VKP/Mauschen/Maus Ruin tier 8.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Search_Warrant #1 Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27201 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

They have the most disgusting armor i have seen since Defender. they sit there and bounce hits. nothing can pen them reliably, not even my S1 with 288apcr could not go threw the turret front of a Mauschen, hell 288pen stuggles to go threw VK100P!!!! i have to go threw the LFP and aim for a cupola at stupidly long distance just like a god dam med/heavy tank spamming gold. seriously 0.29 accuracy and im miss/bouncing these things like its going out of fashion!

Im forced to load 330apcr gold to even remotely go threw them monstrosities at range, VKP cupola is the most BS i have ever seen. 200mm is a lie. my T28proto with near 250AP pen stuggles to reliably go threw that at medium range. these get a remotely decent matchup and the enemy already won if you see it angled on a corner.

For those who are about to type "lol noob l2p and git gud" THESE are the stats shown for them, blatently OP and need nerfing.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/germany/G115_Typ_205B

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/germany/G110_Typ_205

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/germany/G42_Maus

All 3 need a nerf bat. just one of these in the right hands dooms the whole flank its on. this is unfair. fix it WG.

malachi6 #2 Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49938 battles
These things only have fronts?  The ones I shoot also have sides and backs.  The ones I shoot must be a different type to the ones you get stuck fighting.

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21507 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Simple Mantra.

If there is a Superheavy in the game, Ignore it until the end.

They're only good with support.

In alot of video games there are bosses which cannot be harmed by direct fire/attacks. The Legend of Zelda series bosses are a perfect example. For the majority of them there is only one way to harm them. Everything else is futile.

A similar situation arises with the SuperHeavy tanks. You find him dug into a good positon with good supporting fire. Then it would be suicide to assault him frontally. Instead finding a way around him, and removing his support. Is an indirect way to harm him. That is the challenge in the gameplay. Why do people want this game to be a "HURR DURR CORRIDOR FEST" where everyone sits at the end of a corridor and ONLY rng decides the winner.

Use your brains!

Edited by RamRaid90, 15 July 2017 - 07:10 AM.

Uebergewicht #4 Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles

Idk. I´m currently grinding the VK, and while it is strong, it deosn´t feel overpowered to me. The armor is good, mostly made to screw over lower tiers, as somewhat angled you need pretty decent pen for the LFP while the cupola is still tough with 220. However the cupola is also big, and in a melee, where the VK usually is, most tier 8s that load gold and pretty much all of the tier 9s and 10s (which you meet often) will have easy shots on your hatch or even your turret front if you dont angle. That is how I personally take them out, and they never felt too strong to me due to this. Plus, it´s god awfully slow and can be outpositined quite easily, or simply arrive to late to a crucial battle. However I certainly approve the fact that there is a heavy tank that isn´t completely butchered by gold or camping TDs.

If the WR is currently high on this, it is probably partly due to the fact that the VK is quite a new tank which the broad masses haven´t really gotten to yet. Plus, it´s a heavy with high alpha, so just going somewhere and soaking up damage while landing only a few shots can really help your team. Still, I´m doing better in my Löwe; at least the Löwe can go hull down without exposing a weakspot and has a gun puchy enough to contest tier 10s. It´s also not that freaking slow.

Haven´t played the Mäuschen, but that one is, from what I´ve seen, even frickin slower than the VK and hardly gets anywhere. The cupola really seems to drag it down. I cannot really tell why this thing would be OP as I haven´t played it and, from the few times I´ve seen this tank, it never felt particularly hard to deal with. No idea why it would have great WR other than the fect that fewer, and probably more dedicated players have it.

sgtYester #5 Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54457 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

"could not pen the front of the turret" 

seriously?  we have 2 SUPERheavies at t8/9/10 and u cant pen them? wow. 

thats the whole point of them, they can breaktrough becuase the will bounce a lot FROM THE FRONT!

have u played them??? 

http://www.noobmeter...rant/500305376/

ofc u have not, u like to sealclub the lower tiers and when u meet one in ur su-152 u cant do any damage..... justice.

captainpigg #6 Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31323 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostRamRaid90, on 15 July 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

Simple Mantra.

If there is a Superheavy in the game, Ignore it until the end.

They're only good with support.

In alot of video games there are bosses which cannot be harmed by direct fire/attacks. The Legend of Zelda series bosses are a perfect example. For the majority of them there is only one way to harm them. Everything else is futile.

A similar situation arises with the SuperHeavy tanks. You find him dug into a good positon with good supporting fire. Then it would be suicide to assault him frontally. Instead finding a way around him, and removing his support. Is an indirect way to harm him. That is the challenge in the gameplay. Why do people want this game to be a "HURR DURR CORRIDOR FEST" where everyone sits at the end of a corridor and ONLY rng decides the winner.

Use your brains!

Also works if you swap out superheavy for unicum.

leggasiini #7 Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14275 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I dont think the Mäuschen is as bad, the LFP is weak as sh!t for superheavy and turret face is only 10mm thicker than VK100 and it covers much bigger area that is actually 240 effective.

VK 100 is however extremely annoying to fight against because penning it complete pain in @ss. Maus is actually not as hard to pen with tier 10 HEAT shells, way easier to pen than VK 100 with tier 8 gold shells, but it has so much HP that its hard to kill no matter what you play, it has retarded side armor and the gun is ridicuously good, unlike on the other two.

250swb #8 Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Of the three the VK.100.01P is the better tank for it's tier, Mauschen less so and a bit mediocre, the Maus is of course the pinnacle but by then regular tier X players know how to deal with it. Having all three I'm disappointed when I see them played so passively and despite the armour of each it is the player that makes them OP, too many aren't willing to use hit points to drag the team forward.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well we either get "gold ammo makes armor useless". And when armor is effective. They are to "OP". So there is no win win on this either way.

VK is rather tall. So the lower to the ground your gun is, the more effective the hatch is. VK hatch is 220mm head on. But the worst it can be at the center is 240mm if your shell comes at it at an angle at the top center of the ring. And -25% on 288 is a fair bit. So is 250mm -25%. But as the hatch is a circular object. The effective armor can go past 280mm if you hit it on either side of the center area from your gun.

It's actually easier to go in via the lower plate head on vs the hatch on some guns. Inc the IS-6 with gold ammo. Heck even the turret ring might be easier then the hatch at times close up.

But like the Type 4/5. The tier 8 and 9 are great with support. And terrible alone, as they can't really multi task.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 July 2017 - 08:39 AM.

JuliusCheddar #10 Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29774 battles
  • [3BPAN] 3BPAN

View Postmalachi6, on 15 July 2017 - 06:16 AM, said:

These things only have fronts?  The ones I shoot also have sides and backs.  The ones I shoot must be a different type to the ones you get stuck fighting.

Problem is, you need about 200 pen to reliably pen side of VK, not even talking about turret side. And if you have a gun like bl-9 which can reliably punch trough side you can probably deal with front as well. These dumb tanks are made to bully lower tiers, therefore I call bad game design. On the other hand, tier 8s don't see lower tiers so no problem I guess lmao

Edited by JuliusCheddar, 15 July 2017 - 08:59 AM.

CmdPrompt #11 Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32650 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O

vk100 (never played it) you need 150 for the side and less for rear, 250 for cupola, 200 for lfp

vkb you need 150-160 to pen cupola, 230ish for turret front, 150 for sides but it is kinda troll

maschen (never played it) lfp is paper, for sides u need 160-170

some of you need to understand what flanking is and how to bait

BonjiOrongji #12 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40906 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
cant pen them with 288mm pen... rly ?  learn to play buddy ...

Gvozdika #13 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38155 battles

Which would you prefer OP - all heavies to be devoid of effective armour and easy to take down from the front? A Defender is harder to take down in my experience - even a Chrysler K has better overall frontal protection vs T8 opposition (220mm+ on whatever frontal surface you hit). 

VKP and Mauschen are tough nuts to crack when taking them head-on - that's kind of in their job description. I cannot get over the number of people who hurl themselves headfirst into superheavies - attacking them where they are strongest and best protected. They seem to think that with premium ammunition they can and should be able to tackle any target they so choose without any thought for positioning or tactics. Don't be one of those people.

With the T8 and T9 the LFP is weak on both of them - the turret fronts are vulnerable to high-power guns. Both of them are virtual punch-bags when in T10 games (which most T8 matchups seem to be) and not mobile enough to get out of trouble.

The Maus is an exception and I agree with you on that point if nothing else - WG should have either buffed the firepower OR the armour - not both at the same time. However yet again, when dawdling around in my Maus I've been amused at how many people just seem to tackle it directly and get into a frontal shoot-out with you - then they wonder why they're back in the garage....

If you want to complain - voice your ire at the map design - which attenuates super-heavies (which thrive in corridor head to head battles) and handicaps vehicles which rely on flanking/mobility (lighter heavies). 

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 15 July 2017 - 05:05 AM, said:

They have the most disgusting armor i have seen since Defender. they sit there and bounce hits. nothing can pen them reliably, not even my S1 with 288apcr could not go threw the turret front of a Mauschen, hell 288pen stuggles to go threw VK100P!!!! i have to go threw the LFP and aim for a cupola at stupidly long distance just like a god dam med/heavy tank spamming gold. seriously 0.29 accuracy and im miss/bouncing these things like its going out of fashion!

Im forced to load 330apcr gold to even remotely go threw them monstrosities at range, VKP cupola is the most BS i have ever seen. 200mm is a lie. my T28proto with near 250AP pen stuggles to reliably go threw that at medium range. these get a remotely decent matchup and the enemy already won if you see it angled on a corner.

For those who are about to type "lol noob l2p and git gud" THESE are the stats shown for them, blatently OP and need nerfing.

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/germany/G115_Typ_205B

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/germany/G110_Typ_205

http://wot-news.com/game/tankinfo/en/eu/germany/G42_Maus

All 3 need a nerf bat. just one of these in the right hands dooms the whole flank its on. this is unfair. fix it WG.

Against vk100p just shoot turret front. It has same armour as cupola. 288 butters Vk100p turret.

tall_paul #15 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23024 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View Postleggasiini, on 15 July 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

I dont think the Mäuschen is as bad, the LFP is weak as sh!t for superheavy and turret face is only 10mm thicker than VK100 and it covers much bigger area that is actually 240 effective.

VK 100 is however extremely annoying to fight against because penning it complete pain in @ss. Maus is actually not as hard to pen with tier 10 HEAT shells, way easier to pen than VK 100 with tier 8 gold shells, but it has so much HP that its hard to kill no matter what you play, it has retarded side armor and the gun is ridicuously good, unlike on the other two.

The gun is ridiculously good?

Have you played it?  It has a horrendous reload and bounces loads!

It is a very situational tank and, in a lot of cases, is total crap to be honest.

Enforcer1975 #16 Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCmdPrompt, on 15 July 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

vk100 (never played it) you need 150 for the side and less for rear, 250 for cupola, 200 for lfp

vkb you need 150-160 to pen cupola, 230ish for turret front, 150 for sides but it is kinda troll

maschen (never played it) lfp is paper, for sides u need 160-170

some of you need to understand what flanking is and how to bait

The VK100 has a huge gap in the rear from an overhanging armor plate. I know it isn't a comparison but i already had problems getting through the side with my pre LT reshuffle T37...the pen is even less now. With a tank that has that kind of pen the only place you might reliably be able to pen that tank is the turret rear if anything. Even shooting the engine bay from the side at 200m is already an exercise in futility. 

CmdPrompt #17 Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32650 battles
  • [B-D-O] B-D-O

View PostEnforcer1975, on 15 July 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

The VK100 has a huge gap in the rear from an overhanging armor plate. I know it isn't a comparison but i already had problems getting through the side with my pre LT reshuffle T37...the pen is even less now. With a tank that has that kind of pen the only place you might reliably be able to pen that tank is the turret rear if anything. Even shooting the engine bay from the side at 200m is already an exercise in futility. 

tracks follow a cut off v. There are some range limitations and elevation differences that you should avoid pulling the trigger but those are the minimums for flat side on armor (if anyone needs proof i can bring t71 to a training room, it has a 40-60% pen under ideal conditions at 250-300m), and according to tanksgg rear is 120 with that plate (weird i never noticed absorbing anything, ie never knew about it)

cool86 #18 Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17944 battles
Vk 100.01 P is not op, as said before take care of support and it's helpless. Managed to solo a half hp VK.P  in a T21 ( firing 177pen apcr IIRC ) into it's sides and rear

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #19 Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles

The OP is the guy who wants the anime Edited tanks in game lol.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 16 July 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Gkirmathal #20 Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

That is thé 'split' that Wargaming is in nowadays, isn't it.

On the one hand the special players were moaning that armor was not effective, due to premium ammo or their own lack in understanding the game mechanics. And on the other it led to WG making armor more effective, thru (un historically) increasing thickness and overbuffing > leads to a most linear increase of premium ammo usage against those targets AND moaning from those who dislike/are less able to spam said premium ammo AND the first group who moaned armor was less effective in the first place.

For me the first nail in the coffin of this game came in the released of the Jap heavies. But back then overly strong new premium did not existing yet and Murazor Edited  weren't a reality yet, the game was IMO was still heading in a rather OK direction. One year later it went down hill rather fast.

So yeah I agree, to me the VK100 line (+ buffs) was just one extra addition to this downhill trend, meaning how much fun the balancing is atm. For the time being to me it was also the last nail in the proverbial coffin.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 16 July 2017 - 11:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users