Sixth Sense

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

GeneralJock #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13992 battles

Guys, sorry if this is a stupid question, but something has started happening during my gameplay that definitely didn't happen before.

Best example is today I'm playing my T71 which has a cammo net and permanent cammo on it. I've motored over to a bush ahead of everyone, sitting stationary, and after a few seconds a couple of tanks ping up as I spot them. I don't shoot, don't move, just sit stationary waiting on the team to advance up behind me.

Suddenly I take a hit, lose a bunch of hit points, and then about a second later, my 6th sense pings up. I do mean a full second. Now I could understand a lucky shot into a bush where scouts commonly sit, but this is happening all over the maps, including half way through a game when I've been all over the map. Sitting stationary... BANG!... then 6th sense pings.

Clearly, I'm expecting to see my 6th sense go off before another player can aim, fire and hit me.

Is there some mechanic I'm not understanding? Could this be server lag (my ping is usually < 25ms and my FPS > 80)... it's very frustrating, and it's happening quite often.

Thanks for your advice.

loot_the_supermarket #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4139 battles
6th sense is not an immediate warning, it goes off a couple of seconds (maybe 3?) after you are spotted. That's why there's a crew enhancement available for 6th sense that enables faster notification.

GeneralJock #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13992 battles

Thanks a lot for that info. I couldn't understand why this wasn't happening before, but I guess it's because I'm using lower-skilled crews in my scout tanks...

Some of my crews are trained up on 4th skill and more, but some are pretty crap - will check this out.

Thanks again.

Merton15 #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13845 battles
Sixth sense comes on after three seconds. If an enemy was pre-aiming on your position (and they might well have been if it was a probable scouting spot), they could certainly score a hit before sixth sense lights up. I often pre-aim as team mates scout ahead to negate sixth sense and I doubt I am the only one. Conclusion? Working as intended.

Real_Rommel #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11315 battles

Sixth sense always is 3 seconds, unless you use the bonds to get it down to 2 seconds. So you're spotted 3 seconds before the sixth sense lightbulb shows up. 

Camonet has almost no effect by the way, what matters is that you have camo skill on all crew members, BIA, vents, and painted camo on tank. Food also improves skills (non-perk skills), so use cola, coffee, etc. The other lights also have high crew skills to get good view range so they can counter-spot lights. 

PS: It is also very important to not poke through the bush, sitting behind the bush is the point, if your tracks or hull poke out of the bush towards the enemy, he spots you as if there is no bush. 

Also, some bushes are denser than others, light bushes only improve camo by 10%, medium by 25%, dense by 50%. 

signal11th #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35404 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I knew you were going to post this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users