Ineffective crew skill training

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Unangwata #1 Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8998 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

Currently when skill is about 80-90% complete it requires so big amount of experience to progress that it would be more benefical to leave it there and starting new skill to get some other improvement.

As it is now you are forced to slowly complete skill and wait long before you can benefit from another skill, and there is no way to access any new skill that would be useful.

Considering you require even more experience for each subsequent skill, there is a lot of 90-80% progress periods where you have to slowly grind just to get another skill.

Logically crew wouldn't have to complete particular training before starting new one.

If we could chose any skills at any moment and select which one we are training now then it would improve gameplay and add some more versatility in strategy of developing our crew.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65898 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I don't see the point of it tbh. I would rather just push to get it to 100% on 1 skill. Then having 5 skills on 20 to 10% scattered all over. Getting the first skill to 50% don't take long indeed. But for each new skill added pr crew member. The amount of XP needed to 100% goes up to. So thus on the 5th skill you "skipped" it would take an equally long time to get it up to 10%, as it would to get the first to 50%. And by the time you skipped to the 7th one. It would take less time to get the first to 100%, then getting the 7th to 10%. Thus the benefits would be even less. As the % gained from most skills is almost useless unless you get them high enough at that point.

As if it took the same amount of XP to train any the skills up to 100% when you add 7 to one crew, and just pick the one you want at random to train that day really would not work.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 July 2017 - 02:43 PM.

WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15719 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

If you can do this:

1. Put the crew in a premium tank you can do generally well that allows the use of vents
  2. Train Mentor skill for the commander as your first skill, give everyone else Brothers in arms
  3. Take crew food in al your battles with the said vehicle
  4. When your commander gets another skill, train him for Brothers in arms
  5. When everyone gets Brothers In Arms, you'll be training all your crew much much faster.

All those bonuses stack over with the Mentor skill, which will make it worth.... 100 + 5 + 5 + 10 effective, IIRC.. This means that instead of your crew members gaining just 10% more, they will earn that and more on top. It's a good training strategy.

I can even suggest you a vehicle if you are trying to do it on the russian line: Get a Churchill III.

Unangwata #4 Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8998 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA
Thank you for telling me what I already know. That wasn't my intent.

Cannes76 #5 Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 65563 battles
  • [3V] 3V

View PostWindSplitter1, on 15 July 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

If you can do this:

1. Put the crew in a premium tank you can do generally well that allows the use of vents
  2. Train Mentor skill for the commander as your first skill, give everyone else Brothers in arms
  3. Take crew food in al your battles with the said vehicle
  4. When your commander gets another skill, train him for Brothers in arms
  5. When everyone gets Brothers In Arms, you'll be training all your crew much much faster.

All those bonuses stack over with the Mentor skill, which will make it worth.... 100 + 5 + 5 + 10 effective, IIRC.. This means that instead of your crew members gaining just 10% more, they will earn that and more on top. It's a good training strategy.

I can even suggest you a vehicle if you are trying to do it on the russian line: Get a Churchill III.

You realize that brothers in arms has no effect unless all crew members (commander included) has the skill at 100%, right?

xX_All_is_Dust_Xx #6 Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3696 battles

View PostUnangwata, on 15 July 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

I think he's suggesting mentor first as a way of boosting the crew while learning BIA. then topping up on the commander.

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15719 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostCannes76, on 15 July 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

You realize that brothers in arms has no effect unless all crew members (commander included) has the skill at 100%, right?

Obviously. That really should go without saying.

View PostUnangwata, on 15 July 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

No problem. Hopefully, someone else might find it useful instead.

View PostxX_All_is_Dust_Xx, on 15 July 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

I think he's suggesting mentor first as a way of boosting the crew while learning BIA. then topping up on the commander.

Exactly. Perhaps I could've been clearer but this is pretty much it. Using premium time, vehicles, personal reserves, BiA, Mentor and food, all at once sharply decreases one's crew training grind and despite not being news to anyone, it sure helped me. I would even be farther if I had discovered all of that stacked over and used food earlier.

TankSchmidt #8 Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:06 PM

General

• Player
  • 24380 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostWindSplitter1, on 15 July 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

[...]
  1. When everyone gets Brothers In Arms, you'll be training all your crew much much faster.

BiA (or SoS for that matter) grants a flat 0,5% multiplicative crew XP bonus on all mentees IF and ONLY IF your Commander has the Mentor skill - no matter its training level. That is all for BiA.

The figures you are mentioning rather seem linked to the major qualification, which is something entirely different.

General suggestions to better train the crew are:

- use prem account

- use prem/reward tanks

- play in pluton

- activate "accelerate crew training", no matter if normal or prem/reward tank

- use personal reserves and always use both tank XP and crew XP reserves

- play when crew XP specials are (like this weekend)

- train mentor (if you are good enough)

In a shameless way of self promotion I suggest you and the OP to read my amazing / 10 crew XP guide --> http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/569673-version-22-29042017-schmidtys-crew-xp-guide/#topmost  (or in my sig)

WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15719 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostTankSchmidt, on 15 July 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

BiA (or SoS for that matter) grants a flat 0,5% multiplicative crew XP bonus on all mentees IF and ONLY IF your Commander has the Mentor skill - no matter its training level. That is all for BiA.

The figures you are mentioning rather seem linked to the major qualification, which is something entirely different.

General suggestions to better train the crew are:

- use prem account

- use prem/reward tanks

- play in pluton

- activate "accelerate crew training", no matter if normal or prem/reward tank

- use personal reserves and always use both tank XP and crew XP reserves

- play when crew XP specials are (like this weekend)

- train mentor (if you are good enough)

In a shameless way of self promotion I suggest you and the OP to read my amazing / 10 crew XP guide --> http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/569673-version-22-29042017-schmidtys-crew-xp-guide/#topmost  (or in my sig)

Cool stuff. Thank you!)))

Unangwata #10 Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8998 battles
  • [-NASA] -NASA

View PostWindSplitter1, on 15 July 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

No problem. Hopefully, someone else might find it useful instead.vffd
I take it you take first oportunity to declare your tips, but the topic is about something else: possible change to crew skill training that would improve it by making any skill available and choice of which skill is currently trained, so you could have them all at different level, and you would chose which skill has enough xp for the moment or which you want to focus on currently.

Strappster #11 Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Converting free xp to crew xp is another gold sink; I can see the attraction of the idea but can also see the likelihood of it being implemented.

jack_timber #12 Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33005 battles

On your first "skill" it's quite easy to get 100%, personally I always train to 100%.

It's when you get to 5th or 6th skill now that takes a long long time. It does help to use personal reserves to boost crew XP by a factor of 2 or 3, dunno about yourselves but I seem to have bucketfulls of these....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users