Please fix the equipment mounting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RamRaid90 #1 Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Why can I not demount my damn binoculars from a tank in the garage when my platoon mates press ready.

I have to ask them to unready their tanks so I can demou8nt equipment and equip it to my tank...it's extremely annoying...

PLease fix it.

qpranger #2 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30735 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
OK

_EXODUZ_ #3 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
You're not ready if you need to do something to your tank. So do it and ready up.

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 19 July 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

You're not ready if you need to do something to your tank. So do it and ready up.

Way to completely misread a post.

If you are platooned, and your platoon friend chooses a tank. And I want to go in my skorpion g, i have to ask him to unready his tank so that I may remove my binoculars from my t67 and mount them onto my skoprion g, before he can ready his tank again.

It really isn't that hard to understand.

Just because my platoon mates have thier tanks ready, it doesn't mean that I still don't need to transfer equipment between my tanks.

Strappster #5 Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:30 AM

General

• Player
  • 23602 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Unlikely to become part of the standard client because removable equipment is a credit sink. You get bored removing and replacing it, you buy another set. At one point I had 20 pairs of binos.

Then I found Ekspoint's Auto-Equip; it's the same equipment switching that's built into XVM but it's a mod which only does the equipment switching, nothing more. It's been stable for the last few patches and the one time a patch broke it, there was a fix available on the same day. That and a couple of tank skins are the only mods I use.

ExclamationMark #6 Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:54 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 July 2017 - 11:34 PM, said:

Way to completely misread a post.

It really isn't that hard to understand.

He understood it. You didn't understand what he said.

RamRaid90 #7 Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:16 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 19 July 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

Unlikely to become part of the standard client because removable equipment is a credit sink. You get bored removing and replacing it, you buy another set. At one point I had 20 pairs of binos.

Then I found Ekspoint's Auto-Equip; it's the same equipment switching that's built into XVM but it's a mod which only does the equipment switching, nothing more. It's been stable for the last few patches and the one time a patch broke it, there was a fix available on the same day. That and a couple of tank skins are the only mods I use.

I'm not bothered about autoequiping. What I want is to be able to access the equipment that is on my tanks that are "unsuitable for platoon" to be able to mount it on5to a tank that is able to platoon without making the other two platoon members unready their tanks first. I'm not "bored of removing and replacing it" i'd rather have one pair of binos and be able to switch it between tanks without having to make my platoon meembers unready their tanks first.

View PostExclamationMark, on 19 July 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

He understood it. You didn't understand what he said.

No I perfectly understood what he said, he didn't understand what I was asking for. It is nothing to do with me being ready (as he said)

Edited by RamRaid90, 20 July 2017 - 01:18 AM.

Strappster #8 Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:10 AM

General

• Player
  • 23602 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRamRaid90, on 20 July 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

I'm not bothered about autoequiping. What I want is to be able to access the equipment that is on my tanks that are "unsuitable for platoon" to be able to mount it on5to a tank that is able to platoon without making the other two platoon members unready their tanks first. I'm not "bored of removing and replacing it" i'd rather have one pair of binos and be able to switch it between tanks without having to make my platoon meembers unready their tanks first.

Something that auto-equip would give you because each time you click on a tank, it's automatically equipped with the removable equipment. It gives you exactly what you're asking for, though not quite in the exact manner you think it should work.

If your proposed method was implemented, it raises the question of how does the platoon leader know it's time to click the Battle button if you're switching kit after indicating you're ready? Indicating you're ready should be enough to tell them that you're ready to play, not that you've chosen a tank and now want to put some equipment on it.

250swb #9 Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20795 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's like getting a woman out of the house, 'are you ready?', 'yes'.........fifteen minutes later, 'are you ready'..........

PowJay #10 Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33835 battles

I'm with you and what you mean... but you could have maybe been a tiny bit clearer for those who don't fully understand. 

You can't select a mismatched tier tank to remove equipment.

Yes, it is silly.

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:14 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19683 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 20 July 2017 - 02:10 AM, said:

Something that auto-equip would give you because each time you click on a tank, it's automatically equipped with the removable equipment. It gives you exactly what you're asking for, though not quite in the exact manner you think it should work.

If your proposed method was implemented, it raises the question of how does the platoon leader know it's time to click the Battle button if you're switching kit after indicating you're ready? Indicating you're ready should be enough to tell them that you're ready to play, not that you've chosen a tank and now want to put some equipment on it.

You're still misunderstanding

I'M NOT READY IN THE PLATOON, I HAVE NOT CLICKED THE READY BUTTON. My platoon mates have pressed their ready buttons, I HAVE NOT.

Strappster #12 Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:18 PM

General

• Player
  • 23602 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPowJay, on 20 July 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

You can't select a mismatched tier tank to remove equipment.

Yes, it is silly.

Ah! Thank you, PowJay, finally the complaint becomes clear!

View PostRamRaid90, on 20 July 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

You're still misunderstanding

I'M NOT READY IN THE PLATOON, I HAVE NOT CLICKED THE READY BUTTON. My platoon mates have pressed their ready buttons, I HAVE NOT.

And it's still something that auto-equip would fix.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users