostly gold ammunition i was hit 8 times, 4 penetrated...

 

i shot the other IS-4  tree times with AP as he didnt angled properly his tank and exposed to me the top of his roof...

 

i wonder if this people dont feel shame of them selfs



Joggaman #19 Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 23010 battles
  • 6,031
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
Normally I would answer with one of my posters, but since internet on my current hotel is crap, I won't bother. Instead I will give you the short answer: Yes. 

lafeel #20 Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011
Respect is something you earn, not something you get just by demanding it.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users