What do you do when enemy cap?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

ZlatanArKung #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

I just had a game showing how not to attack a cap circle.

Spoiler

Positions where as on image. Enemy had 1 tank in cap and 2 tanks last spotted in the red area, and would therefore be somewhere in that part of the map.

My team had 3 tanks left (I died earlier).

How did those 3 choose to approach the cap circle?

Well, they went by the blue line, which meant enemy support tanks somewhere in the red area could easily kill them when they attacked.

And they did of course go in 1 by 1.

What should they have done?

Well, they should have used one of the purple lines drawn out on the map. Those lines offer some bushes as camo, some hard cover on other parts, possibility to use viewrange to your advantage, etc.

qpranger #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 32551 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
When my enemies cap, I continue brawling halfway across the map because I know that I have clever and reliable team mates who will go back to base and interrupt the cap in time to save the day. I do not worry at all, everything will be fine :)

TankkiPoju #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20443 battles

Well obviously since there are ONLY THREE MINUTES time to interrupt the cap, only logical thing to do is:

- ping map like crazy.

- call light tanks bots.

- shoot own light tanks, because ZOMG ONLY 2:50 LEFT TO INTERRUPT CAP.

- not actually move at all, but just camp.

Ubervold #4 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21284 battles
Atleast they tried to do something/died trying. The one thing I hate most with this game is when you loose a match because your team does not understand that they have to defend their own base and reset cap. They just stand there behind their cover/bush doing nothing. After a couple of 1000 games everyone should understand this basic game mechanic.  

Browarszky #5 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:45 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Just today we had a battle we were winning (Sacred valley) when 3 enemy tanks reached our cap. I started to cap and fortunately two of our tanks joined. Those closest to our base were able to reset it a couple of times, and even their their pesky mountain goat TD kept peeking and trying to reset us, we were able to win the battle.

Ankara_Aatu #6 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34555 battles
  • [RIOD] RIOD

View PostTankkiPoju, on 19 July 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

Well obviously since there are ONLY THREE MINUTES time to interrupt the cap, only logical thing to do is:

- ping map like crazy.

- call light tanks bots.

- shoot own light tanks, because ZOMG ONLY 2:50 LEFT TO INTERRUPT CAP.

- not actually move at all, but just camp.

And in preparation for this, always remember to position yourself as far away from the cap as possible in all encounter maps, right from the start. And stay there until the end of time. This way you are relieved from all responsibility to do anything other than ping the map.

MeetriX #7 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20517 battles
Turn down the volume, because the siren is annoying.

jabster #8 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
So the point of this thread is what exactly. Good players are better at the game than average players?

rustysprite #9 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22115 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Jab.... I think the point of the thread is this...

Well, they went by the blue line, which meant enemy support tanks somewhere in the red area could easily kill them when they attacked.

He is not wanting to start a rant about good and average players... good attempt at a Troll though mate ;)

iztok #10 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

> What do you do when enemy cap?

If I'm in a fast tank (my usual tanks pick for quite some time now), I'm close to our cap BEFORE enemy starts capping and can pick my best position for resetting. But if I see I'd just be destroyed while trying to defend flag, I don't care.

Sometimes, esp. with bad teams, I don't care anymore: "Let this be a lesson the Flag must be protected."

BR,  Iztok

Edited by iztok, 19 July 2017 - 12:32 PM.

jabster #11 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postrustysprite, on 19 July 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Jab.... I think the point of the thread is this...

He is not wanting to start a rant about good and average players... good attempt at a Troll though mate ;)

So why have lines with what average players do and then say of course they went in one by one?

So they did the wrong thing, well average players do that a lot so why the thread about it?

Edited by jabster, 19 July 2017 - 12:44 PM.

ZlatanArKung #12 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2017 - 12:01 PM, said:

So the point of this thread is what exactly. Good players are better at the game than average players?

Or you could look at the map, remember, and then use in your next battle where you have to decap. And instead of running in the shortest way remember as you usually does, think about bit and take a more intelligent route to a good decap position.

Kozzy #13 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View Postqpranger, on 19 July 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

When my enemies cap, I continue brawling halfway across the map because I know that I have clever and reliable team mates who will go back to base and interrupt the cap in time to save the day. I do not worry at all, everything will be fine :)

Your team mates probably think the very same thing ;)

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22320 battles

Way too many variables on enemy capping to answer tbh. It all depends on my own proximity to the cap and speed of tank, am I already engaged in a battle, at what stage of the battle is this happening, is the battle already lost, what tank and how many are capping, am I closer to counter-capping in the enemies cap.. all these things need to be considered and it's pretty much on a battle by battle case.

There are two unforgivable moments though

-The enemy is defeated, your flank fought and battled hard successfully winning a tough battle far away from the cap and since were constantly engaged in combat were never in a position to reset cap and was too difficult to push through to the enemy cap any earlier but there are 2 100% hp teammates near the cap doing nothing all battle anyway so can surely just that just go a reset the cap and deal with the lone, 70% dead light tank or whatever the enemy tank is.. right? wrong? better to just droll and get confused by it all... "I'm playing tier8 and I'm sure that typically negative associated siren noise and count down clock might suggest I should do something but damned if I know what it is.. just one question.. what's a tank?"

-The battle is lost but you and two teammates have somehow managed to get in enemy cap who are gready and racing to kill you, they won't make it in time, 3 seconds left! the battle is won, YES!! but.. wait... what's this? one of your teammates in the cap with you has a Patrick Starfish moment and drives out of the circle.. lost.... you complete ****ing moron... gg and gj lol

jabster #15 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostZlatanArKung, on 19 July 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Or you could look at the map, remember, and then use in your next battle where you have to decap. And instead of running in the shortest way remember as you usually does, think about bit and take a more intelligent route to a good decap position.

Yes you could although I'm entirely unsure as to why you think this thread makes it more likely.

ZlatanArKung #16 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

Yes you could although I'm entirely unsure as to why you think this thread makes it more likely.

Because YOU read it. And others at your skill level. 

laulaur #17 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46724 battles
  • [BLAUR] BLAUR

What, the enemy is capping?

Who cares, the OTHER tanks from my team should go decap, i am just gonna continue to camp behind my comfortable rock :deer:

jabster #18 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostZlatanArKung, on 19 July 2017 - 11:45 AM, said:

Because YOU read it. And others at your skill level. 

So you think that I don't know that approaching the cap one by one and with no cover is not a good idea. Got to say I'd never thought of that.

Edited by jabster, 19 July 2017 - 12:48 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #19 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 32665 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Capping and de-capping are some parts of the game that show an interesting view of how some players approach team play.

I had such game yesterday on Highway, were I was tooning with two other light tanks and I was in a Hellcat. We were south spawn, and I decided to go and cover the medium flank due to no arty.

Our lights did a good job spotting the initial enemy tanks, and having gone to the medium flank it was obvious that the enemy were going to swarm us as most of their tanks were going that way. Our heavies in comparison were clearly going to win the city, along with our medium tanks who had gone there.

Options for me.

1. Fight and die trying to hold the flank.

2. Withdraw then fight and die trying to hold cap.

3. Withdraw and assist in the city.

I chose option 2 as I realised that with a Hellcat I would be unlikely to survive long against a wolfpack, but if I chose my position well I might get in a few shots on low health tanks and slow them down from capping. Our slow heavies would never get back from the city in time, and our medium tanks were dying in the city.

I did die, I did do some damage and I did slow them down. With three enemy tanks now capping this bought enough time for our last light tank to rush back and with seconds to spare do a great job de-capping for us to then win.

I often feel that decisions around the cap circle require a much broader assessment of the battle and how it is flowing, and its surprising how often you see players say "Defend the cap", but only when there are 20 seconds to go and they're on the other side of the map!

ZlatanArKung #20 Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Postjabster, on 19 July 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

So you think that I don't know that approaching the cap one by one and with no cover is not a good idea. Got to say I'd never thought of that.

The players where regular 51%WR and below guys, so our your normal average player.

The reason is not that these players are stupid, the reason is that they (I think) don't know that they can take other paths to the cap circle.

They get to stressed up in the heat of battle which tilts them and then they can't make rational decisions and thus throw winnable games away time after time.

The thing I showed is extremely common way to try and decap on every map in battle.

Just like the urge to fight at 50m or closer is very common among the average and below players. No matter what tank he is driving.

Like, Udes, game is closing in, enemy caps on say Erlenberg/Prokhorovka/Red Shire/Murovanka etc. What do the average Udes player do?

Run straight into the cap.

What should he do?

Pick a bush a but away, activate binot,  see if he spots and closely get closer...

Or just the urge for brawl in regular fights. 

An enemy is spotted say 200mm away, there is an open field between the average player and the enemy. Average player just drives towards enemy instead of shooting him at 200mm from safety.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users