42 replies to this topic

Tidal_Force #21 Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRedSantaTrooper, on 16 July 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

why even buff weak tanks when you just need to learn how to use them-_-

WG should just buff the players' knowledge!

kappa

Zorbiitti #22 Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19382 battles
The usual reason why one states that a particular tank is crap, depends a lot about the comparison. Like, most think tha tiger II is a piece of junk, but I think opposite. Because it does exactly that what I expect it to do. I don't expect it to bounce like defender or move like is-3, it's enough that it is 'bout mediocre in everything.

Not every tank should be able to do everything, some just suck sniping, some suck brawling, some are so slow that it's a one-way ticket on map and some are blind like bat. But that is how it is supposed to be.

Don't complain about the tank if it doesn't fit into your play style, because after all that's usually the case. When I'm driving my Chi-ri I don't expect it ding a lot or be able to hide in bushes..

roachex #23 Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20261 battles
  • [RIGA] RIGA
Well if a tank is situational type, with only few valuable tactics, and still is unreliable.. Thats no good tank at all. You can always try to repeat that 1-2-3 tactic, though how usefull you stay when it is required to improvise?

Zorbiitti #24 Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19382 battles
Usually improvising depends on enemy making some kind of a move(good o bad) and you react to it. If they neglect one flank you abuse it, if they are overrunning one flank you fall back and so on. If your play style favors a lot of repositioning don't play löwe. If you want to brawl pick defender or if you like heavies but favor supporting pick tiger II or 50b.

When people switch tanks but don't adapt their strategy accordingly, bad things happen and then they blame the tank. It's not uncommon that many want to be able to do everything, and perhaps that's why mediums are so highly used among skilled players.. ..'cos they are so darn flexible.

fallenkezef #25 Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10217 battles
  • [TALLY] TALLY
Some tanks ate marmite, love em or hate em

fallenkezef #26 Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10217 battles
  • [TALLY] TALLY

View PostZorbiitti, on 16 July 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Usually improvising depends on enemy making some kind of a move(good o bad) and you react to it. If they neglect one flank you abuse it, if they are overrunning one flank you fall back and so on. If your play style favors a lot of repositioning don't play löwe. If you want to brawl pick defender or if you like heavies but favor supporting pick tiger II or 50b.

When people switch tanks but don't adapt their strategy accordingly, bad things happen and then they blame the tank. It's not uncommon that many want to be able to do everything, and perhaps that's why mediums are so highly used among skilled players.. ..'cos they are so darn flexible.

True, this is why I love Cronwell. It can do anything I need it to do

RedSantaTrooper #27 Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9361 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 16 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

The AMX 50b however while to some may seem bad, is actually a very good tank if it is played in the correct manner. Once you learn how to play it in the correct manner it becomes a valuable asset to a team with anyone driving it.

THIS IS THE CRAP I AM TALKING ABOUT. You just say it is good if played in a correct manner?!?!?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?! 

Either say it is good because of its x stat in x location makes it strong to use in that manner as oppose to other tanks or quit your stupid crap!

Edited by RedSantaTrooper, 16 July 2017 - 09:19 PM.

Zorbiitti #28 Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19382 battles
Well if you are trading in 50b ur doing it wrong..
But if you are waiting opportunities to unload ur clip semi-safely you are on the right path.

Every tank is a crap if played totally wrong..

Tinom5 #29 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View Postcro001, on 16 July 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

"There are no bad tanks, just bad tankers". Biggest WOT joke ever.

And what about the people who fail hard in grrat tanks ? I see people fail hard in easy tanks too like a is-3. A IS-3  The tank made for the major population of wot players who arent bothered to learn what the mechanics of the game are.

Tinom5 #30 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View PostRedSantaTrooper, on 16 July 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

THIS IS THE CRAP I AM TALKING ABOUT. You just say it is good if played in a correct manner?!?!?! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?!?! 

Either say it is good because of its x stat in x location makes it strong to use in that manner as oppose to other tanks or quit your stupid crap!

he means that you cant use a weak armored vehicle as if it was a heavy armored one. It means what it means. Certain tanks require certan level of skill and time to learn. Im not saying that there is balance in the game but it isnt as bad as you describe it.

Tinom5 #31 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-
My point of view to the OPs question ? That is a true statment. People say that the M4 Rev is a bad tank uncapable of doing anything. Well no its not a bad tank. I use it to a great extent and i have seen other people making crazy battles with it. Hell i have seen panter 1 drivers making tier 9s look like idiots. You cant make every tank feel and play the same. Thus every tank can be good, if you know how to use it.

Enforcer1975 #32 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcro001, on 16 July 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

"There are no bad tanks, just bad tankers". Biggest WOT joke ever.

A certain tier 8 russian HT is a prime example of that don't you think? A bad player might survive longer and mist likely have a better wr in a good tank but he will still generally fail more often in it. And vice versa a good player will still do better in a less good tank than a bad player ever will be able to. 

Enforcer1975 #33 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTinom5, on 17 July 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

My point of view to the OPs question ? That is a true statment. People say that the M4 Rev is a bad tank uncapable of doing anything. Well no its not a bad tank. I use it to a great extent and i have seen other people making crazy battles with it. Hell i have seen panter 1 drivers making tier 9s look like idiots. You cant make every tank feel and play the same. Thus every tank can be good, if you know how to use it.

Ravioli might not be a bad tank but it is limited. You can have awesome games when you have the right mm even when low tier but that doesn't happen very often nowadays....i mean good luck trying to fight the new heavily armored tier 8-10 HTs with 250 heat pen...go flank them when you can't pen the front lol, you just don't have the speed. Very good players still do twice my damage because they know where to go, what to shoot and avoid dying early unlike a scrub like me but they will still have problems with stuff they can't penetrate. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 17 July 2017 - 07:20 AM.

Tinom5 #34 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9651 battles
  • [STAR-] STAR-

View PostEnforcer1975, on 17 July 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Ravioli might not be a bad tank but it is limited. You can have awesome games when you have the right mm even when low tier but that doesn't happen very often nowadays....i mean good luck trying to fight the new heavily armored tier 8-10 HTs with 250 heat pen...go flank them when you can't pen the front lol, you just don't have the speed. Very good players still do twice my damage because they know where to go, what to shoot and avoid dying early unlike a scrub like me but they will still have problems with stuff they can't penetrate. 

The idea is the same that a good player can make it work most of the time right ? ( not talking about me ) its a dificult tank the rev and tier 10 super Heavys make short work of it but that doesnt mean that if you hand it to a unicum or hell a nornal player it cant work. 

Enforcer1975 #35 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTinom5, on 17 July 2017 - 07:37 AM, said:

The idea is the same that a good player can make it work most of the time right ? ( not talking about me ) its a dificult tank the rev and tier 10 super Heavys make short work of it but that doesnt mean that if you hand it to a unicum or hell a nornal player it cant work. 

Didn't i just write the same thing? Why do you think good players do twice the damage we do in the same tank and have a better wr? It is still limited as i said...you can't do miracles in it against certain opponents. 

250swb #36 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22036 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKaltroh, on 16 July 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

People use those arguments for showing off. They have desperate need of making people see how great they are.

It is obvious that there is no balance in the game and it is intentional. There are OP, weak and free xp tanks. All for the purpose of making people spend money.

WG introduce a new tank, line or tech tree with OP tanks in order to force people to grind. Then apply buff/nerfs rinse and repeat.

Saying players who say 'you just need to learn to play it' amounts to showing off is no different at all from saying a tank is bad, because the subtext is always 'the tank is bad because I can't play it'. For every tank that somebody declares bad there is a player out there in the database that will make them look stupid by his performance with it.

But you are right in your point about 'no balance' being intentional, although you see it from the wrong perspective. Sure WG try to some extent to balance around a core of tanks in the game, and similarly balance the gameplay, but if you had perfect balance nothing would happen, the game would die, there would be nothing at all to keep players interested. Consider if your favourite sport was balanced, maybe it's football and every game you attend you know it will end in a draw because of balance. In real life you go to any football match knowing that one team or the other is the best team, and the prospect of upsetting that imbalance makes the game exciting. And so to WOT, and it's the fact that some players can play 'unplayable' tanks, that some tanks add a frisson of fear, and that some players will let the side down by getting one-shot in their Maus that makes the game exciting. Imbalance and excitement go hand in hand. Sometimes players don't realise that wanting just to win without also losing will in the end destroy WOT, and the best thing that WG could do is maintain a gradual rolling regime of imbalance across all tank trees so each gets it's day in the sun.

Edited by 250swb, 17 July 2017 - 08:09 AM.

captainpigg #37 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31170 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostTinom5, on 17 July 2017 - 05:54 AM, said:

And what about the people who fail hard in grrat tanks ? I see people fail hard in easy tanks too like a is-3. A IS-3  The tank made for the major population of wot players who arent bothered to learn what the mechanics of the game are.

Also this thread exists, as well there are "people" in the "Maus needs BL10" thread who still believes it needs a buff.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/375956-t29-is-rubbish/#topmost

STLR #38 Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30719 battles
  • [MIND] MIND

View PostRedSantaTrooper, on 16 July 2017 - 01:12 PM, said:

One of the most stupid arguments ever. 

We dont need to buff bad tanks. Black Prince is fine "if you know how to use it". Tiger II is not bad, "you just need to learn how to use it". I like my TVP it is quite good when you know how to use it. SP C1 is just as good as T71 "you just need to know how to play it".

why even buff weak tanks when you just need to learn how to use them-_-

Because it's easier to cry than to endure?! :)

Ps: good topic !

Tyrgrim #39 Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9998 battles

You should make people who say its only skill that counts play the Churchill GC for a month as punishment.

Starting at Stock.

Edited by Tyrgrim, 19 July 2017 - 09:51 AM.

STLR #40 Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30719 battles
  • [MIND] MIND

View PostTyrgrim, on 19 July 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

You should make people who say its only skill that counts play the Churchill GC for a month as punishment.

Starting at Stock.

zbwhhaha i heard it's atrocious :))

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users