Old player new player

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Tharg_the_Mighty #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8354 battles
  • [BANKS] BANKS

So after a few years away it is nice to see some things have changed since patch 8.10 and the Waffentrager E100 is gone as that was OP as ****!

New tank lines seem like a good change (nice bit of variety) and the personal missions seem straight forward enough. new arty mechanics are odd from my point of view and chat almost seems more civil. Though there are a lot more dumb people on my teams who like to drive into corners. like lots and not just arty!

I do have some questions however:

Number one of which is why are players still so confused about the mini map? I mean how are players still confused and surprised by tanks shooting them in the arse when they are spotted? or why do players hide at the edge of maps and then wonder why they don't have shots into the enemy? i mean look at teh mini map you tool? see where the fight is or indeed isn't and yeah figure it out, if there is a large blank area of the map and only three tanks spotted chances are there is something in that large empty area... Is there some training i missed that says ignore the map its only there for decoration as it was like a thing 3-4 years ago that people screamed at you to look at the map now its mostly ignored.

The second question is why so many of the new tanks are modelled without weak spots? it used to be that you had to aim for the machine gun port, a hatch or a cupola or something. All the new tanks seem to be modelled as flat slabs of armor? I know WoT is an arcade shooter but i liked the realism that it had and the rewards for know where to shoot, not it seems you either can go through the armor or not. Might be me but it does seem a little like laziness on wargamings behalf not to put the effort into new armor models.

Well thats my two pence on returning, see you on the digital field.

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16025 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostTharg_the_Mighty, on 19 July 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

So after a few years away it is nice to see some things have changed since patch 8.10 and the Waffentrager E100 is gone as that was OP as ****!

Hello. Back in Il-2 Sturmovik 1946/Hyperlobby, we have a fitting welcome back:

Salutes The Mighty Tharg!

New tank lines seem like a good change (nice bit of variety) and the personal missions seem straight forward enough. new arty mechanics are odd from my point of view and

chat almost seems more civil.

I have a difficult time believing that

Though there are a lot more dumb people on my teams who like to drive into corners. like lots and not just arty!

Number one of which is why are players still so confused about the mini map? I mean how are players still confused and surprised by tanks shooting them in the arse when they are spotted?

They are playing hardcore mode

or why do players hide at the edge of maps and then wonder why they don't have shots into the enemy? i mean look at teh mini map you tool? see where the fight is or indeed isn't and yeah figure it out, if there is a large blank area of the map and only three tanks spotted chances are there is something in that large empty area... Is there some training i missed that says ignore the map its only there for decoration as it was like a thing 3-4 years ago that people screamed at you to look at the map now its mostly ignored.

As above

The second question is why so many of the new tanks are modelled without weak spots? it used to be that you had to aim for the machine gun port, a hatch or a cupola or something. All the new tanks seem to be modelled as flat slabs of armor? I know WoT is an arcade shooter but i liked the realism that it had and the rewards for know where to shoot, not it seems you either can go through the armor or not. Might be me but it does seem a little like laziness on wargamings behalf not to put the effort into new armor models.

That's a new game mode, called P2W, according to some anyway

Welcome back.

I_DiD_ #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1462 battles
  • [PGGY] PGGY

Hahah now are even more OP tanks then back in ur time . Dude if you din't play so long, just stay away from this game. Just look some posts above.

The avrage player skills is way worse then ever. To many brain deads,bot's and huge amount of OP tanks,need for speed tanks( LT's) now we have them 5 per side.

And for last, artys Edited. I just had a match where i had 3x artys which reload every 20 seconds. And those artys decide to focus me.... I didn't have chance to out stuned me. I was whole time stuned till i die. That how broken this game become.

Just stay away, it's better for you.

Edited by Asklepi0s, 20 July 2017 - 03:16 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

How_hard_can_it_be #4 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40280 battles
Why have you come back?! This is the place where sinners atone for their wicked ways and stay here forever to burn in the eternal fire set by SerB himself.

HeidenSieker #5 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostI_DiD_, on 19 July 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

And for last, artys omfg. I just had a match where i had 3x artys which reload every 20 seconds. And those artys decide to focus me.... I didn't have chance to out stuned me. I was whole time stuned till i die. That how broken this game become.

I'd like to see that, to see how awful it is. Post the replay, will you, please?

All_up_in_ur_grille #6 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33193 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

The answer to your question is more about people rather than the game.

I took a 3+ year break from the game, in that time, map foliage changes and nerfs to turretless TD's have rendered those vehicles mostly impotent. Bot program accounts, of which there were a significant amount at that period seem to have subsided.

However, the stupidity of people has remained constant...

Tharg_the_Mighty #7 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8354 battles
  • [BANKS] BANKS

View PostHow_hard_can_it_be, on 19 July 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Why have you come back?! This is the place where sinners atone for their wicked ways and stay here forever to burn in the eternal fire set by SerB himself.

Not sure why I came back, maybe I just like to watch the world burn. Maybe I heard about some controversy and wanted to see for myself what it was all about 

Turretless TD's were always weak higher tier, I'll need a few more games to understand but I just think that the Armor is more binary now than it ever was before. 

Sessine #8 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27103 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The mini-map is hard. Someone proposed switching the mini-map and the battle screen but not sure that would work. I think you are right about the armor lazy by WG for lazy people i guess.

BTW: Cool clan-name!

SovietBias #9 Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37407 battles

8.10! Thats like 2013? Welcome back.

SerB is not in charge anymore. If that's good or bad news, I'll let you to find it out for yourself.

Alabamatick #10 Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:59 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles

View PostHow_hard_can_it_be, on 19 July 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Not seen you on the forum for a wHile, (if you were i was probably reading with my eyes shut)

anyway, i'm looking for an excuse to come back, (next month (aug 10th) it would be 2 yrs away)

i can't seem to find that excuse or any reason at all atm, (maybe if they bring the Tiger 217), but then, i don't want to burn for eternity

Slind #11 Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52062 battles

View PostTharg_the_Mighty, on 19 July 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

New tank lines seem like a good change (nice bit of variety) and the personal missions seem straight forward enough. new arty mechanics are odd from my point of view and chat almost seems more civil. Though there are a lot more dumb people on my teams who like to drive into corners. like lots and not just arty!

Number one of which is why are players still so confused about the mini map? I mean how are players still confused and surprised by tanks shooting them in the arse when they are spotted? or why do players hide at the edge of maps and then wonder why they don't have shots into the enemy? i mean look at teh mini map you tool? see where the fight is or indeed isn't and yeah figure it out, if there is a large blank area of the map and only three tanks spotted chances are there is something in that large empty area... Is there some training i missed that says ignore the map its only there for decoration as it was like a thing 3-4 years ago that people screamed at you to look at the map now its mostly ignored.

Playerbase has gone down the toilet. The really, really, really bad players that started playing at the same time as you, but they play by banging their head to the keyboard, have finally managed to get a few tier 10 tanks with amazing 41% WR. They wouldn't suck like that if they had half a brain, but they don't so they don't care about the minimap either. They can always buy an OP premium tank to grind credits, as XP comes at rate of 200 per battle. They are not here to win, they are here to have fun and maybe the participation award. I like to win and I like to play well even if I don't win, but I'm minority here. This game is made to be fun, not to be played and that's why the average wot player could very well be running around with no ammo, since they can't pen anything in any case. Or maybe the light tank that comes searching for the last player hiding in the corner of the map the whole battle.

Don't come back, it's not worth it.

shadowrun_hit #12 Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5857 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 19 July 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

I'd like to see that, to see how awful it is. Post the replay, will you, please?

I t has happen to me 2-4-5... times, why u doubt?

DracheimFlug #13 Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:22 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostTharg_the_Mighty, on 19 July 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

On question 1, a lot of newer players are coming up faster and the veterans are much more diluted. Also newer players are isolated from the main body of players longer initially to shelter them from clubbers. This is good in that they are sheltered from clubbers but they also learn less in the way of tactics on the way up. It may also be that veterans are playing lower tiers less than they used to (which would also reduce the amount of instruction) but not sure on that.

On question 2, in RL combat, hits to weak spots were exceedingly rare. Guns were quite accurate, in theory, but not digitally precise, especially in the heat of combat and with actual turret speeds and tank turning ratios rather than those in game. So a lack of weak spots is arguably more realistic rather than less. That does not mean it makes for a better game, mind....

Just the replies of a scrub :) Feel free to pay them as little attention as any of the actually good players around here do :) 

Spurtung #14 Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:40 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63853 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postshadowrun_hit, on 20 July 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

Because the stench of BS is strong, therefore prove it with a replay.

HeidenSieker #15 Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postshadowrun_hit, on 20 July 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

I wasn't doubting, of course, but I was interested in watching the replay.

However, if it's "happened to you a number of times" can you upload a replay, please?

Edited by HeidenSieker, 20 July 2017 - 12:47 PM.

gpalsson #16 Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 22134 battles
Can't believe no one even bothered to ask OP how old he is yet.

PhooBar #17 Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18789 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Hey Tharg, how old are you?

Tharg_the_Mighty #18 Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8354 battles
  • [BANKS] BANKS

View PostPhooBar, on 20 July 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hey Tharg, how old are you?

old enough to have campaign models from Bosnia. 

Akathis #19 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 75158 battles

Game has become a fast sucession of turbo slaughters in which people drive OP tonks and shoot premium ammo like mad.

Arty is even worse now.

Do not play again, it is my advice.

Edited by Akathis, 20 July 2017 - 10:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users