• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

akaitora #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11649 battles
  • [BD_SQ] BD_SQ

Hey there,

I've been playing WoT on and off since a couple of years now and each time i come back i start off having a blast in the game but end up geting seriously titled (i'm not talking about a short tilt, i'm talking each time i play a match and me and my team get absolutely wrecked i lose my crap.).

I find it hard to keep learning/practicing game mechanics in the type of games that i sadly encounter far too often that are one-sided crushes.

Don't get me wrong, i love WoT's game design, the graphics, etc. I obviously i have to have some reason to keep coming back to the game so regularly, but after a short while frustration kicks in and i can't seem  to keep up what i can only call a "learning mindset" i.e: focusing on what mistakes i did, what negative habits i keep on performing etc.

brumbarr #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles
What helped me a lot is just not caring about winning or not, focus on your performance in the battle, try to set goals like marks, dpg , combined dmg that you want to reach in each battle
It sounds selfisch, but when you focus on your performance, wins will come as a result.

Strappster #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There isn't really anything except what you know already. In the heat of a defeat you've got to sit back and look at what you did dispassionately and think about what you could have done differently. If you were hung out to dry on one flank while the bulk of your team went the other, for example, is that because they didn't do what you did or because you didn't check their positions on the minimap and adjust your game in the knowledge that you wouldn't get any support otherwise?

That's not to say that the majority is always right, of course. I've held up five tanks on a flank in one light tank with a bit of support from a TD and arty camping further back. The enemy didn't think to push me at once and suck up a couple of hits in exchange for the whole flank, which gave my team enough time to win the other side and get behind the guys facing me. Thing is, I was ready to run from that flank until I saw that my team were using my spots.

If you get wrecked in a battle, it's because you did something wrong. Always. That might be pushing without support, it might be mis-timing the enemy's reload, it might be leading from the front with a team that don't go with you, it might be not taking effective action knowing that you've been spotted and that arty has a hard-on for you. If you can accept that, it's a lot easier to think about what you can do differently in a similar situation next time.

And remember that there will be battles where you do everything you can to win it, your team back you up, you support each other, making the 'right' moves each time but your team gets romper-stomped anyway. It happens. Shrug and move on, life's too short to get stressed out by a video game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users