The Matilda Black Prince in 2017

MBP Matilda British Black Prince

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Procjon #21 Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57178 battles

This tank is the most awful tank of all i have but i must say i have a warm feeling for this tank.

It is this kind of feeling when you see a disabled or retarded person, you feel for them, same as i feel for this tank.

240 turret armor? yeah, any AP of tier 5-6 can pen it from the front. Gun handling? looks like i have 71 instead 171 instead, bounce after bounce aiming weak spots. 20km/h? basically you can not cross any open map without being damaged. If they updated the speed of american TD line why not this sluggish turtle?. 

Anyway i just can't wait when i grind it and sell it.

StuffKnight #22 Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32851 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

View PostProcjon, on 12 December 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

This tank is the most awful tank of all i have but i must say i have a warm feeling for this tank.

It is this kind of feeling when you see a disabled or retarded person, you feel for them, same as i feel for this tank.

240 turret armor? yeah, any AP of tier 5-6 can pen it from the front. Gun handling? looks like i have 71 instead 171 instead, bounce after bounce aiming weak spots. 20km/h? basically you can not cross any open map without being damaged. If they updated the speed of american TD line why not this sluggish turtle?. 

Anyway i just can't wait when i grind it and sell it.

Wrong tank you certified circus inmate. This is about the premium Tier V MT, not the techtree Tier VII HT.

Anyway, MBP is terribad in most cases. You really need to be up against a team of lobotomy patients for the tank to really be 'effective', as it's currently just too damn slow to be anywhere in time to make a meaningful contribution against an enemy with two brain cells to run together. I mean when this sort of result is enough for Ace Tanker you know something's up with the vehicle's general performance capabilities.

Edited by StuffKnight, 12 December 2017 - 04:28 AM.

etody77 #23 Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69593 battles
  • [3-FOI] 3-FOI
MBP is not bad. Slow like hell, good armour. Maybe more ammo will be better. I play him like a HT, and is ok

Pandabird #24 Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35126 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Based on the constant absolute hate this tank gets i'm finally confident that this tank is perfectly balanced, it only requires a long attention span and patience. If you have none of those, you most likely belong to generation snowflake and should pick another tank instead.

Balc0ra #25 Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69214 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostPandabird, on 12 December 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Based on the constant absolute hate this tank gets i'm finally confident that this tank is perfectly balanced, it only requires a long attention span and patience. If you have none of those, you most likely belong to generation snowflake and should pick another tank instead.

I love mine. It's a superb bully tank IF you can flank something, and it's not a tank you want to ignore if it comes up behind you with that ROF. And it can out trade the Swedish tier 6 medium due to the extra HP.  Urban maps and towns it's where it does best. Not a big fan of doing long range fights in it.

ZlatanArKung #26 Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1536 battles
MBP has a rapid firing low alpha gun mounted on a badly armoured tanks which is very slow.
Especially the turret is a problem.

Can it work? Yes, but it is a terrible tank. Just compare it to O-I exp or KV-1 and you will notice how bad it is. Slower then those, worse armour then those and worse alpha and penetration.

It has PMM, but that is the only good thing about it.

When it takes 4 minutes to drive across highway from cap to cap, you have a hard time winning games as last survivor.

Also tagged with MBP, Matilda, British, Black Prince

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users