Tactical tread#

discuss your ideas for matche

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29068 battles

Tactics in world of tanks, specially in randoms are something very underrated as we know most part of the players dont even fully dominate the vehiccloes they drive, yet, i think a majority part of the user i see in this forum are hard-try players and way above the average, so i assume a tactical tread would be of interest of majority of people here, and if not to exchange data, this can at least be an interesting reading ratter than we being flamming all around about arty and stuff, and overal problems they will never fix... lets just have some topic where we can perhaps think differently or be in someone else mind.

As i open the topic, i will start with a very fresh i dea i just puted to practice today... 

# Malinovka (normal),

concept: 

the enemy team have slower heavies, they will take a while to climb the hill, there is no arty, or just one arty...

what do you do? you rush around the map under the hill using solid cover and you park your tank in the slop area just around the church

because the enemy heavies are slower, hardly any heroic medium will dare to climb that hill, and if it does... it can easly be taken out from behind

while being pinned down by other players of your tema on the hill it self...

If your team was competent enough to secute the K3 are with a solid TD preventing the enemy team from escaping and eventualy try to capture your base, they will be surrounded and then its just a matter of time ... 

Spoiler

http://wotreplays.co...llingjoker-t-10

What do you think? was this pure luck? how would you counter this tactic? is there any other toughts you have about other maps?

Lets see how to this topic works, and how many people will be keen to share their "stuff" in the forum...

ZlatanArKung #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

Starting from green/red side as a faster tank (light/medim) I usually go highground area and try to spot enemy tanks going hill from D7 area and then see what happens.

I woudln't advocate going church due to being to far away from team (probably) and you could be rushed/killed by enemy mediums/lights going up to D7 area early to spot your team going up hill.

To risky for my taste. It could produce wonderful games, but just as likely produce a 0 dmg/assist game. I wouldn't say it is consistent enough.

But I might test it out to see how it works if I find the correct enemy team and friendly team.

I am more of a D7/D6 and then up to C5 to D4 area. in faster tanks.

KillingJoker #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29068 battles

View PostZlatanArKung, on 19 July 2017 - 10:38 AM, said:

Starting from green/red side as a faster tank (light/medim) I usually go highground area and try to spot enemy tanks going hill from D7 area and then see what happens.

I woudln't advocate going church due to being to far away from team (probably) and you could be rushed/killed by enemy mediums/lights going up to D7 area early to spot your team going up hill.

To risky for my taste. It could produce wonderful games, but just as likely produce a 0 dmg/assist game. I wouldn't say it is consistent enough.

But I might test it out to see how it works if I find the correct enemy team and friendly team.

I am more of a D7/D6 and then up to C5 to D4 area. in faster tanks.

You will allways have support from people climbing the hill or in the F7 slope, if your playing a tank like an IS-3, with a strong turret and low profile, its very hard to damage you

because to do it... they will have to expose, and they are way more exposed than you to fire... plus, when you reach that area, you instantly spot everyone around the church

and your team starts following your idea and taking usage of the spoting.

I am not saying this tactic will work 100% allways, like i said it wonly work if your playing vs tanks that will take a long time to climb the hill... like  japanese and german super heavies...  (and we all know currently the high tier games is packed with them) so. i tought this tactic would be interesting for people...

I

Dr_Zap #4 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 56798 battles
  • [HE-JA] HE-JA
The same spotting effect can be achieved from the bush on the ridge at D7. That position allows you to fall back behind the ridge if you are spotted/rushed so I prefer that one.

kbb07142 #5 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32236 battles

Basic Tactics

- Listen to the team

-If you have a win rate of 46% and a player on your team with 55% is calling you a moron, well then you are probably doing something moronic

- If you are bottom tier, then dont take important position

- Leave them for the higher tier tanks 

- And only take those spots if they dont go there

- LOOK AT MAP

- Know your tank

- Just because WG says the T-10 is a heavy tank does not mean you should always play it like a heavy tank

- Dont yolo into enemy team

Overlord

-Dont go beach

- If you win the North Flank then you generally win the game

- especially if you also control the centre

Lakeville

- Dont go Valley

KillingJoker #6 Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29068 battles

View PostPanzerZap, on 19 July 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

The same spotting effect can be achieved from the bush on the ridge at D7. That position allows you to fall back behind the ridge if you are spotted/rushed so I prefer that one.

but the idea here is to block slower and usualy better armored heavies to climb the hill... if i just sit back spoting, im not doing the purpose of this tactic...

the purpose of this tactic is to force the slower heavies tro struggle and camp using the church as cover... and then you not only spot the TD's who are lower...

and you will get also shots in the guys behind the church...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users