Irrational Hatred

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Irrational Hatred (53 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you not play/research a tank just because......You've been whacked repeatedly by it & just can't stand the fekkin' thing!

1. Yep - what would it be? (16 votes [30.19%])

Percentage of vote: 30.19%

2. Nope, I'm a grown man/woman and don't let that shize bother me. (37 votes [69.81%])

Percentage of vote: 69.81%

Vote Hide poll

Erwin_Von_Braun #1 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I LOATHE Scorpion G

I wish nothing but pestilence and bile upon their owners.

Wondering if I'm alone in this or does anyone else have an irrational hatred of an imaginary tank?

_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I dislike STRV players, they usually camp really hard.

Private_Pearts #3 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22042 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

I have both................

I don't have any arty though. Hate arty but that's nothing unique except that my brother is a keen arty player.

Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 17 July 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

I dislike STRV players, they usually camp really hard.

Arty solves that problem :trollface:

View PostPrivate_Pearts, on 17 July 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

I have both................

I don't have any arty though. Hate arty but that's nothing unique except that my brother is a keen arty player.

Nothing like a good dose of sibling rivalry.......:izmena:

WindSplitter1 #5 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16026 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 July 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

I LOATHE Scorpion G

Wondering if I'm alone in this or does anyone else have an irrational hatred of an imaginary tank?

Oy.... I own one. :(

But don't worry. Right now, I'm paying my dues for getting such a vehicle :D

Seriously now:

I used to get my rear armour handed to O-I Exp. in my noobing days so hard that I decided to get one. Then the same for Onichan, then O-Ho. But stopped grinding before that one.

After the "git gud" period, my biggest problem became German Premium Tank Destroyers. Imagine a Tier VI TD with Tier IX view range AND a radio guy... #RAGEUNINSTALL :izmena:

Yeah, the Fat Max. Can't flank, can't out trade, can't circle it... With a Chaffee! That thing just two shots me every time or outspots me.

And now I recently quit LTs to get German Premium Tank Destroyers. How ironic is that? Cameleon style. Funny... You just made me realise that I subconsciousy get my tanks based off of those that pwn me in game. :facepalm:

Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWindSplitter1, on 17 July 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Seriously now:

I used to get my rear armour handed to O-I Exp. in my noobing days so hard that I decided to get one. Then the same for Onichan, then O-Ho. But stopped grinding before that one.

After the "git gud" period, my biggest problem became German Premium Tank Destroyers. Imagine a Tier VI TD with Tier IX view range AND a radio guy... #RAGEUNINSTALL :izmena:

Yeah, the Fat Max. Can't flank, can't out trade, can't circle it... With a Chaffee! That thing just two shots me every time or outspots me.

And now I recently quit LTs to get German Premium Tank Destroyers. How ironic is that? Cameleon style. Funny... You just made me realise that I subconsciousy get my tanks based off of those that pwn me in game. :facepalm:

Funny you say that - the only reason I started the US LT/Med line is when I got spanked by a T57 Heavy.

Glad I did - T71 & Bulldawg are amongst my favourite tanks now.

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16026 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 July 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Funny you say that - the only reason I started the US LT/Med line is when I got spanked by a T57 Heavy.

Glad I did - T71 & Bulldawg are amongst my favourite tanks now.

Interestingly enough T57H is my first Tier X vehicle

Even more interesting is having put a 3 skill girl crew in it, full equipment, consumables and ammo and my gaming rig das kaput before I got the chance to do my first battle with it.

Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWindSplitter1, on 17 July 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

Interestingly enough T57H is my first Tier X vehicle

Even more interesting is having put a 3 skill girl crew in it, full equipment, consumables and ammo and my gaming rig das kaput before I got the chance to do my first battle with it.

Bummer :(

Bought it, sold it (too slow) -  put my all female crew in the T54E1 - imho, a better vehicle.

WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16026 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 July 2017 - 09:48 PM, said:

Bummer :(

Bought it, sold it (too slow) -  put my all female crew in the T54E1 - imho, a better vehicle.

Too slow of a reload for my taste... worst grind I've ever made.

Crow_Eschatologist #10 Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23096 battles
Defender and Chrysler, ridiculous scrub-proof armour bots - and worse when driven by someone competent.

IncandescentGerbil #11 Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles

Yeah, some tanks I despise, and couldn't ever imagine myself buying:

Skorp Gs, Grille 15, and anything else that in real life (I know, lol) would have exploded at the merest hint of a shell landing anywhere near it. The sort of tanks for which the idea of having more than a 100 "hit points" seems absurd, whatever their tier. The Grille.. I mean, look at it. Top heavy, flimsy cartoon tank with a gun so long it would never have dared go above 10 kph, if it had ever been built... 

Swedish TDs. What the hell are they doing in the game? I don't care if they are situational. Anything which is best played by sitting in a bush with your [edited]raised like some receptive dog in heat, firing every three seconds with 330 pen or whatever the hell it is, at targets which can't see you, and probably couldn't damage you even if they could (unless they are Russian, da)...  

TVP 50/51. I edited hate those things, in a way I simply don't hate batchats. 

Every single arty. 

Schepel #12 Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59962 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 July 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I LOATHE Scorpion G

It is never the tank, it is the player. So the problem here is really twofold. First, you blame the tank, and therefore fail to acknowledge human agency. Second, due to the former, you fail to realize that YOU need to adapt, or to put it somewhat differently, YOU need to learn how to play. If you get repeatedly thrashed by people camping in the back, you may want to change the way you play. Not driving your tank backwards out in the open helps, I hear.

Phobos4321 #13 Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:05 AM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

leaving the premium tanks out

for me it was rather a motivation to start a grind

thought i rather fast learned what shined so bright first had their dark sides too 

seeing a T95 you might notice its strong armor, good turningrate and big gun, driving it yourself you might feel the let down of speed 

so in general meating tanks and getting owned is mostly about seeing their strong points, driving it yourself might at the weaknesses to your awareness too 

kiolvi #14 Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51353 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

I for one hand first try to play better against the tanks that constantly get on my nerves. Adapt one might say. But because of my limited skills I usually end up getting those tanks. Not premiums though. "If you can't beat them, join them" so to speak.

Just got my first russian tier X medium, the obj140. Why did I ever grind the leopard1 line, is beyond me after that. And I got the obj140 because those (with obj907) were the pain in my [edited]in the ranked battles.

But in my experience, it is possible to adapt against every tank out there if one decides to do that. Not that I did that with great success...

thestaggy #15 Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14906 battles

Arty.

Closing in on 11k games and not a single one in arty and I don't ever plan on changing that. Would be hypocritical of me if I did.

Dishonourable mentions;

- High tier (6+) derp tanks. Yes, I played the E2 with derp but that was really only a threat to paper tanks in its tier or lower while things like the KV-2 and Japanese monstrosities can devastate tanks in their own tiers or higher. My E2 would tickle a hulldown T29 while an O-I would deal 300 damage to my T32 and cripple crew and modules. 

- Swedish TDs. Because climbing a mountain near your spawn and then shutting a flank down is good for the game. So tired of seeing these mountain goats.

Only tank that made me join the ''dark side'' is the Rheimnetall Borsig, or as I like to call it; the Romulan Borsig. Those buggers have been knackering me from pointblank range for too long and so now I want to see what it is all about. Fair dues getting there though as the St. Emil is awful.

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSchepel, on 17 July 2017 - 11:32 PM, said:

It is never the tank, it is the player. So the problem here is really twofold. First, you blame the tank, and therefore fail to acknowledge human agency. Second, due to the former, you fail to realize that YOU need to adapt, or to put it somewhat differently, YOU need to learn how to play. If you get repeatedly thrashed by people camping in the back, you may want to change the way you play. Not driving your tank backwards out in the open helps, I hear.

I guess you're an owner of said vehicle and, as such, have taken offence (none intended) :)

I think you've slightly missed the point - there is an element of sarcasm in this thread - difficult to get across in txt form, I know, but try & keep up eh?:P

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 17 July 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Etwentycuntingfive

View PostCrow_Eschatologist, on 17 July 2017 - 10:05 PM, said:

Defender and Chrysler, ridiculous scrub-proof armour bots - and worse when driven by someone competent.

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 17 July 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

Yeah, some tanks I despise, and couldn't ever imagine myself buying:

Skorp Gs, Grille 15, and anything else that in real life (I know, lol) would have exploded at the merest hint of a shell landing anywhere near it. The sort of tanks for which the idea of having more than a 100 "hit points" seems absurd, whatever their tier. The Grille.. I mean, look at it. Top heavy, flimsy cartoon tank with a gun so long it would never have dared go above 10 kph, if it had ever been built...

Swedish TDs. What the hell are they doing in the game? I don't care if they are situational. Anything which is best played by sitting in a bush with your [edited]raised like some receptive dog in heat, firing every three seconds with 330 pen or whatever the hell it is, at targets which can't see you, and probably couldn't damage you even if they could (unless they are Russian, da)...

TVP 50/51. I edited hate those things, in a way I simply don't hate batchats.

Every single arty.

View Postthestaggy, on 18 July 2017 - 05:42 AM, said:

Arty.

Closing in on 11k games and not a single one in arty and I don't ever plan on changing that. Would be hypocritical of me if I did.

Dishonourable mentions;

- High tier (6+) derp tanks. Yes, I played the E2 with derp but that was really only a threat to paper tanks in its tier or lower while things like the KV-2 and Japanese monstrosities can devastate tanks in their own tiers or higher. My E2 would tickle a hulldown T29 while an O-I would deal 300 damage to my T32 and cripple crew and modules.

- Swedish TDs. Because climbing a mountain near your spawn and then shutting a flank down is good for the game. So tired of seeing these mountain goats.

Only tank that made me join the ''dark side'' is the Rheimnetall Borsig, or as I like to call it; the Romulan Borsig. Those buggers have been knackering me from pointblank range for too long and so now I want to see what it is all about. Fair dues getting there though as the St. Emil is awful.

Jeez, I had no idea how angry some imaginary tanks can make people!

Makes me feel better now about my own irrational behaviour :angry:

Edited by Jahrakajin, 18 July 2017 - 08:36 AM.

Baldrickk #17 Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostWindSplitter1, on 17 July 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Seriously now:

Wait, you have trouble with the Dmax? It's a slow paper turretless TD, it's pre-nerf vr is it's only advantage. 

250swb #18 Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22687 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 July 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I LOATHE Scorpion G

Nope, if something has 'whacked' me I'm grown up enough to decide if it was lucky, if it was simply a great player, or taking everything into account if it was the tank. And if it was the tank then I definitely want one for myself.

PowJay #19 Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

I despise the Matilda in all its forms, but mainly the normal one with 2pdr. NOTHING can withstand that RoF and penetration while the little [edited] blocks AP, APCR and HEAT like it's made of a solid block of armour.

I won't buy it because I was terrible in it.

BlueSnail #20 Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15506 battles
  • [A-W-F] A-W-F

If I notice that I hate to see a particular kind of tank on the red team, I will seriously consider getting that tank.

Of course, I stay away from tier 8, where so many of the OP tanks are premium.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users