Has the aiming of everyone improved so drastically?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Dammonar #1 Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51848 battles
Hello, I've been playing since 2011 and until 2015 I have been confident I could out trade or outbrawl the majority of players.. Not any more, people can snap shoot my cupolas and have aiming skills that vastly overshadow mine. When Im CQCing someone from similar positions, I feel like the enemy has an advantage, while in the past I felt very confident. Playing advance and trading against mauses in occasions that flanking is not an option and its a terror. What on earth am i doing wrong? Anyone else feel the same?  I also miss my t110E5.. but thats another story

hjorte #2 Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14022 battles
Could it be rust?

Dammonar #3 Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51848 battles

View Posthjorte, on 21 July 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

Could it be rust?

don't think so wn8 is rising

RamRaid90 #4 Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So now everyone is cheating yes?

No.

_EXODUZ_ #5 Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
In advances you're obviously playing against good players who can aim well.

HundeWurst #6 Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67549 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Well first of all you mentioned the Maus. Is that a problem for you with any tank or just that one. Due to the overbuff of the Maus itself the aimtime when only moving the turret was basically set to 0. Yes 0. So Maus is most likely the best snapshoter you can currently get. That thing has hardly any aimtime due to the insane softstats.

RockyRoller #7 Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28273 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

View PostRamRaid90, on 21 July 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

So now everyone is cheating yes?

No.

why do you assume cheat, it might be client side hardware is giving them more time to aim which you don't see, and this hardware imbalance has happened before with the case of the red team with invisible tanks

Ulicum #8 Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:53 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39538 battles
  • [3VS27] 3VS27

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 July 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

why do you assume cheat, it might be client side hardware is giving them more time to aim which you don't see, and this hardware imbalance has happened before with the case of the red team with invisible tanks

RamRaid90 #9 Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:54 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRockyRoller, on 21 July 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

That is probably the stuidest thing i've ever heard anyone say on here.

I didn't assume cheats. I know cheats don't exist in WoT. I also know that your statement is categorically bullcrap.

Staalkugler #10 Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17564 battles
  • [S-O-O] S-O-O

View PostDammonar, on 20 July 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

Hello, I've been playing since 2011 and until 2015 I have been confident I could out trade or outbrawl the majority of players.. Not any more, people can snap shoot my cupolas and have aiming skills that vastly overshadow mine. When Im CQCing someone from similar positions, I feel like the enemy has an advantage, while in the past I felt very confident. Playing advance and trading against mauses in occasions that flanking is not an option and its a terror. What on earth am i doing wrong? Anyone else feel the same?  I also miss my t110E5.. but thats another story

Well, I know what you mean. At the risk of sounding like a bitter old man I am certainly getting bored with getting owned over and over by shitters with 48% win rate and lower and funny enough this happens a lot this year. or at least I started noticing it this year :) Me and my toon m8's get it pretty much every day now.

It's become a routine thing to have a look at the person who killed us since we don't use xvm. And surprise, we get outsniped by people with dogshit stats. people who can't seem to win crap but hey! They can hit us with Laser like accuracy.

No, I don't think everyone is cheating but you might be surprised at how many bad players are out there with Hit ratio like a Unicum. It just does not make much sense when you see XXXDumbassXXX who can't win anything, but 74% of his shots connects.

Edited by Staalkugler, 21 July 2017 - 08:00 AM.

Plinie #11 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13779 battles

Game has been out for a long while now, and sometimes, even worse players know how to play a certain tank, the other day I was amazed when I saw a 600 WN8 player sidescrape on his E100 pretty well, granted once people loaded gold he yoloed in and just died but still up until that point that tomato was doing very well. 

My point is theres a loooooot of youtubers out there now that show you where/how to pen, how to angle etc, basic stuff. Aiming has become easier as well with the improvements of default UI aka penetration value coloring. 

ApocalypseSquad #12 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26142 battles
Network latency perhaps?  I relocated a year or so ago to an area with significantly poorer internet and noticed the difference immediately.  Snapshoting weakspots became significantly harder.  It's not that everyone else was getting better, it was me getting worse....

ZlatanArKung #13 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostStaalkugler, on 21 July 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Well, I know what you mean. At the risk of sounding like a bitter old man I am certainly getting bored with getting owned over and over by shitters with 48% win rate and lower and funny enough this happens a lot this year. or at least I started noticing it this year :) Me and my toon m8's get it pretty much every day now.

It's become a routine thing to have a look at the person who killed us since we don't use xvm. And surprise, we get outsniped by people with dogshit stats. people who can't seem to win crap but hey! They can hit us with Laser like accuracy.

No, I don't think everyone is cheating but you might be surprised at how many bad players are out there with Hit ratio like a Unicum. It just does not make much sense when you see XXXDumbassXXX who can't win anything, but 74% of his shots connects.

If you get owned by 48% WR guys, git gudder. ...

jabster #14 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12516 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostStaalkugler, on 21 July 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

Cheat mods certainly do exist but how much they are used and how much of an advantage they give, that's a bit harder to answer. Putting that to one side your example doesn't really make much sense to me. If there's a cheat mod that allows a player to easily 'own' another player why would their win-rate be that low?

ApocalypseSquad #15 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26142 battles

View Postjabster, on 21 July 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

Cheat mods certainly do exist but how much they are used and how much of an advantage they give, that's a bit harder to answer. Putting that to one side your example doesn't really make much sense to me. If there's a cheat mod that allows a player to easily 'own' another player why would their win-rate be that low?

Hey! - This is a decent, respectable conspiracy thread.  We don't need your type coming in here using your "logic" and "reason".

Staalkugler #16 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17564 battles
  • [S-O-O] S-O-O

View PostZlatanArKung, on 21 July 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

If you get owned by 48% WR guys, git gudder. ...

If you absolutely have comment then pls. spare us the single sentence stuff. It only makes you look like a 15 year old, desperate for attention...

Dropman12 #17 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32937 battles

View PostDammonar, on 20 July 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

As mentioned it could be easily lack of practise and knowledge. No ofence, but almost 2 yers of pause is significant. plus as mentioned for example Maus has awesome snapshot ability, which is something you miss thus suprised by. There could be plenty of changes you miss. So play more, get back and enjoy. I had break for 2 months and first days I was feeling like complete idiot...

Edited by Dropman12, 21 July 2017 - 08:49 AM.

ApocalypseSquad #18 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26142 battles

View PostStaalkugler, on 21 July 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

There's way more to winning than being able to shoot straight.  See this excellent post... http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/637095-a-guide-to-winning/

Staalkugler #19 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17564 battles
  • [S-O-O] S-O-O

View Postjabster, on 21 July 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

As I said, I don't think everyone is cheating. But there is certainly plenty who can hit everything yet they don't seem to be able to win much so I guess they hit all the time with not much damage done for whatever reason.

And As far as I know, there is a legal mod called snap aim or something like that. Yes, It's not illegal so it's alright I guess. Personally I don't like that mod and mods in battle in general but yeah they are not cheats since WG in all their wisdom allows some silly ones in battle.

About me getting killed by people with really funny stats is obviously personal exp. Had that several times yesterday and many other days. Having said that, I'm not gonna write a bloody essay with proof of 100 battles in replays. Just making conversation here you know.

ApocalypseSquad #20 Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26142 battles

View PostDropman12, on 21 July 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

As mentioned it could be easily lack of practise and knowledge. No ofence, but almost 2 yers of pause is significant. plus as mentioned for example Maus has awesome snapshot ability, which is something you miss thus suprised by. There could be plenty of changes you miss. So play more, get back and enjoy. I had break for 2 months and first days I was feeling like complete idiot...

Also this - I had a layoff for over a year.  When I returned I could still hit my targets, but my old map knowledge was completely redundant.  I hadn't got a clue where to go, and am still on a steep catch-up learning curve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users