Rental Tanks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
WG could add specific vehicles that could be acquired through gold rental only. Not like Rampage or whatever that deceased mode was called.

Let's say you wanted to get the benefits of a premium tank to grind a few credits or experience but...

• didn't have enough funds to actually buy one
  • didn't feel like getting one
  • have a lot of gold floating around (especially those of you who used to go to CW

or whatever else, you'd get a rental tank.

Rental vehicles:

These specific vehicles would be a bit like normal premium tanks, but you wouldn't be able to own them forever, like the following examples:

• Vehicle would be tied to a free garage slot
  • Vehicle would have all season cammo
  • Vehicle would have no crew, no equipment, no pre-loaded shells and no consummables
  • Removing equipment from rental tanks would be free of cost.
  • After 100 battles, the vehicle and the garage slot would be removed from your garage
  • After 7 days, the vehicle and the garage slot would be removed from your garage
  • After enough credits/exp/damage is received, the vehicle and the garage slot would be removed from your garage

And whatever factors WG decided to add into play.

Conditions:

• There would be a cooldown period to limit players from renting the same vehicle after the rental has expired (like 2 weeks or a month)
  • Rental tanks would be new ones made specifically for renting purposes (not on-tree, not the premiums either)
  • To avoid tier rushing, rental vehicles would either be at low tiers or players could only rent them after X amount of battles
  • Cost table would be what we already know: higher tier = higher price. Permanent cammo cost is a good ballpark

These would have the advantages of a premium tank, without the commitment of a high investment and would earn WG some more dough.

I'll leave the disadvantages to you guys. But whaddya think?

Inb4 people saying

• It was already proposed
  • Use the search function before posting
  • etc

Let me tell you this:

1. It doesn't hurt revisiting them once in a while.
  2. WG might take it into consideration
  3. If you disagree with 1 or 2, get yourself one of these. You might need to put it together, though.

Geno1isme #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42710 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

WG was/is experimenting with the concept of rental tanks on some servers (just regular premiums though, don't know why you'd want it to be restricted to new exclusive tanks).

The biggest question is pricing: Too low and you ruin your regular sales (not just tanks but also direct credit sales, premium time, ...), too high and nobody wants it. Which is likely why the concept wasn't pursued on EU.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 15159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostGeno1isme, on 19 July 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

WG was/is experimenting with the concept of rental tanks on some servers (just regular premiums though, don't know why you'd want it to be restricted to new exclusive tanks).

The biggest question is pricing: Too low and you ruin your regular sales (not just tanks but also direct credit sales, premium time, ...), too high and nobody wants it. Which is likely why the concept wasn't pursued on EU.

On the other hand, it could be a nice way to try a regular premium before buying it. 

I'm not sure renting exclusive premiums would be nice.

HeidenSieker #4 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

They'd have to fill in 50 forms, and have the damage inspection routine before/after play, when any dents/scratches would have to be paid for.

They'd also probably have to pay by the week, and re-supply consumables.

Great opportunity for WG! Think of the advertising! We'd see "This tank rented from WG, Inc., freephone (+44)1234 567890" plastered all over it!

Edited by HeidenSieker, 19 July 2017 - 11:39 AM.

Browarszky #5 Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

Not sure if there would be any point in developing exclusively rental tanks when you consider all that (supposedly) goes into development and balancing (don't laugh!).

But the option to rent premiums (at least tech tree ones) would be something I would consider a nice feature. It would allow us to try them out before committing to purchase. Obviously the pricing would be an issue they would have to give some thought to. If the rental price would be higher, it would be nice if the rental tank would be made available at a discount for the player once the rental period expires.

WindSplitter1 #6 Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

Ah... I see. Perhaps the idea of exclusive tanks is quite poor indeed.

Although I have to agree that being able to use a tank before commiting oneself does sound nice... and not all of us have access to CTS.

View PostGeno1isme, on 19 July 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

And there's this... :(

Bucifel #7 Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30989 battles
  • [B4DD] B4DD

i proposed same thing before...

because its a less damaging solution for game, and can make profits.

its way better than new stupid OP premium tanks....even if rentals are op like new ones...are just rental...they come and then go away...its not a constant problem for game balance...its just temporary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users