Wargaming League: Upcoming Changes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:19 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
A major update on the future of competitive gaming on World of Tanks!

The full text of the news item

armandio #2 Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 82435 battles
  • [KLANS] KLANS

Change maps and position of bases.

It is boring to see the same every Year.

Yndy_ #3 Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 42685 battles
  • [DACU5] DACU5
15 vs 15 incoming?

Baobaow #4 Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11813 battles
World of Tanks and Esports lol

Kastman #5 Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:41 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28371 battles
  • [SVAMP] SVAMP
Cant have +-25% rng in esport.. 

ionicafardefric #6 Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 56260 battles

"all the professional players and teams have attracted more and more viewers season after season". Must be living on a different planet. Nobody is interested in WoT e-sports. The reasons are obvious. 1)the spectators don't get a first person view of the players, the only see them in 3rd person, so three's no way to see how they are aiming or how they are moving the camera (or at least that was the case the last time I tried to watch it). Imagine people watching cs:go only watching the match from a 3rd person view - how popular do you think that would be? 2)the interface is counter intuitive to the actual game -lasers pointing, all tanks revealead for both teams. 3)The focus is more on the players, less on the actual tanks and gameplay. 4)the comentators are bad, like in really bad. 5)The spectator camera is all over the place, it constantly jumps from player to player. You can't see appreciate the positions and thinking behind the scenes when the spectator is spazzing out like a hamster on caffeine, not focusing more then two seconds on a player. 6) gold ammo takes all skill requirements away - they just point and click. 7)unbalances in tanks - you'll notice both teams are entirely made up by the same two tanks. 8)Corridor maps don't make for much entertainment. 9)Waiting times between the games are longer then the games themselves. You attempt to fill it up with the same bad comentators and boring analysis. We are there to see plays, not people talking about plays.

This is what I came up from the top of my head, in about 30 seconds. You have more time and professional people to look at this, right?Then why are you so blind to the obvious?

Edited by ionicafardefric, 19 July 2017 - 05:32 AM.

MiroslavPavkovic #7 Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 46108 battles

I think the biggest issue was when they removed rewards from Silver league. What do you get? Absolutely nothing (gold is nothing since most semi-pro or pro players want money). Not much incentive to actually play to get to gold league. There is no real anti-cheat system and maps are imbalanced with boosts that ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THERE! + No skill when you have 6 Mice just driving around and trolling. NO point in using regular ammo...When you implement gold ammo with 25% more pen and 25% less alpha they will need to CHOSE, make a decision about what to use, it needs to be more tactical and about skill. Not RNG crap...

And you should control not only Gold league players but Silver league players, penalties should be severe. Not like (you know who) got banned for rigging T22 and there you go, he is in a gold league team...so basically, cheat your [edited]off and don't get punished.

That's it...

Kakers #8 Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5012 battles
I can't speak for other players, but I'd rather watch YouTubers and live streams than some tits at an esports event.

The_Eagle_Shoty #9 Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:28 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 56746 battles
  • [A--B] A--B
Removing regional cups and the rewards from Silver, we all know where this is heading out.

ADYCON #10 Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20827 battles
  • [LIVES] LIVES
put some XXL maps ... boring with city maps 

ADYCON #11 Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 20827 battles
  • [LIVES] LIVES
and also kick that users with mods ....   unbelieveble how you tolerate that ....    is visible in game ... and why tournaments are in only my days at work ?????????  everytime ....  why you didnt put on different hours?

Murphy1up #12 Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11361 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postionicafardefric, on 19 July 2017 - 04:26 AM, said:

"all the professional players and teams have attracted more and more viewers season after season". Must be living on a different planet. Nobody is interested in WoT e-sports. The reasons are obvious. 1)the spectators don't get a first person view of the players, the only see them in 3rd person, so three's no way to see how they are aiming or how they are moving the camera (or at least that was the case the last time I tried to watch it). Imagine people watching cs:go only watching the match from a 3rd person view - how popular do you think that would be? 2)the interface is counter intuitive to the actual game -lasers pointing, all tanks revealead for both teams. 3)The focus is more on the players, less on the actual tanks and gameplay. 4)the comentators are bad, like in really bad. 5)The spectator camera is all over the place, it constantly jumps from player to player. You can't see appreciate the positions and thinking behind the scenes when the spectator is spazzing out like a hamster on caffeine, not focusing more then two seconds on a player. 6) gold ammo takes all skill requirements away - they just point and click. 7)unbalances in tanks - you'll notice both teams are entirely made up by the same two tanks. 8)Corridor maps don't make for much entertainment. 9)Waiting times between the games are longer then the games themselves. You attempt to fill it up with the same bad comentators and boring analysis. We are there to see plays, not people talking about plays.

This is what I came up from the top of my head, in about 30 seconds. You have more time and professional people to look at this, right?Then why are you so blind to the obvious?

1) Player PoV has been in game since April 2016, it's regularly used to show the where the player is aiming and what he sees

2) the Laser pointing view is very very rarely used. It's only in slow parts of matching to see where a tank may be aiming.  - You say the UI is confusing as it's different, that's a fair point, I always try to explain what viewers are looking at for those not familiar with the esports mode - You use Counter Strike in a previous example and yet that game as a spectator sport almost constantly has the xray vision on to show you were both teams are at all times. Well, that's why you can see both teams on the minimap for World of Tanks esports mode, to help viewers understand the positioning of the teams (It's something only visible to spectators).

3) The focus i'd say is split on the players and the tanks along with the tactics. We always try to talk about why certain tanks are picked and what we expect from them. 

4) Personal choice I guess, but are you watching the EU, NA, RU or APAC regions, and if so, what season did you watch?

5) The spectating we have now is arguably the best it's ever been. It will always have to jump from vehicle to vehicle or angle to angle to catch all the action. 

7) It's vary rare you'll ever see a team made up of only 2 tanks. I think I've only seen that on Cliff and it's not really a reliable tactic (as otherwise everyone would be doing it).

8) I agree maps could do with work, but we can only work with what we have and the maps are chosen specifically to avoid being too favourable for one side (the teams swap sides during a map remember)

9) We have 14 players to be ready remotely when playing a match. Normally it goes smoothly but it's very easy for a technical issue to crop up. We try to keep downtime to a minimum during broadcasts and there is always room for improvement. That's a fair point.

If you watched the Grand Finals 2017 you'll see that every gap between rounds we filled with tactical segments talking about what just happened and using an enlarged map analysis to explain it. I felt it was the best post match analysis we've done at a finals and hope we can do more stuff like that for the regular season.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope your feedback is based on the most recent season. It has changed a lot from how things looked 2-3 years about.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users