Broken game

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

_oWMWo_ #1 Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10067 battles
  • [SALI] SALI

After the last update game is totaly broken. 

After 1st team battle u loose 100 points, and then your personal rating gets stuck.

I sow dissapering is3 in front of us, pilot burning defender 2 times in a row, jp2 didnt penetrate t37....

Is any admin/developer interested in reparing personal ratings and the rest of fixed problems?

Sry if i posted on wrong place

1ncompetenc3 #2 Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36772 battles

I have no idea what points you're on about, IS-3 disappearing sounds like spotting mechanics working as intended, the other two things are RNG.

I honestly didn't realise there were people who cared about personal rating so at least I learned something from this thread.

PowJay #3 Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33734 battles

1. No one in their right mind gives a monkey's about PR.

2. The spotting mechanics of the game sometimes make the mind boggle. Earlier, with my view range covering the entire allied cap circle I could not see a25 ton enemy tank less than 300 metres away, but it is what it is. The mechanics of spotting and camouflage are exactly the same for everyone. 

3. RNG and the strange results it produces can be extremely frustrating. It may be difficult to appreciate that RNG can actually benefit worse players. Let's say that one good player faces off against a poor player in identical tanks. The good player aims at the enemy's weakspot and pens it every time. The poor player aims at a strong point and fails to pen every time.

RNG means that the good player's shots will not all hit the weakspot and not all that hit will necessarily penetrate. Meanwhile RNG gives the poor player some luck and allows him to accidentally hit a weakspot and to pen it. Without RNG, the poor player would be destroyed, while the good player might roll away undamaged. 

But yes, you see some weird stuff.

4. No one in their right mind gives a monkey's about PR.

Psychomantis198 #4 Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20677 battles
  • [SERPE] SERPE

looks like persoanal rating is locked you will only lose some points on the first game but not gain any if you win.

it was not like this previously maybe something changed in the current meta?

ExclamationMark #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles
yes

_EXODUZ_ #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Hello, ADMIN here.

Would you like me to increase your PR?

Epictide #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33823 battles
  • [BHAZ] BHAZ

3.RNG and the strange results it produces can be extremely frustrating. It may be difficult to appreciate that RNG can actually benefit worse players. Let's say that one good player faces off against a poor player in identical tanks. The good player aims at the enemy's weakspot and pens it every time. The poor player aims at a strong point and fails to pen every time.

RNG means that the good player's shots will not all hit the weakspot and not all that hit will necessarily penetrate. Meanwhile RNG gives the poor player some luck and allows him to accidentally hit a weakspot and to pen it. Without RNG, the poor player would be destroyed, while the good player might roll away undamaged. 

if this is true, then im done playing this game, why should a good player be punish for being good?? nobody stops the bad player for learning weak spots on tanks...

The RNG in this game is to big imo, when I drive a jg pz e100 and shoot a light tank or any tank, into the side and only do critical to them imo there are something wrong with the game 

Edited by Asklepi0s, 17 July 2017 - 09:24 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to red colour

Jigabachi #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_oWMWo_, on 16 July 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

I sow dissapering is3 in front of us, 

I guess "in front of us" means 250m away behind the local rainforest.

Block Quote

pilot burning defender 2 times in a row, 

And that's a problem because...?

Block Quote

jp2 didnt penetrate t37.... 

Crap happens? Aim better? Learn how the game works?

spamhamstar #9 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64301 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostEpictide, on 17 July 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

3. RNG and the strange results it produces can be extremely frustrating. It may be difficult to appreciate that RNG can actually benefit worse players. Let's say that one good player faces off against a poor player in identical tanks. The good player aims at the enemy's weakspot and pens it every time. The poor player aims at a strong point and fails to pen every time.

RNG means that the good player's shots will not all hit the weakspot and not all that hit will necessarily penetrate. Meanwhile RNG gives the poor player some luck and allows him to accidentally hit a weakspot and to pen it. Without RNG, the poor player would be destroyed, while the good player might roll away undamaged. 

if this is true, then im done playing this game, why should a good player be punish for being good?? nobody stops the bad player for learning weak spots on tanks...

The RNG in this game is to big imo, when I drive a jg pz e100 and shoot a light tank or any tank, into the side and only do critical to them imo there are something wrong with the game 

This is not actually true, but just used as an example of why RNG is in the game. 

Of course RNG doesn't make good players miss & bad players hit as it's exactly the same whatever your skill level.  2 players firing the exact same shot would get 2 different results due to 25% RNG on the accuracy.  There is nothing in the code that checks your PR (or whatever) before deciding how much RNG to apply to the shot (probably).   It does however mean that sometimes a shot you fired that would have missed will hit & sometimes a shot you fired that would have hit will miss.

If we assume that a good player is aiming correctly & a bad player isn't, the good player will still hit significantly more shots than the bad player.  A bad player shooting a shot that wouldn't hit could on occassion hit the shot, but is just as likely to miss by even more due to RNG.  You're still better off aiming correctly.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 17 July 2017 - 09:26 AM.

Kalashnikova_blyat #10 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42164 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

Crap happens? Aim better? Learn how the game works?

#8 why u try explain thing in this game if u don't have a clue about this game,omg this ppl man so Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 17 July 2017 - 09:27 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Epictide #11 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33823 battles
  • [BHAZ] BHAZ

so if you take the grille 15 it has 0.26 in disperssion pr 100 m and if you add the 25 % RNG on the accuracy it's no longer 0,26 then its way higher. Then you cant trust the stats on a tank 

Edited by Epictide, 17 July 2017 - 09:06 AM.

captainpigg #12 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30359 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostI_LOVE_RNG_, on 17 July 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

#8 why u try explain thing in this game if u don't have a clue about this game,omg this ppl man so Edited

Hit the gun or absorbed by the tracks, ie crap happens so aim better.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 17 July 2017 - 09:27 AM.

captainpigg #13 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30359 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostEpictide, on 17 July 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

so if you take the grille 15 it has 0.26 in disperssion pr 100 m and if you add the 25 % RNG on the accuracy it's no longer 0,26 then its way higher. Then you cant trust the stats on a tank 

Or way lower, it cuts both ways. Strange that I never see anyone [female dog]ing and whine on the forum when the +25% rnd goes their way, isn't it?

Epictide #14 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33823 battles
  • [BHAZ] BHAZ

View Postcaptainpigg, on 17 July 2017 - 09:06 AM, said:

Hit the gun or absorbed by the tracks, ie crap happens so aim better.

I was fully aimed every time, and I was aiming at the side of the turret

spamhamstar #15 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64301 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostEpictide, on 17 July 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

A gun with 0.26 accuracy is still going to be more accurate than a gun with 0.46.  The RNG on accuracy is not actually 25% anymore anyway, but I just used it as I couldn't be bothered explaining it properly.  Link below if you care:

http://wiki.wargamin..._and_Dispersion

captainpigg #16 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30359 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostEpictide, on 17 July 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

I was fully aimed every time, and I was aiming at the side of the turret

What tank were you shooting at and what with? Also obligatory, replay or it didn't happen.

Epictide #17 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33823 battles
  • [BHAZ] BHAZ
I was in my jg pz e100 and I shot at amx 13 90 and T57 heavy, I even shot the mutz in the back and no pen

OreH75 #18 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46058 battles
  • [3V] 3V

View Postcaptainpigg, on 17 July 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

What tank were you shooting at and what with? Also obligatory, replay or it didn't happen.

My best guess, replays are not enabled because reasons...

IncandescentGerbil #19 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
Don't get me wrong, missing fully aimed shots can be frustrating. Happened to me yesterday and my team lost a very close game because of it... But I can't help but think the game would lose a lot of excitement if it were toned down to "acceptable" levels. I know it's an arcade game, and not even close to realistic in so many ways, but these are mostly very clunky WW2 vehicles we are dealing with.
Might it be an idea to reduce RNG by tier? If the numbers are lower the higher you climb, that might appease the better players. It would also be consistent with the idea of newer tanks being more sophisticated. Just a thought.

PowJay #20 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33734 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 17 July 2017 - 07:56 AM, said:

This is not actually true, but just used as an example of why RNG is in the game.

Of course RNG doesn't make good players miss & bad players hit as it's exactly the same whatever your skill level.  2 players firing the exact same shot would get 2 different results due to 25% RNG on the accuracy.  There is nothing in the code that checks your PR (or whatever) before deciding how much RNG to apply to the shot (probably).   It does however mean that sometimes a shot you fired that would have missed will hit & sometimes a shot you fired that would have hit will miss.

If we assume that a good player is aiming correctly & a bad player isn't, the good player will still hit significantly more shots than the bad player.  A bad player shooting a shot that wouldn't hit could on occassion hit the shot, but is just as likely to miss by even more due to RNG.  You're still better off aiming correctly.

If you mean that this is how it is set up, you read me wrong....

What I mean is that the accuracy spread ensures that a good player cannot lay his gun exactly onto a weakspot, while penetration RNG means that he may not pen wherever he hits.

The opposite is true of a poor player who does not know about weakspots. RNG may allow him to hit a weaker area of armour despite him aiming at a stronger point.

I meant no suggestion that RNG is DELIBERATELY set this way for different classes of player.

View PostEpictide, on 17 July 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

3. RNG and the strange results it produces can be extremely frustrating. It may be difficult to appreciate that RNG can actually benefit worse players. Let's say that one good player faces off against a poor player in identical tanks. The good player aims at the enemy's weakspot and pens it every time. The poor player aims at a strong point and fails to pen every time.

RNG means that the good player's shots will not all hit the weakspot and not all that hit will necessarily penetrate. Meanwhile RNG gives the poor player some luck and allows him to accidentally hit a weakspot and to pen it. Without RNG, the poor player would be destroyed, while the good player might roll away undamaged.

RNG reduces the impact of a skilled player on lesser skilled players. A bad player who learns weak spots and aims at them is, by definition, not a bad player! It does punish the very knowledgeable players to a degree, but good players are good players despite the strange mechanics of the game: which are the same for EVERY player.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 17 July 2017 - 09:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users