Jump to content


Spectator Mode for dedicated FC


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Extra Slot for FC's. (10 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think that FC's should be in an extra slot without having to fight?

  1. Yes (9 votes [90.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 90.00%

  2. No (1 vote [10.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Should FC's in an extra slot recieve

  1. Average of Top 5 XP winners (8 votes [80.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 80.00%

  2. Top XP if win (1 vote [10.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.00%

  3. Low XP if loses. (1 vote [10.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Hide poll

ZAPPED_BY_ME #1 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 443 battles
  • 263
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    04-04-2016

Heya,

Just in case Dev's are looking in here, I think it would be a good idea for WG to have an 8th/11/16th slot in SH/CW for a dedicated FC with spectator mode on his team only.  Said FC receiving XP/Credits/Industrial Resources/Fame Points by average XP of players on his team.

FC's play, and find themselves having to micromanage other team mates while dealing with the ""stress"" of the battle from his own perspective.  Obviously, we all know that FC's receive a bonus share of Gold in CW for FC'ing.  This could help clans be more successful by having the FC relieved of the ""stress"" of the battle and having him concentrate on the deployment of his team.


 


 



kingdavid86 #2 Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25859 battles
  • 35
  • [TELS] TELS
  • Member since:
    08-06-2013
average xp of its team-players for the course of the current battle for whatever results - maybe this will be a better option

Edited by kingdavid86, 14 July 2017 - 01:34 PM.


WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15544 battles
  • 2,270
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016
Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but could you explain to me what an "FC" is?

ZAPPED_BY_ME #4 Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 443 battles
  • 263
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    04-04-2016

View PostWindSplitter1, on 14 July 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but could you explain to me what an "FC" is?

 

FC= Field Commander.

lafeel #5 Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostWindSplitter1, on 14 July 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Forgive my ignorance on the subject, but could you explain to me what an "FC" is?

 

Field Commander I do belive. Ie the guy telling the team what tactics to use and who to shoot.

captainpigg #6 Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31001 battles
  • 803
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014
Faulty poll, if you vote no for the first question which obviously renders the second null and void, you cannot cast your vote as there are no options for you to vote for, and you need to vote in both in order to cast your vote. 

Dr_ownape #7 Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41922 battles
  • 5,386
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
Yes we've all agreed this since competitive play started - they always say no

WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:34 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15544 battles
  • 2,270
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostZAPPED_BY_ME, on 14 July 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

 

FC= Field Commander.

 

View Postlafeel, on 14 July 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

 

Field Commander I do belive. Ie the guy telling the team what tactics to use and who to shoot.

 

AH... In that case. I fully agree with it. Voted

lafeel #9 Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

Just for the record: I can see a argument either way, and don't really personally see much harm in allowing it.

 

Therefore I voted yes.



Junglist_ #10 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35992 battles
  • 1,332
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

Wouldn't it be too easy for the person spectating to see trees fall down and objects getting destructed thus revealing enemy positions?

So they would have to figure out how to not display all this to the spectating person so it wouldn't surprise me if only this would stop them from even trying to implement this.

And as we can see WG is actively destroying all clan related activities anyway so I doubt this will ever happen.



Cannes76 #11 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64575 battles
  • 1,616
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

Why do people have such incredible lack of poll making skills? There are so many options missing from this poll that it becomes impossible to participate.

The spectactor FC option has been missing from this game for 8 years now, but I can not participate in your poll because of the highly faulty second part.



Unkel_Dolan #12 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 25589 battles
  • 2,693
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
  • Member since:
    12-14-2010
I already have spectator feature as FC, it's very easy. you pick a light tank, tell your team where to go, suicide scout in first minute, then you can micromanage everything

_EXODUZ_ #13 Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34635 battles
  • 1,936
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014

View PostJunglist_, on 14 July 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be too easy for the person spectating to see trees fall down and objects getting destructed thus revealing enemy positions?

So they would have to figure out how to not display all this to the spectating person so it wouldn't surprise me if only this would stop them from even trying to implement this.

And as we can see WG is actively destroying all clan related activities anyway so I doubt this will ever happen.

 

Usually good arty players watch out for that.

Phobos4321 #14 Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:16 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43102 battles
  • 8,214
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

couldnt that just be exploited ?

 

i mean there is no way to actually meassure the distribution of a FC

 

a skilled team with good teamwork and some proven standard tactics might win the game without a single command

 

so take a cat make a account for her and use it a FC ?  doing nothing   that account might come out better than most players trying hard

 

just remember the CW campaigns  where top clans sold temporary membership and participation in battle to obtain the reward tanks

wouldnt they sell "FC pushing" too ? because of that i strongly oppose the idea  than again the poll doesnt allow me to vote accordingly



ZAPPED_BY_ME #15 Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 443 battles
  • 263
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    04-04-2016

View PostPhobos4321, on 15 July 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

couldnt that just be exploited ?

 

i mean there is no way to actually meassure the distribution of a FC

 

a skilled team with good teamwork and some proven standard tactics might win the game without a single command

 

so take a cat make a account for her and use it a FC ?  doing nothing   that account might come out better than most players trying hard

 

just remember the CW campaigns  where top clans sold temporary membership and participation in battle to obtain the reward tanks

wouldnt they sell "FC pushing" too ? because of that i strongly oppose the idea  than again the poll doesnt allow me to vote accordingly

 

Well, regarding the top clans selling temporary membership.  This is due to the Clan Tank system, in which top 50 clans get 5000 tanks allocated, and players that play 10 battles while in a top 50 clan in campaign get a tank.

This exploit can be closed by raising the minimum battle count to 50 unless player has been in the clan for 1 month prior to campaign.  Clans will then think twice about this, since those paying are likely not top 50 clan material, and could jeapordize  said clans top 50 placement.

I am not the one who invented the job of FC in Clan competitions.

But I do think that it is a skill.  Coming up with strategy on various maps, Plan A, B, C, and sod it, YOLO!!!(usually employed at the tier 6 level)  Knowing when to start a push, when to screw the other team over by just drawing.

I believe that FC's should be rewarded by the game as well as the clan.  No FC's, no clan play at high level.


 



ZAPPED_BY_ME #16 Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 443 battles
  • 263
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    04-04-2016

View PostRenamedUser_500212111, on 14 July 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

I already have spectator feature as FC, it's very easy. you pick a light tank, tell your team where to go, suicide scout in first minute, then you can micromanage everything

 

Um, no.  Just no.

Tidal_Force #17 Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 16192 battles
  • 6,826
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostJunglist_, on 14 July 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

Wouldn't it be too easy for the person spectating to see trees fall down and objects getting destructed thus revealing enemy positions?

So they would have to figure out how to not display all this to the spectating person so it wouldn't surprise me if only this would stop them from even trying to implement this.

And as we can see WG is actively destroying all clan related activities anyway so I doubt this will ever happen.

 

That complaint doesn't even make sense.

In organised play literally everyone looks for falling trees, you are somehow thinking that single FC observing one tank at a time will be better at spotting destruction than 14 players with their eyes peeled AND designated cliker who has full map view anyway? You are absurd.



Junglist_ #18 Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35992 battles
  • 1,332
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostTidal_Force, on 15 July 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

 

That complaint doesn't even make sense.

In organised play literally everyone looks for falling trees, you are somehow thinking that single FC observing one tank at a time will be better at spotting destruction than 14 players with their eyes peeled AND designated cliker who has full map view anyway? You are absurd.

 

 

I wouldn't imagine its that easy in normal tanks which is why I only asked but Exoduz did point out SPG I didn't realize that but still I don't think there's a need to be that upset about a question. For all I care go ahead and implement it I was just thinking why it might not work. 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users