Jump to content


would it work?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Zorbiitti #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19382 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

Lately I've been playing quite a lot, perhaps too much 'cos few things came up recently. Of course they are my opinions, so I encourage free speech.

 

​would it improve/balance/unbalance gameplay if:

​-MM would be changed to only +/- 1

​-obj 268 gets gun dep to -7 and 10 armor more on front, but not including LFP

​-enabling cross-chat back, but unusable by dead players (I mean destroyed tanks ;) )

​-removing sixth sense or making the delay a lot longer, like 3 sec more

​-arty stun effect would only be effective on tank that has been directly hitted

-premium ammo alpha -25%

​- introduce new ability, buttoned, which gives tank ability to NOT spot (and also +20 against crew injuries), because sometimes there are situations where you would like to lure opponent closer but not possible because you spot it and scare it away.

​-reduce armor on Maus -10 all around

​-reduce spotting distance -15m except on light tanks (spotting distance, NOT view range)

​-if tank stays stationary (camps) too long, like 1 min, camo starts to lose effect gradually

​-the top 2 players on losing side would receive exp/creds in the same amount like being on winning side

-introduce flame throwers!

 

 

​Thank you for reading and see you on the battlefield. ;)

 



Phobos4321 #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:05 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,403
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

- would break the balance of armor and gun pen  good players would win more often and bad players would be victimized far more than now

- neither need the 268 more armor or pen. but i would give it back at least a bit of its old mobility

- proably no real gain beside arty flame to be amused off

- 6 sec delay? in that time you could have died 3-4 times so the skill would just be pointless  thought afaik the skill awaits rework anyway like giving it to any commander/radioman upon reaching 100%

- would make all splashradius pointless   break the balance from accurate arties to the old big guns ones completly

- i would like to see  ammo matching the situation rather than pressing 2 solving all problems  higher pen vs lower damage seems ok  - if it should be 25% or more or less might be a topic for further discussions thought i doubt such a thing will happen 

- i dont see the point in sitting somewere blind and waiting to be spotted, shot and killed without being able to do anything  and you would even spend exp to cripple yourself ?

- wouldnt change anything

- whats the point in it ? if you would want to  make spotting greater for scouts athan for meds you should state the nerf should be aimed at meds still than there are still plenty of tanks/even meds that got rather bad view/spotting ranges so instead of rebalancing about 10 tanks you nerf all ?

- why are there equipments like camo nets or optics just working at staying stationary ? thought driving 1m back and forward again would fullfill your not camping while in reality the tanks would still camp   also some tanks are made for camping ...

- if you earn a epic medal you get the winning bonus anyway  also i dont think you should reward such players anyway  staying back farming damage even in some super heavy  without any need to play for a win when just doing damage is enough ?

- flamethrowers would be pointless so why add them ?



unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18176 battles
  • 2,693
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Dear OP,

 

Can I ask why you think these would be good ideas? What do you think each point would contribute to the game?



Phobos4321 #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,403
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011
might be personal interests or trolling

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9513 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015
some points are good, but it wont happen, maybe in a simulator, but not here

GekkoGordon #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:27 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4097 battles
  • 275
  • [-VUK-] -VUK-
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012

+1/-1 maybe in a few years

Prem ammo -20% dmg very possible in near future

i sometimes miss the global chat, now i can't flame noobs, statpadders, clickers and tryhards

 

for the rest no opinion



Zorbiitti #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19382 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostPhobos4321, on 17 July 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

- would break the balance of armor and gun pen  good players would win more often and bad players would be victimized far more than now

- neither need the 268 more armor or pen. but i would give it back at least a bit of its old mobility

- proably no real gain beside arty flame to be amused off

- 6 sec delay? in that time you could have died 3-4 times so the skill would just be pointless  thought afaik the skill awaits rework anyway like giving it to any commander/radioman upon reaching 100%

- would make all splashradius pointless   break the balance from accurate arties to the old big guns ones completly

- i would like to see  ammo matching the situation rather than pressing 2 solving all problems  higher pen vs lower damage seems ok  - if it should be 25% or more or less might be a topic for further discussions thought i doubt such a thing will happen 

- i dont see the point in sitting somewere blind and waiting to be spotted, shot and killed without being able to do anything  and you would even spend exp to cripple yourself ?

- wouldnt change anything

- whats the point in it ? if you would want to  make spotting greater for scouts athan for meds you should state the nerf should be aimed at meds still than there are still plenty of tanks/even meds that got rather bad view/spotting ranges so instead of rebalancing about 10 tanks you nerf all ?

- why are there equipments like camo nets or optics just working at staying stationary ? thought driving 1m back and forward again would fullfill your not camping while in reality the tanks would still camp   also some tanks are made for camping ...

- if you earn a epic medal you get the winning bonus anyway  also i dont think you should reward such players anyway  staying back farming damage even in some super heavy  without any need to play for a win when just doing damage is enough ?

- flamethrowers would be pointless so why add them ?

 

-Oh, I thought that balance would be more equal if it was only like tiers 8-9, 9-10 than just Maus vs 8 tier or defender vs 6 tier.. and people complain especially on tier8 MM.

-object 704 has -6 so it would seem fit to 268 to have same or even greater, and having greater dep you make ur armor more effective same time. Perhaps the armor buff is not needed.

-perhaps not, would be just great to ins.. chat with old friends when they are on the enemy team :playing:

-I have started playing when those skills weren't even existing, and I actually like it more. It takes more skill to know where and when you are spotted than depending on the sense..

-splash and damage is ok, just that the direct hit would make stun effect, it wouldn't be even close to those old time arties.. it seems a bit stupid to drive in a heavy (or something else) and arty doesn't hit even near you, you don't take any damage at all but you are "stunned" 'cos u were like 12m away of the impact, doh.

- Yes well, perhaps you just have not been in a situation like explained

-20mm was increased, changed a lot, now if we take 10 away doesn't change a thing? That I won't buy.

-No point nerfing others view ranges 'cos you can easily get it "back" via equip, food, skills etc. Like I stated SPOTTING distance, that would change the mechanics. Heavy/med/td just doesn't spot that light at 445m, but the light does spot those others. It would be easier to lights dig up those campers..

-When you move, you break your stationary camo( plus camo nets deactivate), that makes a huge difference, especially prokhorovka/campinovka..

-Yes you're propably right.

-flame throwers are just so cool

 

 

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 17 July 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Dear OP,

 

Can I ask why you think these would be good ideas? What do you think each point would contribute to the game?

 

You can find my thoughts at the reply I posted to phobos
 

View PostPhobos4321, on 17 July 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

might be personal interests or trolling

 

Like I stated at the beginning, yes they are my personal interests/thoughts/ideas.
 
 

kripton69 #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:25 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1208 battles
  • 389
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    06-23-2016

+1/-1 would be a fantastic change but there are lots of brainwashed players in this game who see balance as some kind of an unnecessary evil that should be killed with fire.

 

They think that putting a Japanese Tiger against a Defender is "variety" even though I can't think of anything more boring, straightforward and dumbed down. Such severe unbalance creates stagnant gameplay where one tank can do whatever it wants, most of its mistakes will go unpunished and a lone Defender can single-handedly carry a flank. On the other hand we have these Japanese Tigers who are going to be humping a corner because they don't have any viable plays available because the enemy Defender happened to come to the same flank and their tank is too slow to relocate. 

 

Alternatively they call +2/-2 a "challenge" because they think there isn't enough challenge in being top/mid tier and consistently performing but getting [edited]ed every few games by the matchmaking is totally needed. Of course when they praise the epic challenge of playing a tier 8 medium vs. a bunch of higher tier heavies including Mauses and Type 5s in Mountain Pass they conveniently leave out the part that +2/-2 is also the sole reason why these Mauses and Type 5s get some extreme faceroll battles. Every time they get their "epic bottom tier challenge" that means there are who are tanks that are two tiers higher who being fed a free lunch. I wonder if they also feel the game is offering them a super fun challenge when their own Defender is being fielded against 12 lower tier tanks. Geez, I guess that's the "variety" part then. 

 

The only reason why +2/-2 exists is to dumb down the game and create unhealthy, artificial RNG. And of course, to frustrate players into free XPing through their bad tanks. I can't understand why would any player defend this except the same people who believe that artillery and tanks like ISU are good for the game despite the countless negative aspects they bring. I have noticed there are some people who think that the more broken the game is, the better because it generally allows them to find some way to overperform without having to learn the game. You know all those camper bots who go to A1 corner of Fisherman's Bay or the peninsula of Fjords with their TDs because it allows them to consistently get a steady, baddish 48% win rate which is still 2-3% better than they would get if they actually tried to play the game and learn the mechanics.

 

At least the situation isn't as bad as it used to be anymore. 9.18 was a great patch with lots of +1/-1 and +0/-0 battles but then Wargaming realized people were having too much fun and in 9.19 they made the system prioritize the 3-5-7 format. The new matchmaker is still better than the 9.17 one but after having so much fun in 9.18 only to see WG [edited] it up again in 9.19 I can barely be arsed to play randoms anymore.


Edited by kripton69, 17 July 2017 - 07:26 PM.


WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16025 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostZorbiitti, on 17 July 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

​-MM would be changed to only +/- 1 - Not all of us want this. I would support players being able to choose higher Tier spread. I for one, did enjoyed a lot the late Scout MM.

​-obj 268 gets gun dep to -7 and 10 armor more on front, but not including LFP- Never met this tank so, I have no oppinion

​-enabling cross-chat back, but unusable by dead players (I mean destroyed tanks  )- There's a good reason why it was removed. And it should stay that way. What I'd like to see is decommissioned tank drivers prevented from using the chat in the first place. If you're dead, your contribution is over

​-removing sixth sense or making the delay a lot longer, like 3 sec more- That would net to its removal, which again, I do not oppose.

​-arty stun effect would only be effective on tank that has been directly hitted- Fully agree. Considering you can do more damage by near misses than direct hits, this makes perfect sense.

-premium ammo alpha -25% - Again, agree. Dinger ammo should have some penalties associated. But up to a maximum of -30%. Any more is too much. Although this might be implemented in the future.

​- introduce new ability, buttoned, which gives tank ability to NOT spot (and also +20 against crew injuries), because sometimes there are situations where you would like to lure opponent closer but not possible because you spot it and scare it away.- Interesting... This is a neat suggestion, I like it. But it would need some testing first.

​-reduce armor on Maus -10 all around - No. Turret Cheeks and lower glacis as it was before. And the gun ports on the sides and rear.

​-reduce spotting distance -15m except on light tanks (spotting distance, NOT view range)- Is there a difference? If not then, no. Buff LT VR by that.

​-if tank stays stationary (camps) too long, like 1 min, camo starts to lose effect gradually - Agreed entirely.

​-the top 2 players on losing side would receive exp/creds in the same amount like being on winning side - This would encourage camping, redline sniping, etc. So no. Besides, there are already rewards for that... "Courageous resistance"

-introduce flame throwers! - We already have those. They are called "High/ly Explosive shells"

 

 

​Thank you for reading and see you on the battlefield. ;)

- You're welcome. gl & hf

 

Some are neat suggestions.

But unfortunately the community kinda frowns on what's new.

 

View Postkripton69, on 17 July 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

+1/-1 would be a fantastic change but there are lots of brainwashed players in this game who see balance as some kind of an unnecessary evil that should be killed with fire.

 

They think that putting a Japanese Tiger against a Defender is "variety" even though I can't think of anything more boring, straightforward and dumbed down. Such severe unbalance creates stagnant gameplay where one tank can do whatever it wants, most of its mistakes will go unpunished and a lone Defender can single-handedly carry a flank. On the other hand we have these Japanese Tigers who are going to be humping a corner because they don't have any viable plays available because the enemy Defender happened to come to the same flank and their tank is too slow to relocate. 

 

Alternatively they call +2/-2 a "challenge" because they think there isn't enough challenge in being top/mid tier and consistently performing but getting [edited]ed every few games by the matchmaking is totally needed. Of course when they praise the epic challenge of playing a tier 8 medium vs. a bunch of higher tier heavies including Mauses and Type 5s in Mountain Pass they conveniently leave out the part that +2/-2 is also the sole reason why these Mauses and Type 5s get some extreme faceroll battles. Every time they get their "epic bottom tier challenge" that means there are who are tanks that are two tiers higher who being fed a free lunch. I wonder if they also feel the game is offering them a super fun challenge when their own Defender is being fielded against 12 lower tier tanks. Geez, I guess that's the "variety" part then. 

 

The only reason why +2/-2 exists is to dumb down the game and create unhealthy, artificial RNG. And of course, to frustrate players into free XPing through their bad tanks. I can't understand why would any player defend this except the same people who believe that artillery and tanks like ISU are good for the game despite the countless negative aspects they bring. I have noticed there are some people who think that the more broken the game is, the better because it generally allows them to find some way to overperform without having to learn the game. You know all those camper bots who go to A1 corner of Fisherman's Bay or the peninsula of Fjords with their TDs because it allows them to consistently get a steady, baddish 48% win rate which is still 2-3% better than they would get if they actually tried to play the game and learn the mechanics.

 

At least the situation isn't as bad as it used to be anymore. 9.18 was a great patch with lots of +1/-1 and +0/-0 battles but then Wargaming realized people were having too much fun and in 9.19 they made the system prioritize the 3-5-7 format. The new matchmaker is still better than the 9.17 one but after having so much fun in 9.18 only to see WG [edited] it up again in 9.19 I can barely be arsed to play randoms anymore.

 

Can't speak for other vehicles but historically, T-34-85 fought against Tiger II, IIRC. So there's some basis on that. I'd like if it was possible to choose a higher tier spread for your tank (bringing scout mm back)
 

Zorbiitti #10 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19382 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

Windsplitter, what I meant by reducing spotting distance on others than lights is not about view range. Spotting distance is currently capped at 445m(game mechanics), view range after that only helps reducing enemy camo. So if spotting is 445m on lights and others have 430m lights would have a considerable advantage here. Of course there are too many maps currently where this all doesn't matter.. :sceptic:

What comes to my MM suggestion, I'm very comfortable with the current one, but I try to look from a different perspective too. I know there are tanks that have more trouble at higher tier games than others, but also on player base too.



sasopocmarany #11 Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9959 battles
  • 639
  • Member since:
    03-26-2013

 

View PostZorbiitti, on 17 July 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

Lately I've been playing quite a lot, perhaps too much 'cos few things came up recently. Of course they are my opinions, so I encourage free speech.

 

​would it improve/balance/unbalance gameplay if:

​-MM would be changed to only +/- 1 good one

​-obj 268 gets gun dep to -7 and 10 armor more on front, but not including LFP agreeable

​-enabling cross-chat back, but unusable by dead players (I mean destroyed tanks ;) ) also a good idea

​-removing sixth sense or making the delay a lot longer, like 3 sec more not sure

​-arty stun effect would only be effective on tank that has been directly hitted makes sense

-premium ammo alpha -25% not sure but it would be a way to make the game kind of better i guess

​- introduce new ability, buttoned, which gives tank ability to NOT spot (and also +20 against crew injuries), because sometimes there are situations where you would like to lure opponent closer but not possible because you spot it and scare it away. not sure this is a good idea

​-reduce armor on Maus -10 all around just give it less front armor and dpm and stuff but good point

​-reduce spotting distance -15m except on light tanks (spotting distance, NOT view range) nah

​-if tank stays stationary (camps) too long, like 1 min, camo starts to lose effect gradually this would destroy TDs and some light tanks but you have a point

​-the top 2 players on losing side would receive exp/creds in the same amount like being on winning side definitely a great idea

-introduce flame throwers! i guess

 

 

​Thank you for reading and see you on the battlefield. ;)

 

 

here is my opinion on your opinion xd

Edited by Asklepi0s, 18 July 2017 - 09:02 AM.


PowJay #12 Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35446 battles
  • 4,192
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

MM has been +/- 1 in a lot of mid-tier battles. There is nothing wrong with it. I would NEVER support single tier MM as there are plenty of heavily armoured tanks that same tiers CANNOT deal with (as least not easily). The Matilda is a prime example. Also, as my keeper tanks mostly manage to perform reasonably well with -2 MM, I don't have a huge issue with it

 

Object 268 is a non-issue. No-one cares enough about it and it is gun arc that needs changing as far as I understand it.

 

I do NOT miss cross team chat at all, but if it was re-introduced, then dead players would definitely have to be prevented from using it- revealing allied positions being a prime reason.

 

6th sense- as daft as it is- is available to EVERYONE, in time. Everyone has the possibility to use that advantage and so I don't care for it to be removed.

 

Premium ammo should be controlled. Other than limit the load-out or increase the cost, reducing the damage while keeping the increased pen is a valid option, IMHO.

 

WUT?

 

Don't care.

 

WUT? again.

 

Huh?

 

A fair idea.

 

NO!



Phobos4321 #13 Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,403
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

View PostZorbiitti, on 17 July 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

 

-Oh, I thought that balance would be more equal if it was only like tiers 8-9, 9-10 than just Maus vs 8 tier or defender vs 6 tier.. and people complain especially on tier8 MM.

-object 704 has -6 so it would seem fit to 268 to have same or even greater, and having greater dep you make ur armor more effective same time. Perhaps the armor buff is not needed.

-perhaps not, would be just great to ins.. chat with old friends when they are on the enemy team :playing:

-I have started playing when those skills weren't even existing, and I actually like it more. It takes more skill to know where and when you are spotted than depending on the sense..

-splash and damage is ok, just that the direct hit would make stun effect, it wouldn't be even close to those old time arties.. it seems a bit stupid to drive in a heavy (or something else) and arty doesn't hit even near you, you don't take any damage at all but you are "stunned" 'cos u were like 12m away of the impact, doh.

- Yes well, perhaps you just have not been in a situation like explained

-20mm was increased, changed a lot, now if we take 10 away doesn't change a thing? That I won't buy.

-No point nerfing others view ranges 'cos you can easily get it "back" via equip, food, skills etc. Like I stated SPOTTING distance, that would change the mechanics. Heavy/med/td just doesn't spot that light at 445m, but the light does spot those others. It would be easier to lights dig up those campers..

-When you move, you break your stationary camo( plus camo nets deactivate), that makes a huge difference, especially prokhorovka/campinovka..

-Yes you're propably right.

-flame throwers are just so cool

 

 

- how would it be more equal ? i mean look at  AT2, O-I etc, they work extremly well being toptiers  thats being compensated when they end up in a T7/8 game on the other hand there are tanks ignoring armor goint for pen. or mobility  they might not do so well as toptiers  but they perform far better being lowtier than the rolling bunkers   taking a crysler out of T10 battles and basically give it a special mm would make it worse or give it a further push? 

- 268 armor can be quite trollish even now

- would/could you know you are spotted without 6th sense? being shot would be probably the best indicator for being spotted 

- the damage coming from a splash hardly cuts it  4k+ still lost ~ 20k and thats without premium consumables or ammo http://wotreplays.co...e/3707926#stats other arty again 4k+ damage http://wotreplays.co...e/3707923#stats still lost crds  thought about 900 stun damage seemed to add up to a few k more crds   somehow i doubt you would like to sit in a Maus when some 200+ mm shell explodes 12m away (at least i wouldnt want to)

- 260 or 250mm of armor ? if angled its hard to pen it even with premium ammo  so having a weakspot should be better than going for 10mm less armor

- just spotting distance is linked to viewing distance  and i can tell you driving a T5 tank havingto face 2 T7 scouts is normally nastier than fighting 2 T7 heavies  improving the spotting chance of scouts wouldnt really be nice in my opinion   thought there might be adjustments for the T9/10  scout/med balancing  than again its more like i think that the high tier meds are far to good jack of all trades without prominent weakpoints

- and after a few seconds the camo is up again for the next minute ?  still wouldnt change anything if someone went with double bushes etc

- cool maybe but its anti infantry  and there is 0 infantry in this game



ricoBenitez1 #14 Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:44 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 506 battles
  • 608
  • Member since:
    10-29-2013

Easy solution to all the give us +/-1 mm.  Lets reroll back to the old +/-5 mm or was it more,

Just for a month or 2 weeks so all can see hov nice the +/-2mm is compared



DracheimFlug #15 Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostPhobos4321, on 18 July 2017 - 08:36 AM, said:

 

 

- cool maybe but its anti infantry  and there is 0 infantry in this game

 

Flamethrowers are not just anti-infantry. WWII era tanks weren't so sealed as modern tanks, and flamethrowers were mostly anti-bunker weapons. The main reasons not to have them in game are (1) very short range, and (2) the fuel/ammo tanks for the flamethrower vehicles would be very vulnerable. 

 

That said, several flame tanks still retained their main guns so would still be viable outside of point blank range. The problem in that case though is it would need multi gun support, which they still have not implemented.



Zorbiitti #16 Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19382 battles
  • 119
  • Member since:
    06-01-2011

View PostPhobos4321, on 18 July 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

 

- how would it be more equal ? i mean look at  AT2, O-I etc, they work extremly well being toptiers  thats being compensated when they end up in a T7/8 game on the other hand there are tanks ignoring armor goint for pen. or mobility  they might not do so well as toptiers  but they perform far better being lowtier than the rolling bunkers   taking a crysler out of T10 battles and basically give it a special mm would make it worse or give it a further push? 

- 268 armor can be quite trollish even now

- would/could you know you are spotted without 6th sense? being shot would be probably the best indicator for being spotted 

- the damage coming from a splash hardly cuts it  4k+ still lost ~ 20k and thats without premium consumables or ammo http://wotreplays.co...e/3707926#stats other arty again 4k+ damage http://wotreplays.co...e/3707923#stats still lost crds  thought about 900 stun damage seemed to add up to a few k more crds   somehow i doubt you would like to sit in a Maus when some 200+ mm shell explodes 12m away (at least i wouldnt want to)

- 260 or 250mm of armor ? if angled its hard to pen it even with premium ammo  so having a weakspot should be better than going for 10mm less armor

- just spotting distance is linked to viewing distance  and i can tell you driving a T5 tank havingto face 2 T7 scouts is normally nastier than fighting 2 T7 heavies  improving the spotting chance of scouts wouldnt really be nice in my opinion   thought there might be adjustments for the T9/10  scout/med balancing  than again its more like i think that the high tier meds are far to good jack of all trades without prominent weakpoints

- and after a few seconds the camo is up again for the next minute ?  still wouldnt change anything if someone went with double bushes etc

- cool maybe but its anti infantry  and there is 0 infantry in this game

 

-not all tanks perform greatly when top tier, yes there are tanks that have bigger advantages but then it's question about few individual tanks, not the MM in general. Generally +/- 1 MM is more balanced, some tanks that are not. Tier 7s are just cannon fodder for tier9, and usually tier8 goes the same path in tier10 games. Of course that all is depended upon the player skills etc.

 in general.

-just bought the tank, I only miss the gun dep that 704 had. Yes, even -1 matters, there are multiple nice spots that 704 could use but now in 268 that just doesn't work (without completely revealing urself and getting hammered). Yes we can forget the armor, that wasn't the main case.

-exactly, the skill comes more viable then. Like I said, I have experience when that skill wasn't even implemented..

-In real life tank got flipped on it's side if it was directly hit by 152mm or bigger shell fired by arty.

-Turret would be a bit easier to pen, even with standard ammo.

-that's where current MM kicks in ;), would it be easier to confront only tier6?

-Losing stationary camo is a huge issue in smaller maps, especially on those swedish tds.. Yes, camo would come back but one would have to break it time to time. Like in obj 268 my stat camo is like 32% so enemy which has 500 v.range can't detect me beyond 340m.. unless I break my camo by moving even a pixel...

-Let's bring arty so we can toast them!:D (actually tanks were very vulnerable to flame throwers back then)



malachi6 #17 Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49938 battles
  • 3,478
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
The only thing cross team chat was used for was.  The crassest forms of insults and general bigotry.  Like a vestigial organ it served no useful purpose at all. To my mind, one of the best changes to the game was its removal.

Phobos4321 #18 Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,403
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

there would still remain the skill aspect better tanks equal a bit of missing skill, arent it the toptier games that allow not so good players to "shine"  ? arent it that games that keep them motivated and in the game ? the closer the tank performance to bigger should be the impact of skill be. so we might see good players reaching 70 perhaps 75% solo winrates  while for the bad players their winrate might drop to 25-30% in the long run i would expect this to have a large negative impact on the number of players   less victims, longer waiting times, less money less support  might build a feedback loop dragging the game down  

 

the great time of the 268 is long over  but it wasnt about armor or dep. that made the tanks as bad as its now  we got the 850--> 750 damage  buts thats true for most of the high tier tds but than again it lost camo and massivly its mobility

 

i got my games with only repair, camo and firefighting as skills avaible too

 

250/260mm unangled  if its not a td most tanks wouldnt pen it with standard ammo if they didt score a high roll

 

im not really happy with scouts as toptiers anyway  and quite some of them packs a punch

 

so shouldnt be your target to nerf the camo of swedish tds ?

 

somehow i doubt flamethrower tanks were so effective vs tanks back then  i mean you carry a large amount of fuel  and whats the range of it ? 5m 10m  wouldnt most tanks get rid of the flamethrower tank before it even could get close ?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users