Why put them againts very high tiers?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

PanzerKnight #1 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:27 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22753 battles
The tier 5 LTs are so overstimated that the random game maker puts them on games with 3-5 or more -.- (each team) tier 10 tanks (WTF?). Even for the other tier 5 tanks fighting in a game with tier 8+ tanks is already quite excessive just think about a LIGHT TANK (even if they cost too much, but that's not the problem). Why cant the random game maker consider this light tanks like their co-tier tanks whom rarely fights in game with tier 8+ tanks....

I would like to say it again:

THEY'RE LIGHT TANKS!!! -.-

Addi64 #2 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8067 battles
and since there are no light tanks above tier 5 and the devs/matchmaking considers high tier battles also need scout tanks they are put in those matches.
This is normal and works as designed. If you like it or not, it will most likely never change and if you are not down with scouting you should play a different tank tree.

Addi64 #3 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 8067 battles
I think this chart is still valid:
http://forum.worldof...-making-system/

Panzer3Destroyer #4 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15886 battles
You cant expect from light tank even for tier 5 to be OP (even tho people make threads about them being OP) ,they are good where they are, and thier main role is still just SCOUT and KILL enamy ARTY IF POSSIBLE and search for other light tanks.Also your 46% hit ratio preety much clears the things, when you want tier 5 lights in lower tier battles, but that doesnt mean that lower tier battles are played by noobs.

Regards

Berbo #5 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:41 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 34045 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
It would be even worse if you put them against T1 Heavy or KV, nobody could stand a chance in those matches. Anyway like you noticed, all high tiers (Hvy T10, AT8, MT9, LT5) are meant to be played in TC or Clan wars. Anyway why dont you try with T4 Light tanks? :)

Regards.

Arkhell #6 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles
i'm tempted to bolt this make it very big and shiney... but well that would be rather sad

They're  bloody tier 5 scout tanks, thats why they need 50K exp and cost as much  as tier 6 medium tanks! if you put them in a tier 5 battle they kill  everything on sight cause they are ballanced for higher tier fights and  are totally op in tier 5 (just like leo and T-50 in tier 4 battles)

and making more posts abnout it in different sections of the forum is just plain anoying

2die4khaine #7 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 21103 battles
When played right the T5 lights are more than good in Tier 8-9-10 battles. A good scout or arty killer can change the course of the fight when played right. They can do things few, if any, other tanks can.

OldIronsides #8 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4297 battles

View PostPanzerKnight, on 04 November 2011 - 09:27 AM, said:

The tier 5 LTs are so overstimated that the random game maker puts them on games with 3-5 or more -.- (each team) tier 10 tanks (WTF?). Even for the other tier 5 tanks fighting in a game with tier 8+ tanks is already quite excessive just think about a LIGHT TANK (even if they cost too much, but that's not the problem). Why cant the random game maker consider this light tanks like their co-tier tanks whom rarely fights in game with tier 8+ tanks....

I would like to say it again:

THEY'RE LIGHT TANKS!!! -.-

Also it is quite obvious that you did not follow the discussion and the whole development of those tanks. They are meant to be like that and they are meant to be in the battles they are at. They were designed as scout tanks for the highest matches.

PanzerKnight #9 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22753 battles

View PostArtyomSTALKER, on 04 November 2011 - 09:34 AM, said:

You cant expect from light tank even for tier 5 to be OP (even tho people make threads about them being OP) ,they are good where they are, and thier main role is still just SCOUT and KILL enamy ARTY IF POSSIBLE and search for other light tanks.Also your 46% hit ratio preety much clears the things, when you want tier 5 lights in lower tier battles, but that doesnt mean that lower tier battles are played by noobs.

Regards
Its not like i want to play on low tier battles cause i think they are played by noobs... i just want a fight without too much high tier tanks... if have ever played a tier 5 lt you would know that you can scout only up to 2 or less cause you would be dead by then (one shot one kill) and it would be a miracle to see a arty -.- (unless they're the new type of arty players who attack XD (seen 5+ players like that now XD)).

Arkhell #10 Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 16942 battles

View PostPanzerKnight, on 04 November 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

Its not like i want to play on low tier battles cause i think they are played by noobs... i just want a fight without too much high tier tanks... if have ever played a tier 5 lt you would know that you can scout only up to 2 or less cause you would be dead by then (one shot one kill) and it would be a miracle to see a arty -.- (unless they're the new type of arty players who attack XD (seen 5+ players like that now XD)).

thats because you rush like a madman and get killed for doing what everyone expects you to do, not doing what you should be doing (spotting without getting seen and attacking from the flanks taht are ungaurded, wait till teh match progresses and then (only then) get in there and kill teh arty)

azakow #11 Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 84567 battles
IMO, you obviously have not spent enough time, reading posts about tanks, reading posts about tactics, learning about maps, beeing on the battle field overall, hence the harsh welcome.

I would like to say, just dont get hit!
You may reach a point in your WoT career, at which the MM with very high tiers will be the complete oposite of your current reception.

See you on the battle field!

vlajko #12 Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34209 battles
  • [RAWR] RAWR
Only problem I see with t5 lights (and I have all 3 of them and enjoy driving them) is unbelievable number of no arti matches they are getting into. If I would have that many no arti games in my other tanks, this game would be far more enjoyable.

T5 lights seem to be the police of WoT - they are never around when you need one.

domokun #13 Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32386 battles
Ahh this thread again. Quite simply tier five light tanks aren't balanced to played against other tier five tanks, with exceptions of other tier five scouts and naturally artillery. Those are tier fives only because previous tank that branch of tech tree was tier four. Stats of tier five light tanks are much better than tier five TD's or mediums. Tier five lights also pretty much rape tier five heavies, even when slugging out it with 'em stationary.

@vlajko

Arties aren't only ones benefiting from spotting by others. Heavy or TD that is 400m meters or so away might also get a change to fire at target scout spots.

vlajko #14 Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34209 battles
  • [RAWR] RAWR

View Postdomokun, on 04 November 2011 - 11:06 PM, said:

@vlajko

Arties aren't only ones benefiting from spotting by others. Heavy or TD that is 400m meters or so away might also get a change to fire at target scout spots.

Oh, don't get me wrong, that's wasn't what I was thinking at all. I'm just trying to start a conspiracy theory about how it can't possibly be an accident that t5 lights are excluded from arti-parties.

Once is an accident, twice or 3 times maybe... but if it happens 90% of time there is something fishy going on there.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #15 Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles
Need more explanation?
Fired AP shells only...

Posted Image

Ebeneezergoode #16 Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9581 battles
The tier 5 lights, as others are indeed intended as dedicated scouts for higher tier matches. Inspite of being tier 5, in that they follow on from the tier 4 in the tree, it's better to think of them as being higher than that. They are end of line, i.e. the very top scouts. Also their cost and repair bill are directly linked to this, and I'd have thought, would encourage responsible scouting.

Just because they're blisteringly fast compared to most tanks they're stacked against, this does not mean you should charge hell for leather straight at the enemy. Light them up, communicate with your arty, and keep your self safe as much as you can, and only break through to engage targets of oppurtunity when you can do so with minimal risk to yourself.

A good scout can influence a match more than any other tank, because it acts as a multiplier for the effectiveness of the artillery, and overall grants your team better situational awareness. This is all terribly wasted (not to mention a disservice to your team mates) if you try to use it as a combat vehicle, no matter how agile or well armed for a light tank it is.

brick128 #17 Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles

View PostPanzerKnight, on 04 November 2011 - 09:46 AM, said:

You call low tier players noobs but start ranting on a tank you obviously don't know how to play.

If you die after scouting two enemy tanks you are the noob in this story my friend.

You just want a fight? Don't try to do that with a light vehicle. Even in tier 5 games where these lights are way OP you won't last a minute or two.
Lights just don't fit your play style, accept that and move on.

Kajko #18 Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14059 battles
Having fun with is7 is great.
I was one chased by is7 in lakeville village for shooting him in back. :Smile-izmena:
Guess what.....he chased me EVEN under constant fire from our team, great fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users