Frontline, player driven Marketplace and Call-ins

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think? (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

I agree with... (3 options max)

1. Point 1 (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. Point 2 (1 vote [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. Point 3 (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. You shutting up, 'coz WG won't listen to a 50%er potato like you and neither should we (5 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

5. I don't know/I don't care/I'm confused/I have a different opinion (please comment) (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Hide poll

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14302 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

ATTN: Big wall of text, GoT style

1 - Frontline

There's a recent thread about Armored Recovery Vehicles that got me thinking (dangerous, I know)... why not do something similar in Frontline or in future maps of random battles instead?

On Frontlines, you can resupply in given spots and it is generally agreed that the economy was too bad.

Adding a support class (which would "convinently" [can't spell that] be named Support) that would deliver ammo and repair static vehicles. Players driving support vehicles would set their own price...

• per X00/hp restored
  • per module repaired (redundant)
  • per shells restored

They would be paid in credits, after the battle, whatever items they have sold. It could also encourage people to be in clans, grind to Tier X and so on, since people could get cheaper items there. Of course, WG would have to set a specific range so as to prevent abuse.

And then the obvious stuff: cooldowns, repairing limits, etc. One of the biggest problems in that thread's proposal is that it would create situations where the support vehicle would be right behind a heavy vehicle cutting a corner while fighting another one. To prevent that, RRR could only be made...

• in your 1/4 or 1/3 of your side (Random Battles)
  • in undisputed areas your side has caught (Frontline)

2 - Marketplace

In an entirely different matter, is the idea of having a community driven marketplace sound that bad?

Granted, most of what we need is already in the tech tree, store and armory, so there's not much we, players, can create as content and since wonder-tanks are out of the picture, that leaves us with vanity items, which again, have already been proposed.

But surely there's gotta be something else we can make to add to the game.

3 - Call in

Instead of artillery or the support vehicles mentioned here and on the above threads, what do you think about the idea of grinding for call-ins?

Basically...

A certain SANE Anti-SPG activist that can give positive feedback about the class despite hating it, unlike most of you... player

WG can't you just remove artillery and instead give call-ins for LTs such as off-map artillery barrages or airstrikes? These call-ins would require the LT to have line-of-sight on the location where the call-in should be deployed :)

So players interested in the kind of arty-support-gameplay could still do it, but in a LT instead, and they'd need to actively participate at the front and not 800 meters away :great:

and

If WoT really need indirect fire (and that is a big IF), I'd recommend you to instead give LTs the possibility to use call-ins like off-map artillery barrages, aircraft strafing runs and aircraft bombing strikes. These call-ins can be limited to the LTs view range and to have line-of-sight (so no satelite view), forcing it to actually take part in the battle and not camp in base. It would also allow you to give LTs a really unique touch by making them pure recon vehicles that depends less on their guns and more on their call-ins.

By line of sight, I would suggest setting the cap at 445m. Meaning, the LT would have to be able to spot their own targets to use the said call-in. Think of it like command and conquer generals. To prevent the LTs from exploiting this and use their cammo to stand themselves off from danger and just raining shells I would also suggest this:

• Cammo values (Paint and skills) would be reset to 0% while aiming, so the enemy has an equal chance to counter and even prevent the attack
  • Limited amount of call-ins per LT per team
  • LTs would have SPG MM (no more than 3 per side)

The only counter in this is having to compensate the players who have grinded them. But since the general opinion is that it should go away, why not do this instead?

I like arty but I would fully support its removal for this. Even more when considering the recent changes.

Or also use call ins to drop repair points like BF2 but only in larger maps.

inb4 ~le rantz. I understand there are bigger priorities at the moment, but that's no reason not to think of something else.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 16 July 2017 - 05:10 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36109 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I got shouted down a while ago for suggesting something similar to point 3.

Seems it's easier for some forumites to be critical than it is for them to be constructive.

Good effort tho bud.

+1

Dava_117 #3 Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17598 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

I like the first proposal. But, instead of reparing tanks everywhere I will suggest this (I took a look to the thread you linked and modified some ideas from there) :

ARV can repair module by coming less than 10m away from the target, getting paid for every module repaired.

ARV can repair tanks in the base circle, for a fair ammount of time and a max % of healtpool ( a patch it's not as good as a new armour plate). Getting paid for for the number of hitpoint repaired.

ARV can drag a destroyed tank to base cicle and take it back to fight with a max % of healtpool (getting paid as previous point). 

max 1 ARV for team.

I think that in this way ARV would be balanced and an intresting new tactical component of the gameplay...

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36109 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I can hear pitchforks being sharpened........................................:hiding:

Melebo #5 Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15791 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR
I think point 1 is too complicated but it's not that carefully worked out so can't really say. Point two: 'when pigs fly'. And point three actually sounds really good, never saw this idea. I think that could really change the game for the better but I'm biased as a arty hater...

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14302 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 July 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

I got shouted down a while ago for suggesting something similar to point 3.

Seems it's easier for some forumites to be critical than it is for them to be constructive.

Good effort tho bud.

+1

Can you provide a link? I'd like to see it nonetheless

View PostDava_117, on 16 July 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

I like the first proposal. But, instead of reparing tanks everywhere I will suggest this (I took a look to the thread you linked and modified some ideas from there) :

ARV can repair module by coming less than 10m away from the target, getting paid for every module repaired.

ARV can repair tanks in the base circle, for a fair ammount of time and a max % of healtpool ( a patch it's not as good as a new armour plate). Getting paid for for the number of hitpoint repaired.

ARV can drag a destroyed tank to base cicle and take it back to fight with a max % of healtpool (getting paid as previous point). 

max 1 ARV for team.

I think that in this way ARV would be balanced and an intresting new tactical component of the gameplay...

That's very interesting. Yes, it should, in theory, work if that was implemented. There's only a few tidbits that would have to be trimmed out to prevent abuse.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWindSplitter1, on 16 July 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

inb4 ~le rantz. I understand there are bigger priorities at the moment, but that's no reason not to think of something else.

There is also no reason to not use the search-function before posting, especially if you intend to write a wall of text.

Every single of your ideas got discussed already. Multiple times. 

You also completely failed to think about the consequences of your ideas.

In short:

1. Would only be possible as a new gamemode. Adding a new vehicle class you can only play in a certain gamemode would be not worth the time. Also, WG sucks at introducing new gamemodes.

2. Why the heck would we even need that? Besides that: Abuse.

3. No, thanks. Even though it would give light tank a true purpose.

Edited by Jigabachi, 16 July 2017 - 05:29 PM.

WindSplitter1 #8 Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14302 battles
  • [RYNO] RYNO

View PostJigabachi, on 16 July 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

There is also no reason to not use the search-function before posting, especially if you intend to write a wall of text. OK. I will next time.

Every single of your ideas got discussed already. Multiple times. Not necessarily my ideas given they have been discussed prior this thread. But it doesn't hurt to revisiting them. Think "Remove arty" threads

You also completely failed to think about the consequences of your ideas. Intentionally. The point of the thread is to discuss them. Hence, reopening them

Otherwise, I understand.

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36109 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWindSplitter1, on 16 July 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Can you provide a link? I'd like to see it nonetheless

That's very interesting. Yes, it should, in theory, work if that was implemented. There's only a few tidbits that would have to be trimmed out to prevent abuse.

I had a rummage & couldn't find it - maybe I'm imagining it :unsure:

Kozzy #10 Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38524 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

Likelihood of ideas being implemented correlate with the likelihood of WG getting more money as a result (directly or indirectly).  Can WG make money from you ideas?  

From my point of view: the general WoT populous has a hard enough time with a simple 15vs15 'random' battle format.  Some of them believe the game is rigged, some believe that everyone better than them must be hacking or that those using premium vehicles/premium account get some of bonus or indeed that buying expensive packages from the shop will lead directly to better stats.  These are the kind of dribbling idiots you expect to be able to grasp such game mechanics and use them 'properly'?

Sir_Bad #11 Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44035 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

Not gonna comment on the first two points, but about this "Call in".

Did you, by any chance play the rampage game mode? Because if you did, you should recall that something similar to your idea was implemented, but everyone had it. For me it was probably the single worst feature about the whole god damn mode and I hated it with a passion. Implementing such a feature into randoms, even when limiting it to lights, would make it even less predictable when and if you are gonna get smacked from above. So no, I am strongly opposed to the idea.

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50497 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. Healer class = no unworkable for many reasons 

2. Auction house =no see WoW

3. Air/Arty strikes = no see SH/CW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users