Jump to content


59 Patton


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

qpranger #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 31051 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Can someone infinitely wiser than me explain why would anyone want to buy a tank like this today? Mediocre armour, 190mm pen, top speed just 50 kph. Yes, the view range is good, that's it? I bought the CDC the other day, a difficult tank indeed, but at least it has redeeming features. This outdated garbage though?

captainpigg #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30714 battles
  • 791
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014
You forgot that it's the most bullcrap piece of crap fake tank in the game, it should not be bought for that reason alone.

Edited by captainpigg, 17 July 2017 - 08:49 AM.


8126Jakobsson #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 61966 battles
  • 2,922
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
It trains Chinese people and is not a T-34-3, that's why.

qpranger #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 31051 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 17 July 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

It trains Chinese people and is not a T-34-3, that's why.

 

Well, I have the T-34-3, which could be much better of course, but if I had to buy either today, I would still go for the T-34-3.

captainpigg #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30714 battles
  • 791
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View Postqpranger, on 17 July 2017 - 07:55 AM, said:

 

Well, I have the T-34-3, which could be much better of course, but if I had to buy either today, I would still go for the T-34-3.

 

Also getting buffed next patch. 

Aikl #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25163 battles
  • 4,239
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Because it has '59' in the title. Prime buzzword right there.

 

Oh, and the 'Patton' part would imply it's a T9/T10 tank mix with a non-anemic gun.



Zodiac1960s #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36179 battles
  • 938
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View Postqpranger, on 17 July 2017 - 07:35 AM, said:

Can someone infinitely wiser than me explain why would anyone want to buy a tank like this today? Mediocre armour, 190mm pen, top speed just 50 kph. Yes, the view range is good, that's it? I bought the CDC the other day, a difficult tank indeed, but at least it has redeeming features. This outdated garbage though?

Penetration goes up to 212. I enjoy the T95E2,  so this should be fine. 18 bucks today and I like the Chinese tanks. 

 

 



lafeel #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

It is, I've found, actually a pretty good tank. Certainly that turret can surprise you (have seen a 59-P, not mine mind, bounce a Skorpion's ap shell).

 

To be honest, given that the Hype 59 isn't for sale, and the 34-3 not being for everyone, you could do worse.



Synopsis0 #9 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 37429 battles
  • 210
  • Member since:
    11-23-2012
when will be in shops again ? i must buy it :)

lafeel #10 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostSynopsis0, on 17 July 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

when will be in shops again ? i must buy it :)

 

Right now. https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/main/6760/ here's the direct link to the basic package.

Zodiac1960s #11 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36179 battles
  • 938
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostSynopsis0, on 17 July 2017 - 08:13 AM, said:

when will be in shops again ? i must buy it :)

For some strange reason I got it and 3-4 other offers 30% off, with the text "only for you"



Synopsis0 #12 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:18 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 37429 battles
  • 210
  • Member since:
    11-23-2012

View Postlafeel, on 17 July 2017 - 08:14 AM, said:

 

Right now. https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wot/main/6760/ here's the direct link to the basic package.

 

nope , doesn`t work , the link is broken and i cant see it in shop without link

lafeel #13 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostBlind_Hate, on 17 July 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

For some strange reason I got it and 3-4 other offers 30% off, with the text "only for you"

 

I have the exact same offer and I could have sworn I have a 59-P in my garage. On that basis it should be for everyone, no?

lafeel #14 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostSynopsis0, on 17 July 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

 

nope , doesn`t work , the link is broken and i cant see it in shop without link

 

Daft question but going to ask it anyway: Have you double checked you are actually logged in?

Zodiac1960s #15 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36179 battles
  • 938
  • [VOMIT] VOMIT
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View Postlafeel, on 17 July 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

 

I have the exact same offer and I could have sworn I have a 59-P in my garage. On that basis it should be for everyone, no?

Should be, but then why the special offer and he can't see it. I think Vodka was involved in what ever logic this was supposed to be.



lafeel #16 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 4964 battles
  • 1,503
  • [LAFIE] LAFIE
  • Member since:
    03-13-2011

View PostBlind_Hate, on 17 July 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

Should be, but then why the special offer and he can't see it. I think Vodka was involved in what ever logic this was supposed to be.

 

Either that or the site logged him out of the store. My bet is on the latter though.

Synopsis0 #17 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 37429 battles
  • 210
  • Member since:
    11-23-2012

View Postlafeel, on 17 July 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

 

Daft question but going to ask it anyway: Have you double checked you are actually logged in?

 

Ok  its worked , 30 % and i have the cuppon with 20 % after 4 years playing it was a good deal , thank you guys for help i wish you all a great day . no i cant see it it was bugged first time.

Edited by Synopsis0, 17 July 2017 - 09:24 AM.


Aikl #18 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25163 battles
  • 4,239
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostBlind_Hate, on 17 July 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

For some strange reason I got it and 3-4 other offers 30% off, with the text "only for you"

 

It's rather that you only can buy it once, prevents you from 'abusing' the 30% discount to get more gold. Or something.

 

30% off at least compensates a bit for the fact that the tanks on sale now, and T8 overall, requires quite the effort to do what they're meant for. Fun challenge and all that.



Makotti #19 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 12913 battles
  • 241
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010

T-34-3 -30% :O 

 

Now, where's my wallet...



sasopocmarany #20 Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9944 battles
  • 639
  • Member since:
    03-26-2013

well the pen is going to get buffed

but ultimately T-34-3 will be ultimately better than this since it's also getting some interresting buffs






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users