Jump to content


Which Tier 8 tank to buy today

#T8 #Helpguide

  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

deviljin786 #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

Hello Ladies and Gentleman I am in a slight predicament in which I have no idea which medium tank to buy that are on offer today. 

 

If you had the choice to pick the following which would you buy :

 

1) 59 Patton

2) PANTHER 8,8

3) M46 PATTON KR

4) STA-2

 

The reason the T34-3 is not in the list is because I already have it. 

 

Also the reason for your decision behind picking the tank would  be extremely helpful. 



Homer_J #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

I would go for the Patton KR if I didn't have the T25 Pilot because I like US med style of gameplay.



Dragonlordcv #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23966 battles
  • 851
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012
TIER 8 is dead i would advice none till MM change. Unless you do not care playing always against T10

Edited by Dragonlordcv, 17 July 2017 - 02:14 PM.


deviljin786 #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 17 July 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

I would go for the Patton KR if I didn't have the T25 Pilot because I like US med style of gameplay.

 

I have the Patriot so does that make the Patton KR obsolete or  does the Patton offer something the Patriot doesn't have (except crew training :) ?

CaptainCombat #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25131 battles
  • 95
  • [BACKS] BACKS
  • Member since:
    06-16-2012
I would pick the STA-2, mainly because of the decent premium ammo pen when you get chucked in tier x battles

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 14891 battles
  • 3,100
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

View PostDragonlordcv, on 17 July 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

TIER 8 is dead i would advice none till MM change. Unless you do not care playing always against T10

 

What doesn't help is that I see lately quite some T8 premium tanks in battle from people that have less than a few thousand battles.

deviljin786 #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View PostDragonlordcv, on 17 July 2017 - 01:13 PM, said:

TIER 8 is dead i would advice none till MM change. Unless you do not care playing always against T10

 

That is a very good point however i can save a bit of cash buying a package today and not use the tank until the MM  eventually gets sorted out.

qpranger #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 30767 battles
  • 5,061
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
STA-2.

deviljin786 #9 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View PostCaptainCombat, on 17 July 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

I would pick the STA-2, mainly because of the decent premium ammo pen when you get chucked in tier x battles

 

okay I will take that into account, is the STA-2  a fast paced medium or a back line/snipe medium?

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #10 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 14891 battles
  • 3,100
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012
If the 59 Patton didn't have that huge tumor on it's turret, than that tank would have been interesting.

deviljin786 #11 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 17 July 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

 

What doesn't help is that I see lately quite some T8 premium tanks in battle from people that have less than a few thousand battles.

 

I only have 5k  games in total but the fact that you can generate huge amounts of credits is very appealing to me, less time needed  to grind for credits. 

signal11th #12 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 33901 battles
  • 5,249
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Tbh the only tier 8's that are worth bothering with are the scorpion or the defender, maybe the patriot apart from that I wouldn't touch any of them with a bargepole. WG have basically killed tier 8.

Edited by signal11th, 17 July 2017 - 02:19 PM.


Dragonlordcv #13 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23966 battles
  • 851
  • Member since:
    03-10-2012

View Postdeviljin786, on 17 July 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

 

That is a very good point however i can save a bit of cash buying a package today and not use the tank until the MM  eventually gets sorted out.

 

And if WG decides to change it in 1 year + you would have wasted money imo. Use money  that would give you something now.. Virtual goods is not something to bet on.... That is WG's teachings

Edited by Dragonlordcv, 17 July 2017 - 02:20 PM.


deviljin786 #14 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View PostZe_HOFF_fverhoef, on 17 July 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

If the 59 Patton didn't have that huge tumor on it's turret, than that tank would have been interesting.

 

I read in the 59 Patton thread that they are  considering removing that huge copula, if so i would seriously consider buying one, but at the same time the T34-3 is also getting a decent buff. :/

deviljin786 #15 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View Postsignal11th, on 17 July 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

Tbh the only tier 8's that are worth bothering with are the scorpion or the defender, maybe the patriot apart from that I wouldn't touch any of them with a bargepole. WG have basically killed tier 8.

 

haha true,I have all 3 listed but I feel a change of play style, defender is just dirty, patriot has a unique play style and  the skorpion is amazing until you get derped from arty or japs. 

kripton69 #16 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1208 battles
  • 389
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    06-23-2016

None of the listed tanks are worth it at this point. Patton KR used to be pretty good when tier 8 mediums were still playable.

 

Panther 8,8 has never been good.

 

STA-2 is the most overrated of the bunch by a long margin. You'll hear lots of people saying it's one of the best tanks of its tier even though it's average at best.

 

On the other hand 59-Patton is the most underrated of the bunch, it's already one of the better mediums of the tier and it is going to get 212 penetration in the next patch. Still, it's a 240 alpha medium at tier 8 and not worth playing.

 

Löwe and to an extent STRV S1 are the only tanks from the summer discounts that are worth buying. STRV is no longer on discount but Löwe is and that's the tank you should be picking if you are to buy one.



THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #17 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9012 battles
  • 864
  • [CMC3] CMC3
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015
59 patton I would say, I think it will have a future ie , the lookout tower removed and tbh seems better than KR in some recent reviews, 400 viewrange ??.

Search_Warrant #18 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25990 battles
  • 5,333
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
None of them. because they meet tier 10.

deviljin786 #19 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View Postkripton69, on 17 July 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

None of the listed tanks are worth it at this point. Patton KR used to be pretty good when tier 8 mediums were still playable.

 

Panther 8,8 has never been good.

 

STA-2 is the most overrated of the bunch by a long margin. You'll hear lots of people saying it's one of the best tanks of its tier even though it's average at best.

 

On the other hand 59-Patton is the most underrated of the bunch, it's already one of the better mediums of the tier and it is going to get 212 penetration in the next patch. Still, it's a 240 alpha medium at tier 8 and not worth playing.

 

Löwe and to an extent STRV S1 are the only tanks from the summer discounts that are worth buying. STRV is no longer on discount but Löwe is and that's the tank you should be picking if you are to buy one.

I was  planning to  buy then i have the defender and patriot to make credits in as well   unless you can average more in a lowe then i  don't see any reason in buying it  apart from crew training. even then i could get the Vk45.03

View PostTHE_JACK_OF_HEARTS, on 17 July 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

59 patton I would say, I think it will have a future ie , the lookout tower removed and tbh seems better than KR in some recent reviews, 400 viewrange ??.

That does  make the Patton appealing but is it better then the T34-3 when the buffs takes place?

 

View PostDragonlordcv, on 17 July 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

 

And if WG decides to change it in 1 year + you would have wasted money imo. Use money  that would give you something now.. Virtual goods is not something to bet on.... That is WG's teachings

 

very true

deviljin786 #20 Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11850 battles
  • 66
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    12-11-2012

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 17 July 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

None of them. because they meet tier 10.

 

i thought the Panther had pref mm?

 

might be  mistaken 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users